Coach Clarkson has left the building

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly as he should have done having been white-anted. He was COACH after all, not some assistant!

I find it unfortunate that Clarkson used this level of support and trust to undermine Mitchell and the club. Honest, true-blue supporters are left angry and unsettled because Clarkson said one thing publicly and to the club and another thing to Caro. I'm most disappointed that all the talk about the club being bigger than any one individual was so much hot air.

If Clarkson wanted to go he could have said, "Let Sam take over now. It won't work." But he didn't do that. Instead he committed to making Sam a success and worked to undermine that commitment at the same time. I am stunned that he did.

I find it unfortunate that Clarkson used this level of support and trust to undermine Mitchell and the club. Honest, true-blue supporters are left angry and unsettled because Clarkson said one thing publicly and to the club and another thing to Caro. I'm most disappointed that all the talk about the club being bigger than any one individual was so much hot air.

If Clarkson wanted to go he could have said, "Let Sam take over now. It won't work." But he didn't do that. Instead he committed to making Sam a success and worked to undermine that commitment at the same time. I am stunned that he did.
Try not to confuse your opinions with facts
The faceless men who did the stabbing will be revealed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m still bemused at how many people still see Clarkson as infallible.

Not sure how you can find it becoming of his position that he’s not on speaking terms with staff that are still there or left. Also his alleged verbal outbursts.

On top of this his overruling of list management decisions that have left us in a pretty dire position list wise it’s a no brainer we as a club need to right the ship.

You’ll forgive when you’re winning flags but both parties fell out of love with each other. This much is obvious. So those jilted lovers please hurry up and get through the grieving process.

I’m still bemused at how many people still see Clarkson as infallible.

Not sure how you can find it becoming of his position that he’s not on speaking terms with staff that are still there or left. Also his alleged verbal outbursts.

On top of this his overruling of list management decisions that have left us in a pretty dire position list wise it’s a no brainer we as a club need to right the ship.

You’ll forgive when you’re winning flags but both parties fell out of love with each other. This much is obvious. So those jilted lovers please hurry up and get through the grieving process.

Issues behind the scenes have been going on for a while.

No individual is bigger than the club.

Both parties have been headed for a divorce for a while and only just hanging in.

Will always love what Clarko was part of with our club but his time was up.

Clarko deep down knew this in my opinion.

Exactly as he should have done having been white-anted. He was COACH after all, not some assistant!

Clarko was done. Mentally cooked at the Hawks . When you are fighting with your assistants and key staff you know when your time is coming to an end. You smell it a mile off.

He knew what he was doing when he asked the board to make a call now. He knew he had a year of big money guaranteed up his sleeve when forcing the board to make a call.

His manager is a gun. One of the best. He has thought this through carefully and been extremely well coached through this past 4-5 weeks .

Paywall. Got cliff notes?

They are almost certain not to have to pay the full amount of Alastair Clarkson's $900,000 payout spread over two years and might easily pay not a single dollar.

Every dollar he makes elsewhere comes off the $450,000 per season the Hawks owe him.

Not a single person in footy believes he won’t be coaching by 2023, so they won’t pay him for that season, and if he accepts a Carlton role they are off the hook for 2022 as well.

Those who would know believe there is absolutely zero chance he will be at Collingwood given Graham Wright left the Hawks to move on from Clarkson and won’t be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Not Clarkson related but that absolute steaming pile segment on the "Richmond dynasty not being over" was one of the worst things I've read. Not even giving Freo proper kudos on the come from behind win, but suggesting Richmond might be back challenging next year because of one of Freo's blokes having a best on performance?

Just when you think the HUN couldn't possibly have more tripe, it hits publish on this. Typical from Jon Ralph though.

Not Clarkson related but that absolute steaming pile segment on the "Richmond dynasty not being over" was one of the worst things I've read. Not even giving Freo proper kudos on the come from behind win, but suggesting Richmond might be back challenging next year because of one of Freo's blokes having a best on performance?

Just when you think the HUN couldn't possibly have more tripe, it hits publish on this. Typical from Jon Ralph though.
Richmond supporter, isn't he?

Ok, fine. But...

If this is true why did Clarkson need to engineer this disaster? I know I reckon it happened something similar to what's here, however, did the board need to play this game of chicken in the media? If Clarkson had said, "Look, it's not going to work so let's end it at the end of this year" would he not be eligible for getting paid out? Surely he still got his money. And even if he somehow sacrificed his remaining contract by acknowledging two head coaches don't' work, how could the board not see that a disgruntled s**t show in the media would be worse than just giving the guy $900k?

Something just doesn't add up. Maybe everyone was so over each other behind the scenes that they were all just seeing red and reasoning out a solution wasn't possible. Dunno.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back