News Collingwood Football Club is guilty of systemic racism, review finds

Remove this Banner Ad

Chief Ten Beers

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Still don't know what Eddie did wrong
He did nothing wrong. Well last I checked, poor timing or poor choice of words isn't a crime.
These days it's a hypersensitive echo chamber of mob mentality. It's always existed in society but it's just louder these days cause anyone dolt has access to the internet and a keyboard as a platform.

Most people I'd wager, outside the media and social media couldn't give a sh*t. Just like I couldn't give a sh*t if this post gets a response lol

theyellowsash

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
The CFC could've fired every single person named in the report out of a cannon and donated their combined income to Indigenous charities and the ABC would still put out an article how it just isn't enough, it will never be enough mate.
And they'd be right. Simply firing people wouldn't cause change.

Lip Gallagher

Team Captain
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I imagine that is what he meant.

However what was the aim? To try to spin it to make it a positive for the club. When it so obviously was no such thing.
Of course he was putting a positive spin on it, remember he commissioned the report, a report no other club had the balls to do, he wasn't saying he was proud of the outcome, just proud we did it so we can do something about it.

hawkman

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

But McNamara backtracked on a false claim that Maxwell had named his dog after Lumumba because it was black. The claim came as a surprise to the Maxwell family as the dog’s name is Ralph and was named by Maxwell’s wife Erin.

Sources said the 2010 premiership skipper, who works at Collingwood, is seeking legal advice on McNamara’s allegations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lip Gallagher

Team Captain
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
The contents of the report matters most, except to Eddie.
A report we didn't even have time to read and digest? Did you think he was going to have an in depth reply with a fully detailed response? He was proud we sanctioned the report, nothing more.

The report (BTW) was a steaming pile of sh*t as anyone with a functioning brain knows, WTF does Nicky Winmar have to do with Collingwood 2020? We already paid the price for that.

Gold Rocks

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
He did nothing wrong. Well last I checked, poor timing or poor choice of words isn't a crime.
These days it's a hypersensitive echo chamber of mob mentality. It's always existed in society but it's just louder these days cause anyone dolt has access to the internet and a keyboard as a platform.

Most people I'd wager, outside the media and social media couldn't give a sh*t. Just like I couldn't give a sh*t if this post gets a response lol
You spelt "I'm sh*t stirring" wrong. :)
Eddie's gone, some posters need to let it go. Was best for the club.
All you have to do is look at the ⭕TOP CONTRIBUTORS LIST COMMON THEME in the pies racism, McGuire and lumumber thread to see the Collingwood/McGuire/Buckley sad campaigner haters who have the blues plus an obsession with the club in question. They also celebrating lumumba like its a person victory to them because McGuire standing down isnt enough for them as they wont be happy until buckey driving out of town and the pies became regular wooden spooners or something like that as they will just go on and on with pointless hater quotes. Im indigenous and there's no winner in all this as lumumba and McGuire are both silly media loving individuals who the public both see as un trustworthy now. None of this is going to stop racism and the thread probably should be closed as it's just full of haters bickering and that doesn't solve/help anything about racism. There's some other big Melbourne clubs hoping this go's away for ever as other clubs have had similar situations. Wosh 🎤💧

Last edited:

Lip Gallagher

Team Captain
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm surprised no one has acussed Collingwood of making up Mark Williams nicname, we did make him captain for 4years, how many other clubs have had an indigenous captain? That was left out of the report.

Remove this Banner Ad