Player Watch Charlie Dixon Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome back Charles.

One thing with Dixon and I have been more critical of him than most, is that I believe he benefited from SANFL time more than physically. Over the last few years he has been a guy that has had spells of ineffectiveness where he just seems to forget and lose faith in what he can do. Dropping back to the Magpies and beating up a few second grade footballers is good for his confidence and affirmation and I think something he could've used in the past. I think he's on a good track now to recover his 2017 touch hopefully (ken permitting).

Also think his run in the Magpies made him aware of how much the Port Adelaide community value him. Being from Queensland and playing for the Gold Coast, he just didn't quite get what footy means in the heartland. I reckon he's genuinely touched by what the supporters feel for him. It's more than playing for yourself and collecting a pay cheque. I think in his time out of the game he's developed a greater appreciation of that.

He didn’t have the easiest day of it with a lot of dropped marks and a couple of missed shots on goal, but his presence was massive. Throwing his weight around, slamming players into the deck and generally striking fear into the hearts of smaller men.

You could really sense how much he means to the other players, along with the return of Hartlett we’ve seen a huge boost in confidence and aggression.

Welcome back Chuck.

He didn’t have the easiest day of it with a lot of dropped marks and a couple of missed shots on goal, but his presence was massive. Throwing his weight around, slamming players into the deck and generally striking fear into the hearts of smaller men.

You could really sense how much he means to the other players, along with the return of Hartlett we’ve seen a huge boost in confidence and aggression.

Welcome back Chuck.

This made such a huge difference. Ryder, Westhoff or Marshall in Dixon's place yesterday and we probably don't win that game.

Even an out of touch Dixon, changes the way we play and the confidence going i50 ...
Very close to what Kenny said in the Magarey Room post-game and had Charlie up on stage. Seemed genuine when he praised Charlie's effect on the playing group. Said something like even if he wasn't kicking a bag he lifted the team, he gave them confidence.

Welcome back Chuck.

And attracts a player of Harry Taylor's ilk full time who otherwise would be cruising around the defensive 50 blocking space, creating 2-on-1's taking uncontested grabs.

Very close to what Kenny said in the Magarey Room post-game and had Charlie up on stage. Seemed genuine when he praised Charlie's effect on the playing group. Said something like even if he wasn't kicking a bag he lifted the team, he gave them confidence.

and had the cats defenders distracted. They've been so polished coming out of defence but the fear of a dixon tackle rattled their composure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caller rings in sooking that Walker has similar stats to Dixon yet Walker is ridiculed and Dixon is celebrated. Reckon they’re getting nervous.
I reckon that caller is stupid. Dixon doesn't squib contests like Walker does, and Dixon has more heart in his left pinky on the field then Walker does at any time.

Walker still dines out every few weeks on less competitive teams playing for a side that still has some decent forward structure and delivery. Something we still can't manage at Port, only SGray will manage that.

Charlie would've cracked the tonne playing at Adelaide in 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if I'm understanding this lady's argument correctly, it's 'stop picking on Taylor, because his averages are nearly as good as the stats of a guy playing against the top side in his first game back from a broken leg'?

Credit: Getty / Mark Brake.

65642154_10156536900256947_243229186292973568_n.jpg

Gznqr5i.jpg

Bronx cheers tonight.

I won't judge people who do it, I certainly don't consider myself above bronx cheering a Port person, but I wouldn't ever do it to Dixon. Despite lack of forward craft, leading patterns, concrete hands, spraying shots, large periods of ineffectiveness, and not knocking anybody in to next season, his passion can't ever be questioned.

I hope it doesn't get to him.

After he sprayed that shot on the siren he looked absolutely furious with himself, put his jumper over his head and screamed what I can only assume were vile obscenities. Not one Port player thought to walk up and have a chat with him. With three captains out there today you'd think one of the useless campaigners could've shown some leadership.

After he sprayed that shot on the siren he looked absolutely furious with himself, put his jumper over his head and screamed what I can only assume were vile obscenities. Not one Port player thought to walk up and have a chat with him. With three captains out there today you'd think one of the useless campaigners could've shown some leadership.

One of our dozen captains should take him aside and explain to him work-life balance. Don't take this footy thing too seriously Charles.

Bronx cheers tonight.

I won't judge people who do it, I certainly don't consider myself above bronx cheering a Port person, but I wouldn't ever do it to Dixon. Despite lack of forward craft, leading patterns, concrete hands, spraying shots, large periods of ineffectiveness, and not knocking anybody in to next season, his passion can't ever be questioned.

He's got a lot to work on, but I felt so sad for him when he missed the shot on the final siren. He was frustrated with himself, maybe with other things too.

At least he shows the passion, not like half the ******* HinkleyBots running around out there.

Bronx cheers tonight.

When you see about $35,000 hit your bank account every month, after tax, and if you are smart get another $30,000+ when you get your tax refund, I'm sure he can look at that to help offset the pain of a few bronx cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back