Player Watch Charlie Dixon Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

And he'd actually have to apply his body to a hit, rather than huff and puff and gently caress the neckline of someone's guernsey

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

All he'd have to do is take you to Chux Grudge & you'd go to water m7.
Mate, I put an analogue clock in to the HQ dash on the weekend, I would *in own Chuck's garage. Get a load of this.

dec4b6ec7fa7002224cdede739cc7a0d.jpg

Taking me to the grudge would be a huge mistake. I might come back with a more positive opinion of the fella. Better keep it to strictly football.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Why do people keep reposting this? If Ken had his way, Jonas never would've been captain in the first place. Hinkley wanted to give Wines the captaincy after Boak. It was the playing group that pushed for Jonas.
i was ok with Jonas being captain at the time, the fact that Ken wanted Ollie when he has never shown leadership cred at anytime during his career is another black mark on his record because it just shows that he has no idea. The problem is that Ken kept Jonas as captain when he was cooked, and no less than 2 years after his expiry date.

i was ok with Jonas being captain at the time, the fact that Ken wanted Ollie when he has never shown leadership cred at anytime during his career is another black mark on his record because it just shows that he has no idea. The problem is that Ken kept Jonas as captain when he was cooked, and no less than 2 years after his expiry date.
Ken obviously saw Wines as his son. Nepotism.

I realise that I may be suffering a bit from negativity bias but that really seemed like the least impactful 3 goal game I’ve ever seen.

Nothing at all in the second half.

Not much in the second half but should have kicked that last goal. He was probably still in the top handful of players on the ground. Against a very good one on one defender in barrass too. Fingers crossed he is easing in to the season after a difficult pre season and gets more consistent over the course of a whole game from here on in.

One game in and so far so good. I liked the comment in this morning's press about not using Charlie in the Ruck. It makes sense, as asking a 33 year old to play as a key forward and as a ruckman is asking too much.

Excuse me… if you’re capable of signing a new contract your capable of playing your role and doing what is asked of you…

Another moronic statement from this football club…

Where is that Michael Wilson picture?

Excuse me… if you’re capable of signing a new contract your capable of playing your role and doing what is asked of you…

The club is asking him to play his role as a key forward and not as a ruckman. Charlie is the one that puts his hand up for the extra load.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I though Dixon's first quarter was electric and if had kicked straight the game would have been over at quarter time. His contested marking was a thing to behold.

It looks to me that he can kick the easy ones but not so much the difficult ones and he seems to lose confidence when he misses. The first goal he kicked was the Joe the Goose because the savvy Rioli saw the overcommittment of Barrass. The second was a pinpoint kick by Rioli for an easy shot. The last one was a very strong contested mark for an easy shot.

I seem to remember the other shots he had were more on the 45 metre type of shot. And I won't mention the strong mark and playing on into trouble that rubbed a goal out against his name.

But yeah, there was four quarters of footy and the injured and lame Dixon didn't do a lot after that. His direct opponent started to beat him easily.

As JamesBC says, the way it is going it will be harder for him against better teams and the knocks and bumps and overall fatigue as the season grinds on.

His selection is a bit of a worry. We will see how it pans out.

I am not sure what you are on about, Dixon will be 34 this season and last week he was asked to play as a key forward and did it fairly well I thought. On top of that we have just spent heaps trading in two ruckmen and have Visentini as a project ruckman in reserve. Why burn out a 34 year old who can do the job as a key forward?

That doesn't preclude Dixon from pinch hitting when the ball is in the forward line but his days of taking the ruck contest at the centre bounce and around the ground should be over.

Sorry but I missed the Michael Wilson connection.

That's up there with him being a shithead to Alex Rance. It was always fun to watch him on Rance. Whenever he played Alex Rance was about the only time he would use his body properly. Shame Alex retired not long after Dixon moved to Port.
Old comment I know, but I love this pic from all the way back in 2010, really proves your point
1710930264386.png

Not if you are only about half match fit and fell heavily on your shoulder early in the game. That's got * all to do with signing a contract.

He shouldn't have had to take the 10 ruck contests that he did though he did it well with 7 HTA. Unfortunately he is the best option as ruck in forward line stoppages. We need another 2nd ruck option who is not a full time ruck. Sweet is a liability around the ground and is not worth playing just to be another ruck.

We should be looking to the guys who are physically capable who can give Soldo a rest. I do acknowledge that Finlayson doesn't contest hard enough at stoppages. He tries and he is good with clearances and around the ball but we need a genuine second ruck who is not a liability around the ground.

Lord was the likely candidate but unfortunately is injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back