Preview Changes v Sydney, Rd 8

Remove this Banner Ad

On the Couch suggested it might be worth challenging the Fritsch high fend off and sighted when Danger got off for a similar motion.

I can’t keep up with the tribunal so not sure if there is risk of more weeks from an unsuccessful challenge?

If we cop it it’s a chance to try a different make up and maybe bring Weid in.

On the Couch suggested it might be worth challenging the Fritsch high fend off and sighted when Danger got off for a similar motion.

I can’t keep up with the tribunal so not sure if there is risk of more weeks from an unsuccessful challenge?

It costs like 5k or something to challenge and there's no additional punishment. Worth a challenge

So our win at the G against them isnt either?
Geelong is over the hill. They where overran by younger legs when we played them, and the same occured in sydney. Don't get me wrong, they'll be around finals because of their fortress at home like the eagles, and they're still a proud club.

Honestly though, i think they are past it. I tipped us when we played them, and while the swans result is closer, i really think they are to old. I wouldn't consider beating them a major highlight, Richmond proved more than the geelong game did.

So yes, i would not call it a pass mark either. Wins a win

Surely TMac goes back now, only bloke capable of running with him now Tommo is out :(
May is just as good a runner as Tomlinson. Remember his combined hatchet job on Cameron and Hipwood?

Geelong is over the hill. They where overran by younger legs when we played them, and the same occured in sydney. Don't get me wrong, they'll be around finals because of their fortress at home like the eagles, and they're still a proud club.

Honestly though, i think they are past it. I tipped us when we played them, and while the swans result is closer, i really think they are to old. I wouldn't consider beating them a major highlight, Richmond proved more than the geelong game did.

So yes, i would not call it a pass mark either. Wins a win

That's nuffy s**t mate. That's the only 3 wins every year count crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I kind of hope he made it count, because he otherwise had a deeply disappointing game

Last year, I highlighted that to the naked eye, he shirks contests. One hysterical posteron ehre tried to make out that was defamatory and demanded I go back through and find the examples. Which I didn't. But somebody else did. And proved it right. Anyway, I'm in NZ at the moment and watched the game on Sunday with a mate who used to lvie with me in Melbourne and I converted into an obsessive MFC fan. Doesn't come on here. Buthalfway through the third quarter he started telling me that he thinks Brayshaw is a pussy and holds back slightly from potential collisions. So anecdotally, it must be true. I think he still does it.

yeah I'd be challenging I'd also be bringing up he has a broken hand still and using that as an excuse for not wanting to push off with his hand and still trying to protect it from impacts.

Are challenges always heard and decided prior to the next week’s games? I guess what I’m wondering is if it’s possible Bailey can play this week while his challenge is being decided and then if he loses he just misses the Carlton game.

Are challenges always heard and decided prior to the next week’s games? I guess what I’m wondering is if it’s possible Bailey can play this week while his challenge is being decided and then if he loses he just misses the Carlton game.
Nope.
We have to appeal by Tuesday I think and challenge is heard either that night or Wednesday

Tomlinson is a huge loss.

I am pretty firmly in the McDonald back Weideman in camp. Petty is OMac deer in a headlight esque at AFL level and would be a liability whereas we at least know both McDonald and Weideman are AFL standard.

Sending McDonald back now at least gives him some time to get into the swing of things back there prior to the games meaning a lot.

Baker out Sparrow in.

Hopefully Fritsch gets off if not Chandler in.

Jones stays as sub.

In: Petty Sparrow Chandler
Out: Tomlinson Fritsch Baker

Hibberd May Petty
Salem Lever Hunt
Langdon Petracca Rivers
Spargo McDonald Melksham
Pickett B.Brown Jackson
Gawn Oliver Brayshaw
Jordon Neal-Bullen Sparrow Jones
Chandler (sub)

Not a fan of TMac back. Play him where he’s been performing well for two months. Petty gets an extended run in his natural position. He was drafted as an U/18 All Australian key defender. Let him develop down there under the wing of May and Lever.

Weid waits until there is a clear opportunity through injury or run of poor form from one of Brown/TMac/Jackson.

Last edited:
Tomlinson is a huge loss.

I am pretty firmly in the McDonald back Weideman in camp. Petty is OMac deer in a headlight esque at AFL level and would be a liability whereas we at least know both McDonald and Weideman are AFL standard.

Sending McDonald back now at least gives him some time to get into the swing of things back there prior to the games meaning a lot.

Baker out Sparrow in.

Hopefully Fritsch gets off if not Chandler in.

Jones stays as sub.
Baker out, Sparrow in and importantly, Gus back to the wing

So now we are pulling apart the forward line that worked to fix the back line that worked.
It might well work but sh*t there's red flags everywhere here.
You can't sit on your hands on one best 22 forever and hope everyone stays fit.

We covered the Weideman and Brown injuries super well when they happened, but those two were always meant to come in and it was always going to take some adjustment.

We have 647 points for. That's third most in the comp which is great, but its only seven more than each of West Coast and Essendon - the latter of which couldn't be accused of having a special forward line.

I don't think our forward line has been particularly outstanding in terms of scoring, but they have certainly done well at ground level. Moving McDonald back won't affect that, and Weideman is actually better at bringing it to ground than Tom is.

Our bigger issue than adding a tall or switching one for the other seems to be that the ground ball players all need to pressure well for the system to work. If more than one of Kozzie, ANB, Spargo has a quiet half then we seem to fall apart quickly.

Add to that the fact that Jackson is playing more around the ball and on the wing than at the start of the year, and we have space.

So now we are pulling apart the forward line that worked to fix the back line that worked.
It might well work but sh*t there's red flags everywhere here.

We've got to figure out our long term plans knowing Tomlinson is gone for 12 months. Our KPD depth is actually really low right now with both Hore and Tomlinson recovering from ACLs. We've got one spare in the two's and a guy who hasn't played that position in 5 years. Then there's Joel Smith who won't be available for a while and Daw who is still weeks away from AFL match fitness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back