Channel 7, please show us classic games during the shutdown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently this will now happen.

So on Friday night Melbourne viewers will get St Kilda/Geelong Rd 14 2009, Adelaide viewers the second Showdown of 2013 and Perth the 2018 GF.

Sydney and Brisbane viewers :(

Also Fox are doing a "Live Recall" of a classic match between Collingwood and Richmond tonight and Sydney and Essendon tomorrow.

You know what I’d rather
They give us a classic game of the 2 teams meant to be playing

So right now we could have some 70s/80s final between Richmond and Collingwood?

You know what I’d rather
They give us a classic game of the 2 teams meant to be playing

So right now we could have some 70s/80s final between Richmond and Collingwood?
Just expanding on my idea. This is what Id make the Foxtel coverage.

Thursday Night: Collingwood vs Richmond Rd 2, 2016 (Grundy winner)
Friday Night: Sydney vs Essendon Rd 20, 2011 (Goodes after siren miss)
Saturday Afternoon: Melbourne vs GWS Rd 1, 2016 (Only game between these 2 teams which was closer than a 4 goal margin)
Saturday Twilight: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs Rd 19, 2019 (Carlton break the 100-pt hoodoo - Also the only game between these teams since Essendon last won a final which was close)
Saturday Night: Brisbane vs North Melbourne Rd 14, 2000 (Kangaroos barely hold on for a win after leading by 7 goals at 3/4 time)
Saturday Night: Adelaide vs Port Adelaide Rd 3, 2008 (Adelaide hang on to win despite having no bench with 4 injuries in game)
Sunday Afternoon: Gold Coast vs Geelong Rd 3, 2015 (Suns push and push and push without Ablett and nearly pull off the upset at Kardinia)
Sunday Afternoon: West Coast vs St Kilda Rd 3, 2000 (I got no memorable games, so lets go the draw)
Sunday Twilight: Fremantle vs Hawthorn GF, 2013 (The only other game between these two I vaguely remember is the 2015 PF. GF > PF)

Well doesn't this show up Chris Scott for being lost in nostalgic la-la land.

2017-19 Tigers would annihilate both these Geelong and Saints teams, their defensive structures wouldn't cope with chaos counter-attacks, there is space everywhere!!

(not knocking the sides, who were great in their era, but they wouldn't beat the top side today)

Well doesn't this show up Chris Scott for being lost in nostalgic la-la land.

2017-19 Tigers would annihilate both these Geelong and Saints teams, their defensive structures wouldn't cope with chaos counter-attacks, there is space everywhere!!

(not knocking the sides, who were great in their era, but they wouldn't beat the top side today)

I just realised another drawback of having the season postponed. Bloody Richmond supporters.

I just realised another drawback of having the season postponed. Bloody Richmond supporters.
seriously though, glacial coming out of defense, Rioli, castagna,butler-types would have had a field day.

Again I love those sides, amazing for their era, just tired of blokes who could only win a premiership 10 years ago romanticizing the era. This match bursts the bubble completely- don't you agree? Essendon's sprinters off HB would tear these teams apart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back