Strategy Changes vs St. Kilda

I really don't understand naming Priddis on the extended bench. Either name him or don't. It's not like it makes him feel better being part of the of the conversation..... It's kind of insulting.

Rest him, name him for the home games.
Its worth sending priddis over as emergency . He is a great club man and leader .
Means someone like karpany if he doesn't play afl still gets.a.game in the wafl

Does the whole extended bench normally get named for East Perth?
If not, I find it a little strange that Sheed would be named as a possible inclusion for East Perth given his recent form.

Yeah, usually. It's a strange omission, either he has actually refused to play for East Perth or (more likely I think) they didn't want to include him on a list of potential WAFL players out of concern that it would just generate more headlines about his status.

Does the whole extended bench normally get named for East Perth?
If not, I find it a little strange that Sheed would be named as a possible inclusion for East Perth given his recent form.

As far as I know it's usually the whole extended bench. To be fair though I've only checked it closely when Karpany is on both.

Masten got 38 touches in the WAFL, if that was Parto, we would have all lost our minds if he wasn't chosen. Let's not be hypocrits here.

The thing is we have 150 odd games of evidence with Masten, we know what he has to offer. I'm not a Masten hater either, he's been a good soldier for us, he's had his moments of madness for sure but so does everyone.
Not sure why everyone hates the guy so much, he's achieved a lot more than most that enter the AFL system. He gets judged harsher than most because he was an early pick. If was pick 120 he would probably get criticised a bit less.
Partington hasn't had an opportunity to show us what he had to offer yet so let's see how he goes for the next 30-50 games, Hopefully he becomes a gun for us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Meh dont care if he wasn't named for EP... He isn't playing next year and till people are getting annoyed with it.
Probably due to the fact that he isn't playing next year means that he and the club have accepted that he is no longer best 22 which means he shouldn't be in the team at all unless it's a farewell game.

The thing is we have 150 odd games of evidence with Masten, we know what he has to offer. I'm not a Masten hater either, he's been a good soldier for us, he's had his moments of madness for sure but so does everyone.
Not sure why everyone hates the guy so much, he's achieved a lot more than most that enter the AFL system. He gets judged harsher than most because he was an early pick. If was pick 120 he would probably get criticised a bit less.
Partington hasn't had an opportunity to show us what he had to offer yet so let's see how he goes for the next 30-50 games, Hopefully he becomes a gun for us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Marsden is a very easy player to dislike. I don't even think about what pick he originally was, couldn't care less, he's just a campaigner.

The soft, fragile way he plays seems to rile people up because it epitomizes the thing which the club is being heavily criticized for recently. Our lack of leadership, hardness, "intent", heart, hunger, or just general willingness to win is routinely demonstrated in his game and it gets on supporters nerves.

Whether it's a panic handball, a half arsed contest, a weak tackle attempt, getting the ball on the turnover and just generally having no game awareness or interest in winning, so he might turn around and chip it backwards. He's that sort of guy, winning isn't high on his priorities.

The sort who is seemingly happy with the club finishing at the bottom of the ladder, so long as he is still having fun playing and collecting his pay check.

Is he s**t at footy? No. Is he better than me? Bloody oath. Could i give him a Dustin? Bloody oath :hand: Does he run hard and kick the footy well? Yes.

But we know what we're getting with him, and it's not what this club needs. Depth is fine, but we need to move on from Chris Marsden.

Hahaha, that's nice you think that.

You're absolutely right though that there's a difference between an actual discussion and mindless complaining, however when someone asked you to suggest who you'd like in the team other than the selected you responded with this piece of 'expression':

Which neither makes any sense or answers the question.

At the end of the day the coaches can only pick the players available to them, and if we win this week it's possible(however unlikely) we end the round 5th, this season isn't over yet, people forget every other team around us has stuffed up as often as we have.
Hahaha, that's nice you think that.

You're absolutely right though that there's a difference between an actual discussion and mindless complaining, however when someone asked you to suggest who you'd like in the team other than the selected you responded with this piece of 'expression':

Which neither makes any sense or answers the question.

At the end of the day the coaches can only pick the players available to them, and if we win this week it's possible(however unlikely) we end the round 5th, this season isn't over yet, people forget every other team around us has stuffed up as often as we have.
you just don't get it.Lets just leave it at that.

So the game will be delayed by 3 hours on TV. ******* great.

giphy.gif

Simpson giving nothing away at the presser. Said "you'll have to wait until 3pm" when asked if Priddis was playing. Surely that means he's not?

He might go over as traveling emergency like Mitchell did a couple of weeks ago.
He's probably been told to watch his wording in pressers about any questions surrounding Priddis. Media seem to be swirling for a story.

Mitchell as a travelling emergency was for coaching as well obviously, but it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to send him over. At least for a nice weekend in Melbourne- he's sure earnt it.

Means that whoever is dropped can go down to EP rather than miss a match of continuity leading into a potential finals campaign.

Priddis isn't best 22 right now. His inclusion only has a negative on the team, particularly to Redden, Partington and Sheed (because midfield minutes)

If he plays, it will be out of sentiment only. Which to me is totally fine once finals are shot, but right now i'd like to continue winning games.

Who else has your login? You have some wise, sensible words in between all the other tripe ;)

Back