Preview Changes vs Collingwood @ MCG, Round 20, 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If this thread was a person, it would be diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

The views are all over the place, but every one of you are convinced you're right...
Say you dont know what bi polar is without saying you dont know what bi polar is

I don’t get it. We waste a midfield spot on a guy who by everyone’s own admission is defensive and basically there to make sure the opposition don’t get the ball, which is apparently why you want Hinkley gone because he’s too defensive and we can’t score. Then when that non productive midfielder is dropped and we’ll probably play Bergman or Jones in the middle instead, people have a whinge that we’re not defensive enough.

We can’t afford to carry a mid who gets 11 disposals, 2 inside 50s and 3 clearances, with his major production being 8 second to the ball tackles in a critical game like Drew did against Geelong.

I want to see what Bergman does in that spot.

I don’t get it. We waste a midfield spot on a guy who by everyone’s own admission is defensive and basically there to make sure the opposition don’t get the ball, which is apparently why you want Hinkley gone because he’s too defensive and we can’t score. Then when that non productive midfielder is dropped and we’ll probably play Bergman or Jones in the middle instead, people have a whinge that we’re not defensive enough.

We can’t afford to carry a mid who gets 11 disposals, 2 inside 50s and 3 clearances, with his major production being 8 second to the ball tackles in a critical game like Drew did against Geelong.

🤡 honk honk 🤡

imagine having a ruckman averaging 30 hitouts a game and 10 hitouts to advantage... and choosing not to bother and instead going with an unsustainable 'russian roulette' ruck that either gets a clean clearance or utterly destroyed the other way.
When Hayes was rucking we'd get a clean clearance on those taps to advantage and destroyed the other way when he doesn't.

When Hayes was rucking we'd get a clean clearance on those taps to advantage and destroyed the other way when he doesn't.
Hayes has a 5-2 w/l record, the opposition have scored >70 points in 5 of his 7 games, no team has scored over 100.

Where do Ken Hinkley Football Club supporters get off with this bullshit?

The issue with Hayes is (to me anyway)
If you play him you then need to have finlayson,Dixon and R Gray in the forward line who give the collective chase of an echidna with no legs in your forward line

In the 5 games that we won with Hayes, he averaged 8 disposals, 1.6 marks, 1.6 inside 50s, 0 goals, 0.2 goal assists, 1 tackle, 2 clearances and 2.8 score involvements.

In the 4 games that we lost with Lycett, he averaged 14 disposals, 2.75 marks, 2.5 inside 50s, 0.5 goals, 0 goal assists, 1.5 tackles, 4.25 clearances and 4.25 score involvements.

Let’s not overrate his role when analysing those wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the 5 games that we won with Hayes, he averaged 8 disposals, 1.6 marks, 1.6 inside 50s, 0 goals, 0.2 goal assists, 1 tackle, 2 clearances and 2.8 score involvements.

In the 4 games that we lost with Lycett, he averaged 14 disposals, 2.75 marks, 2.5 inside 50s, 0.5 goals, 0 goal assists, 1.5 tackles, 4.25 clearances and 4.25 score involvements.

Let’s not overrate his role when analysing those wins.
What that says to me is that Hayes made his team mates stand taller than Lycett did.

Funny how our club and the recruiters really put all their eggs in one basket and banked on Skinner being our only KPD depth and that went to s**t. Didnt help Pasini did his knee would of had a run of games by now.

Schofield and Hayes good as gone, not even named as emergencies. Williams and Frederick will probably go too.

One of Cameron or Johnson will kick 4+, Howe/Moore will have 10 intercept marks and we’ll probably play De Goey into form.

Then finally we will see some kids

I tend to agree with this. No offence to Drew but we know what he offers and it's fine if he's got an elite midfield around him. But if we want to give some of the other guys more of a run to see if we've got something better, he's the most obvious one to make way.

Funny how our club and the recruiters really put all their eggs in one basket and banked on Skinner being our only KPD depth and that went to s**t. Didnt help Pasini did his knee would of had a run of games by now.

Schofield and Hayes good as gone, not even named as emergencies. Williams and Frederick will probably go too.

One of Cameron or Johnson will kick 4+, Howe/Moore will have 10 intercept marks and we’ll probably play De Goey into form.

You get what you deserve.

No Houston, no Bonner and once more no ruckman so we should get smashed. Not that it matters as we are not going to make the finals so we may as well improve our Draft prospects.

It appears Ken is more concerned at catching the 'vandal' who defaced a road sign with a Sack Hinkley poster than he is about selecting a competitive side. I almost choked on my crumpet and marmalade when I read Ken's comments in this morning's press.

What happened to Orazio, did he pull a hammy putting his boots on at training last night?

Mentioned this earlier in the year, love his endeavour & workmate but We can’t have a guy that plays strictly in the guts get under 15 posse each week. Good depth but should only play when Wines or Boak are out.

plus 4 freekicks to ginniven

I tend to agree with this. No offence to Drew but we know what he offers and it's fine if he's got an elite midfield around him. But if we want to give some of the other guys more of a run to see if we've got something better, he's the most obvious one to make way.

Wines, Rozee, Butters, Bergman is the core of our midfield for the next 5 years with Boak hopefully playing another couple of years as the older head. We don't need a slow 15 possesion scrapper who can't kick and does a bit of defence every now and then.

No Houston, no Bonner and once more no ruckman so we should get smashed. Not that it matters as we are not going to make the finals so we may as well improve our Draft prospects.

It appears Ken is more concerned at catching the 'vandal' who defaced a road sign with a Sack Hinkley poster than he is about selecting a competitive side. I almost choked on my crumpet and marmalade when I read Ken's comments in this morning's press.

What happened to Orazio, did he pull a hammy putting his boots on at training last night?
I heard he stepped outside an fell ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back