Teams Chicago Bears - Monsters of the Midway

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not sure there’s a more poisoned challis in the NFL than the HC of the bears.
Horrible unambitious owners, inept staff, inadequate stadium, nepotism damned from top to bottom but yet inexplicably has high expectation from a large demanding fan base.
It’s broken in its current function and as long as the McCaskeys own and profit from it I can’t see it changing.
Sadly we’ll just get to celebrate the 85 bears and their aura and the odd superstar like sweetness

Thought he'd been playing great, but didn't think it was that great.
Think he was so disappointing for so long that I probably wasn’t accepting the good ones while the house is burning down and I’m filthy on everyone and everything… even though I knew it was inevitable it still bites to be so s**t yet again.

As I said on the game day thread …. I’ll just watch the first half twice 😣

27 points in a single half is a amazing for a Matt Nagy lead team, spoiled.

Losing Vic Fangio certainly exposed him terribly huh.
FMD

Yea, Desai is out of his league, skipped like a whole level, going from safeties coach to DC. No credible DC wanted to ruin their resume coaching for a lame duck coach like Matt Nagy I reckon.

Much like the Panthers the Bears need to clean house. At least you guys probably will and have a QB in place. No guarantee we do. :(

Yea, Desai is out of his league, skipped like a whole level, going from safeties coach to DC. No credible DC wanted to ruin their resume coaching for a lame duck coach like Matt Nagy I reckon.

Much like the Panthers the Bears need to clean house. At least you guys probably will and have a QB in place. No guarantee we do. :(
That’s for certain. Will probably happen to playing and coaching staff now it’s got so bad, but while Ted and family are pulling the cords it’s just rinse and repeat anyway. Until they sell the monsters are ****ed unfortunately

That’s for certain. Will probably happen to playing and coaching staff now it’s got so bad, but while Ted and family are pulling the cords it’s just rinse and repeat anyway. Until they sell the monsters are f’ed unfortunately
Maybe they can get the GM right and he strikes gold on a coach. Wouldn't count your chickens but they are definitely "due" at least :tearsofjoy:

Maybe they can get the GM right and he strikes gold on a coach. Wouldn't count your chickens but they are definitely "due" at least :tearsofjoy:
They’ll pacify the pitchfork wielding masses with a ‘local hire’ or ‘fan growing up’ attempt to douse the fire or some other gimmicky load of s**t.
For as long as the McCaskeys stay committed to being cheap and having zero ambition on field they will stay mediocre at best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting post-script from Sunday’s Trace Armstrong report: He represents Matt Nagy

Posted by Mike Florio on December 12, 2021, 9:15 PM EST

On Sunday, Jason La Canfora reported that former NFL player and current agent Trace Armstrong recently spoke to the Bears about possibly taking over the team’s football operations. (Armstrong denied it.) The report implied that the move would be part of a series of changes that would result in a new coach, and that Ohio State coach Ryan Day would “the candidate to watch” for the job.

There’s a P.S. on this story. A fairly important one. Trace Armstrong, who spent six season with the Bears as a player, represents current coach Matt Nagy.

In 2019, Armstrong said this to Larry Mayer of ChicagoBears.com regarding Nagy’s first year as a head coach: “It’s so exciting getting a chance to see Matt be Matt Nagy the head coach and see the things that he’s talked about and dreamed about doing when he had his own opportunity. For him to now being doing those things, it’s great. The fact that I’ve got some tie to the organization beyond that made it really fun. . . . He’s got such a great sense of people and treating them well. You can see as he goes around here in the building, he [impacts] lots of people in lots of ways, which is a really good mark of a leader.”

It doesn’t sound as if Armstrong’s first order of business would be to fire Nagy. And it’s hard to imagine Armstrong wanting the job if Nagy’s firing would be a precursor to hiring Armstrong.

Interesting post-script from Sunday’s Trace Armstrong report: He represents Matt Nagy

Posted by Mike Florio on December 12, 2021, 9:15 PM EST

On Sunday, Jason La Canfora reported that former NFL player and current agent Trace Armstrong recently spoke to the Bears about possibly taking over the team’s football operations. (Armstrong denied it.) The report implied that the move would be part of a series of changes that would result in a new coach, and that Ohio State coach Ryan Day would “the candidate to watch” for the job.

There’s a P.S. on this story. A fairly important one. Trace Armstrong, who spent six season with the Bears as a player, represents current coach Matt Nagy.

In 2019, Armstrong said this to Larry Mayer of ChicagoBears.com regarding Nagy’s first year as a head coach: “It’s so exciting getting a chance to see Matt be Matt Nagy the head coach and see the things that he’s talked about and dreamed about doing when he had his own opportunity. For him to now being doing those things, it’s great. The fact that I’ve got some tie to the organization beyond that made it really fun. . . . He’s got such a great sense of people and treating them well. You can see as he goes around here in the building, he [impacts] lots of people in lots of ways, which is a really good mark of a leader.”

It doesn’t sound as if Armstrong’s first order of business would be to fire Nagy. And it’s hard to imagine Armstrong wanting the job if Nagy’s firing would be a precursor to hiring Armstrong.

His tenure would be off to a very very unpopular start if he chose not to axe the HC if you read through the eleven thousand ‘fire Nagy’ comments on the official app lol

With all these players missing through Covid protocols, we may have had a chance at the line at 14 with a full squad in. Maybe

Well COVID lockdowns have beefed me up so I really should volunteer my services and I reckon I could walk on.
Add a further 8 players injured or otherwise unavailable this is ridiculous and even the gods are trolling us with OC DC and ST coaches all out too with Nagy unfortunately available

6BB03488-C3ED-4724-995A-DBE42D75FC05.jpeg

Perhaps if Nagy showed the same fight on the sidelines against the Vikings earlier he'd still have a job, no doubt the players tried hard (even if they were completely incompetent) in a meaningless game coz the coach had their back early on over bullshit penalties.

Personally I loved that Tevin Jenkins personal foul penalty. About ******* time one of the Bears gutless o-line stood up for Fields, hes been smashed all year. Germain Ifedi is a ******* joke. Going off on Jenkins for the foul. At least Jenkins is trying to do the right thing by his QB.

When Fields got hit with Kendricks helmet to helmet on the slide there should have been a fight. Bears olineman either gutless or dont give a * about Fields (maybe both). If Kendricks does that to another rookie QB on another team, olineman are getting thrown out of the game 99% of the time.

Last edited:
Perhaps if Nagy showed the same fight on the sidelines against the Vikings earlier he'd still have a job, no doubt the players tried hard (even if they were completely incompetent) in a meaningless game coz the coach had their back early on over bullshit penalties.

Personally I loved that Tevin Jenkins personal foul penalty. About ******* time one of the Bears gutless o-line stood up for Fields, hes been smashed all year. Germain Ifedi is a ******* joke. Going off on Jenkins for the foul. At least Jenkins is trying to do the right thing by his QB.

When Fields got him with Kendricks helmet to helmet on the slide there should have been a fight. Bears olineman either gutless or dont give a fu** about Fields (maybe both). If Kendricks does that to another rookie QB on another team, olineman are getting thrown out of the game 99% of the time.
You see the Bears D is always very tough and get into scraps all the time. But the offense is weak and doesnt get into scraps. That could be indicative of the coaching. Players take on personality of their direct coach. Nagy as you suggest, has bred a weak-minded group.

You see the Bears D is always very tough and get into scraps all the time. But the offense is weak and doesnt get into scraps. That could be indicative of the coaching. Players take on personality of their direct coach. Nagy as you suggest, has bred a weak-minded group.

True. Very wise observation.

Funny enough the Vikings went public about how dirty a side the Bears are. Always trash talking and doing their best to intimidate them. Could have fooled me.
There are so few players left standing now Ifreudi has been made a captain for the Seahawks game lol .. fmd
Oh and Robert Quinn has been selected for the pro bowl A11dAtP0w3R so have at my corpse.

Funny enough the Vikings went public about how dirty a side the Bears are. Always trash talking and doing their best to intimidate them. Could have fooled me.
There are so few players left standing now Ifreudi has been made a captain for the Seahawks game lol .. fmd
Oh and Robert Quinn has been selected for the pro bowl A11dAtP0w3R so have at my corpse.

Its just a laugh mate, im by no means saying hes great or anything, just that hes had a good season.

Probowl is bullshit, no real accomplismment there. The fact not a single off ball linebacker was selected by fans tells you all that you need to know. They dumb as *. Its really just a popularity contest and which team has the most fans to vote you in.

Some poor sucker bout to throw some decent money at Quinn in the offseason only for him to disappear til the next time hes up for contract.

Heard some rumours that the Bears might try and trade for Sean Payton. That would actually be a great move. Therefor I doubt the rumour and the McCaskey's doing it.

Heard some rumours that the Bears might try and trade for Sean Payton. That would actually be a great move. Therefor I doubt the rumour and the McCaskey's doing it.
I read that about a month ago.
I’d welcome that obviously but the rumor has cooled off significantly to my knowledge and let’s face it…. Who’d really want to work for the McCaskeys anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back