Collingwood seeks to tear up Queen's Birthday agreement with Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood do the right thing by another club for 20 years, yet still get shot down by other fans who will clutch at any kind of straw to fire shots.

Lovely.

Jesus get that chip off your shoulder mate. Majority of posts have been a long the lines of 'fair enough"

Collingwood do the right thing by another club for 20 years, yet still get shot down by other fans who will clutch at any kind of straw to fire shots.

Lovely.
Bullshit. Your club was happy to talk equalisation etc until you fell down the ladder now it's unfair tax, etc. Can't talk for other Dees fans but I still remember McGuires bluster and false threats about cutting off subsidies after we poached Jason Taylor to be our list manager- as if we should kowtow to our 'betters' and accept mediocrity in perpetuity

Lol at the Collingwood administration if the deal is ripped and then the AFL give the blockbuster to top 8 clubs. Why does Collingwood have a mortgage on that day?
Have it. Collingwood supporters don't give two shits about Queen's Birthday.

Jesus get that chip off your shoulder mate. Majority of posts have been a long the lines of 'fair enough"
Didn't take you long...
Bullshit. You just cant handle losing it every year.
Straight after...
Bullshit. Your club was happy to talk equalisation etc until you fell down the ladder now it's unfair tax, etc. Can't talk for other Dees fans but I still remember McGuires bluster and false threats about cutting off subsidies after we poached Jason Taylor to be our list manager- as if we should kowtow to our 'betters' and accept mediocrity in perpetuity
Before...
Eddie thinks that the Pies do! He is an arrogant flog! The tax payer has funded the Pies facilities at Olympic park! It has cost the tax payer to the tine of $60 to $70 million with having athletics Australia shifted as well!

It was him that throught that the big freeze at the G! & it has developed in to a great cause and event! Melbourne should have the right to keep the Queens birthy game & if the Pies don't like the public holiday games they can have a crappy early afternoon time slot like most of the other teams regularly get!
Lol at the Collingwood administration if the deal is ripped and then the AFL give the blockbuster to top 8 clubs. Why does Collingwood have a mortgage on that day?
**** Collingwood thinking they subsidise the rest of the comp.

Dogs, Saints, North and Blues have paid off Etihad for the rest of the comp. Getting shitty stadium deals.
Chip on my shoulder Topkent ? Your true colours came out straight after anyway.

Didn't take you long...

Straight after...

Before...

Chip on my shoulder Topkent ? Your true colours came out straight after anyway.

That's what happens when you post crap like 'we don't want it'. Never heard that when you were winning every year

Maybe, just maybe, it simply coincides with the period of when MFC became more financially placed, not the on-field W-L ratio.

Now who's got the chip?
Considering how much feeling there is in ANZAC Day, QBD is supremely 'meh' for the vast majority of Pies supporters. Always has.

Its just a great day because there is a big crowd.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...e/news-story/b3c78c1b9ed41f64d99727c3bcc28a0c

I'm not as fussed necessarily about the day itself, although I think Melbourne has very much turned QB into an event with FreezeMND. What does interest me is the optics behind this with the Pert resignation and the pressure on both Buckley and Eddie.

As an aside, Eddie also has my thanks as well as I'm sure that of many Melbourne supporters, as the cash injection from QB in the darkest days really did help keep the club afloat by all reports.

The optics: just coincidence that Perty resigns when the fixture request process is on.

Good on Collingwood for putting the AFL on notice over the equalisation payments.

**** Collingwood thinking they subsidise the rest of the comp.

Dogs, Saints, North and Blues have paid off Etihad for the rest of the comp. Getting shitty stadium deals.

Your lot have been compensated at the expense of all the clubs - hell North claim to be profitable based on subsidies from the AFL.
You are aware these subsidies have remained thru 2017 despite the AFL borrowing $millions to buy the joint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's fair enough. If it wasn't Eddie doing it now it'd be the next person in the chair. We've had a good run with it and we're better placed now than we have been in recent times financially.

Although some pies fans saying they don't give a stuff at QB clash I'm tipping a few would be quiet upset if it was changed to another side.

Eddie thinks that the Pies do! He is an arrogant flog! The tax payer has funded the Pies facilities at Olympic park! It has cost the tax payer to the tine of $60 to $70 million with having athletics Australia shifted as well!

And as pointed out to you numerous times whenever you go on these tax payer rants, state & federal government's provided large parts of the funding for the Tullamarine facilities too.

The Club has a comprehensive fundraising strategy to ensure the success of the project, which will see a large part of the funding provided by the Federal and State governments and the AFL.

http://m.essendonfc.com.au/news/2011-05-12/essendon-facility-at-melbourne-airport

As an interstate fan, I've no problem with them wanting a rotation so long as they sacrifice the extra game in Vic with it. Its an unbelievable advantage and frankly unfair to the rest of the comp, even if we've been the beneficiaries of QB during the dark old days - Collingwood gained from it too

Happy to play more interstate. Have a look at our record on the road this year. We've always travelled welll which is the irony of us getting potted for not travelling.

They can still do the big freeze for MND if it's a Pies home game.

They can do the Big Freeze if its Melb vs some other team not having a bitch.

Maybe the AFL can take ANZAC Day off them. Be serious about equalising the Draw.

Nice work by Eddie taking the focus away from thr review which said he has been in charge for too long.

Exactly. The Queen's BDay game itself is not the problem for Collingwood, but the association with FreezeMND is. How can you have a major theme of the game where the main spokesman for FreezeMND (Neale Daniher) was an ex Melbourne coach and has absolutely nothing to do with Collingwood? The Queen's BDay game can stay but the FreezeMND event should be moved to Melbourne vs Essendon match.
I agree, but the game would need to get a guaranteed prime time slot

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lovely.
I think you will find there aren't any Melbourne supporters complaining

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bullshit. You just cant handle losing it every year.

I have noticed a trend that because they give up the ticketing many Collingwood fans think they are entitled to the 4 points.

I have noticed a trend that because they give up the ticketing many Collingwood fans think they are entitled to the 4 points.

Is this trend you noticed the one you made up in your head?

Is this trend you noticed the one you made up in your head?

Plenty of posters on bigfooty started complaining about it once we started winning them. Never ever saw that when we were crap and it was a gimme for you guys.

Plenty of posters on bigfooty started complaining about it once we started winning them. Never ever saw that when we were crap and it was a gimme for you guys.

I've seen a couple of threads but rarely see many people agreeing. Personally I've not given a stuff if we have QB's for a decade.

Lovely.

I tend to agree. I think the Freeze MND thing could get more people behind it if Collingwood were given an opportunity to host it every 2 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back