Changes vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

We are 4 from 9 in heritage jumpers...

2003 R19 - LOSS vs. Essendon (67 points)
2004 R18 - LOSS vs. West Coast (49 points)
2005 R20 - WIN vs. Richmond (12 points)
2006 R16 - LOSS vs. Geelong (1 point)
2007 R14 - WIN vs. Port Adelaide (20 points)
2008 R17 - LOSS vs. Carlton (28 points)
2011 R13 - WIN vs. Adelaide (30 points)
2019 R17 - WIN vs. Melbourne (8 points)

2022 R21 - LOSS vs. Fremantle (17 points)
My mathematics from the above has us winning by 11 points with Will Minson kicking 3 goals.

I think they're may be errors on my system.

Cleary not keeping his spot by Scott and VDM kept getting picked week after week. What is even the point of having VDM with Ed and JJ back??

* off Bevo and * off MC. Worst way to develop young players - play them for a week and don't use them again for a year. Ridiculous.

Would have been a great game to Buss to have got a debut but I think 2 KPDs should be able to contain Richmond's (lack off) talls.

Overall good changes, but I’m surprised all of Doc, Scott and VDM survived. I understand not wanting to make a heap of changes, but all three holding their spot after putting in such shockers is odd.

I know Baker will likely be sub as that's the type we tend to go with, but I would love to have Buku as sub this week. Has the versatility to go back or fwd if we lose a KPP again and a guy like Baker is a bit redundant already having Poulter, Bailey Williams, Scott, Laith etc. One of Buku's weaknesses is his tank and maybe not a guy who can run all day yet, especially as an intercept HBF, so this would help that also coming on as the sub.

We should have excellent run at the very least. Small backline and our best runners all back in Ed, Dale, JJ etc plus a plethora of wing options. Hope that's an advantage for us tomorrow.

Overall good changes, but I’m surprised all of Doc, Scott and VDM survived. I understand not wanting to make a heap of changes, but all three holding their spot after putting in such shockers is odd.

It’s objectively odd, but not from this MC.

That Cleary could perform adequately after not playing at the level and lose his spot, yet others (who should be better given their exposure to the level) performed very poorly but still kept their spot, is on brand for this MC.

I’m no longer frustrated by it, just resigned to it. There is no selection integrity and there hasn’t been for a long, long time.

Yeah Cleary out is a joke, not sure what more this kid can do and * me Doc is so bloody s**t now. Cleary is faster, better aerially, much better kick and probably even better one on one now that Doc can’t compete without going to ground. But anyway…

Keen to see the smaller & quicker backline in action, we’ve been desperately crying for that. I think it’ll be a positive for us - I hope we give it more than one week to gel at least.

Glad West held his spot, assume AJ is sub which is okay. Id really rather Baker than Poults but not gonna make much of a difference.

I’d have Cleary, AJ, Baker for Doc, VDM & Poults but overall not tooooo bad

Cleary going from a spot in the team to not in the squad, says he must have gone completely against what he was meant to be doing and is why he hasn't been getting picked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether they’re all on Doc or not, he’s our go to small defender. We’ve now had 4 goals kicked on us from Walters, Elliot, Paps, 5 from Greene in the past 5 weeks - at some point we can’t just accept this and make a change.

Very concerned at what the likes of Bolton are gonna do to us

Rucks look interesting - probably lose there
Mids. should win early particularly with Martin and Cotchin out
Pace might do us in the end
Chance

Obviously Richmond resting their stalwarts means they want extra pace.
So imagine selectors kept Vandermeer in for that reason.Dont know why Jones didn't come in .l imagine him or Baker sub.
Cleary mustn't understand the game plan.A lot of supporters don't either!

Wouldve preferred Clizz over Doc or VDM.
Glad West is getting a full game.
Arty as sub is a good move, should have a good impact when other players run out of legs.

How Vanderschmear gets a game in front of anyone is beyond me. The MC are way too gun shy for my liking.

The passive non-changes to plodders and list cloggers when you have TALENT coming up just boggles my mind. I'd rather see a kid with potential make errors he will learn from than see spuds keep making the same errors continuously. Stinks of Bevo St Bede's mindset.

Jones x 2
JOD
Richards

All in
Happy Hour Drinking GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back