Certified Legendary Thread China History in the Making

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess any announcements with the China game will be made after the second release of tickets.

How coincidental that the AFL releases a story that the game might be shifted to Metricon the day we announce a new ticket release. Probably miscalculated how many Port Adelaide supporters are going and are hoping that they can get some sort of uplift from a Chinese 'rent-a-crowd' supporting the Suns.

There's zero chance of the game being cancelled. North Korea goes through the same charade every single year so they can con their people into believing they are some powerful force in the world.

Also, something I found interesting looking at the fixture:

Port: Sydney (A), Fremantle (H), Adelaide (H), GWS (A), Carlton (H), Brisbane (A), West Coast (H)

Gold Coast: Brisbane (H), GWS (A), Hawthorn (H), Carlton (A), Adelaide (H), North Melbourne (A), Geelong (H)

No. I can't see the idiots starting something that will cause 400 million people to be killed in 24 hours and make September 11 look like a picnic.
This is not the upfront issue. The real threat is the match being called off in the face of potential as against actual danger. Do you trust such a judgement call? It will have to be made at least a week before the game. Airlines will give the lead. Once they start cancelling flights, as Air China has done with its Pyongyang route, we're in trouble.

Do I think this is going to happen? No I don't.

The human race in my lifetime has shown a biblical ability to avoid apocalypse despite itself. There's a historical nuclear alert timeline on adelaidenow as we speak. I recall the first crisis listed very well - the Cuban Missiles of 1962. I recall standing in a group of third-year students in a corridor at Norwood High telling them we were about to ourselves enact On The Beach by Neville Shute. I'd reread the book and seen the movie even though Ava Gardner wasn't my type. It was an effing close call, especially since the Joint Chiefs of Staff were heavily on to JFK re invading Cuba where the Russian commander had been authorised by the Kremlin to use nuclear weapons in defence.

Wonder what those Joint Chiefs are telling Trump today. Exactly the same. But don't worry folks. I'm up here on the front line. I'll save you.

Considering NK have already ignored the first warning and are now saying they will test a new bomb every week, we might be in some trouble.

They haven't stopped pushing yet so the tension will likely grow worse before it gets better.

THE final piece of the Jiangwan Stadium jigsaw is being put in place today, with the construction of the temporary stands for the historic Round 8 game between Port Adelaide and the Suns underway.

With 26 days until the match takes place, the remaining preparations for the 11,500-capacity Jiangwan Stadium will be finalised in the next few weeks.

Despite reports to the contrary on Tuesday, Port Adelaide expects no changes to preparations ahead of the May 14 game.
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2017-04-18/shanghai-stadium-almost-ready

NK will not be bombing China

Have been expecting it and not disappointed.

Swastika Port fan.

Wonder what is next?

If you are wondering if journalistic standards in Adelaide have dropped, then you would be right. Since Terry Plane was sacked, and replaced by a positive discrimination appointment, channel seven has been turned into a tabloid magazine, hell bent on controversy, conflict, scandal, weight loss stories and male/ power bashing. all of the experienced journalists have been let go and even sa life is being produced interstate. I am surprised they haven't upped stumps and moved interstate completely yet, like ten.
I wouldn't listen to the fake news anyways, they clearly have an agenda and if that's the game they want to play then I would suggest every power supporter take their camera phone out and film any/ every crows supporter engaged in anti social behaviours, then post it to facebook and the media outlets to even up the ledger a bit. ie if you want to get down in the gutter then we will get down there with you.
if you want to stay clean then identify the station sponsors and send them boycott letters, ie I am boycotting your product because you are advertising on a station that has portrayed my football team in a biased manner. sponsors only need a handful of complaints to react. it's a real kick in the nuts to the stations because their advertising revenues are drying up fast.

onto the game, don't listen to your local media and cancel your tickets, shanghai is the most amazing city in the world and you should have the time of your life. Pudong airport is very reliable, never had a problem in 10 years. but flights to/ from second tier cities are often delayed/ cancelled because of the tensions in the south China seas, airlines don't want to fly over an American armada or too close to a us airbase by mistake like some airlines are fond of doing. And the waters/ air are even busier with the arrival of the carl vinson armada.The airlines are kept on their toes trying to avoid them. No one here is scared of north Korea, but everyone is scared of the us build up in the area, the yanks are banging the war drums again. the game will be on and if its not then god help us all.
note this is just all speculation on my part, I just overheard a bloke in a pub say something that another bloke said so I cant be held personally responsible for anything I have said.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has there been any talk of cancelleng AFC games of Adelaide united and western Sydney wanderers scheduled in japan in the next week or so.
As far as I know, soccer Australia is frantically painting lines all over Metricon in readiness for the likely cancellation of the games in Japan now that the games are in real doubt!

This piece in the South China Morning Post:

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/dipl...-strike-group-steaming-korea-appears-no-hurry

What military strike? US war fleet still thousands of kilometres from North Korea

Strike group led by aircraft carrier Carl Vinson was last seen off Indonesia, reducing fears of an imminent US attack
PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 18 April, 2017, 1:55pm

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/dipl...-strike-group-steaming-korea-appears-no-hurry

Not even in the same ocean, doing scheduled military exercises with Australia funnily enough.

This piece in the South China Morning Post:

What military strike? US war fleet still thousands of kilometres from North Korea

Strike group led by aircraft carrier Carl Vinson was last seen off Indonesia, reducing fears of an imminent US attack
PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 18 April, 2017, 1:55pm

ABC reporting a bit more. It the usual bullshit from Donald

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-...ion-against-north-korea-turnbull-says/8451512
A "very powerful" US Navy armada which the Trump administration said was heading towards the Korean Peninsula to deter the North from carrying out a nuclear test was actually carrying out exercises with the Royal Australian Navy thousands of kilometres away in the Indian Ocean, the ABC has confirmed.

As tensions soared on the Korean Peninsula earlier this month, the US Government said the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier was being dispatched to the Sea of Japan to send a "powerful signal" to North Korea. The Vinson's strike group had been scheduled to make port visits to Australia, but on April 8 the US Pacific Fleet announced it would "sail north and report on station in the Western Pacific Ocean after departing Singapore". But instead of heading straight towards the Korean peninsula the US strike group instead conducted planned exercises with HMAS Ballarat in the Indian Ocean. Senior Australian defence sources say the US carrier group is now gradually making its way closer to North Korea.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-...ion-against-north-korea-turnbull-says/8451512

I was discussing this with my wife last night and we just wonder how much of what we read and hear about this whole "conflict" is actually real. I keep hearing about NK this and Kim Jong-un that but I have never seen actual footage of him threatening to bomb the US. I believe the parades are real but they have been doing them for decades, so nothing new there.

I was discussing this with my wife last night and we just wonder how much of what we read and hear about this whole "conflict" is actually real. I keep hearing about NK this and Kim Jong-un that but I have never seen actual footage of him threatening to bomb the US. I believe the parades are real but they have been doing them for decades, so nothing new there.

It's best to ignore the Western media on this. If South Korea starts getting worried, that's when we should be. Their butts are literally on the line.

Wow! The deepest conversation I had with the wife last night had something to do with how stupid it was to watch a ‘Big Bang Theory’ episode for the 5th time!

Stan Grant's article is worth reading. He spent lots of time there when he worked for CNN. It's about regime survival, its not about wanting to attack first.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-14/nothing-unpredictable-about-dangerous-north-korea/8444778
I have lost count of how many times this week I have heard or read analysts — and indeed government ministers — describe North Korea as "unpredictable". It is a cliche, it is simplistic and it is wrong.Nearly two decades of covering the goings-on inside the 'hermit kingdom' — both outside and inside the country — has taught me that the Kim regime is dangerous, brutal and petulant but if anything, predictable.
Victor Cha, long-time North Korea watcher, American academic and author of The Impossible State: North Korea, Past and Future, once revealed that in nuclear negotiations with the United States and other parties in 2005, a Pyongyang envoy candidly said:

"The reason you attacked Afghanistan is because they don't have nukes. And look at what happened to Libya. That is why we will never give up ours." This was a telling glimpse into the mind of a country that believes it is under siege....
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-14/nothing-unpredictable-about-dangerous-north-korea/8444778

Last edited:
North Korea comes out with this sort of chest beating regularly. The difference this time around is Donald Trump is in the White House and took the bait hook, line and sinker.

Wow! The deepest conversation I had with the wife last night had something to do with how stupid it was to watch a ‘Big Bang Theory’ episode for the 5th time!

Watching a Big Bang Theory episode for the 1st time is stupid enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back