List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But how can you say he out performed before playing a game, after 2 years out he will need longer than 4 months to get back to speed, if Dunn isn't in the 22 Rd 1 I can't see why you pay 300k for VFL depth.
Both will start as empty pages come NAB cup time. Whovever Outperforms in the preseason will start in round 1

Interesting thought is where do we see and hope Dunn will play. The ideal for mine is Dunn is a VFL player for us. Assume Reid, Keeffe and Witts are all fit for season 2017. The hope without being the expectation is Keeffe successfully launches his comeback. Most would assume there will not be a place for all three in the team. Reid, fit, is a given. Dunn is a nearly 30 yo who played VFL last year, has peaked as a footballer and is on the decline. Expectations for him are low. Hopes but maybe not expectations for Keeffe are higher. Keeffes hopeful ceiling is higher than Dunn so we hope he reaches that and plays AFL

So best case senario is Dunn does a great job kicking in in the VFL.

Agree?
big unknown is keeffe, it is a lot to expect him to be ready round one after a 2 year lay off[ happy to be wrong]
l would have keeffe more in marsh spot at first as l think he is better suited to the second or third talls. dunn is as a replacement for brown at fb
hopefully we can draft a kid who can take dunn's spot or keeffe's by the half way mark or even earlier in the season
personally l cannot see keeffe playing well on the likes of cloke and hawkins types. just has not got the strength. so there is a need
for dunn now. would rather brown as l think there about the same in ability so there is no real upgrade in that position.
but who knows dunn mite surprise us. hope so but with not much conviction

But how can you say he out performed before playing a game, after 2 years out he will need longer than 4 months to get back to speed, if Dunn isn't in the 22 Rd 1 I can't see why you pay 300k for VFL depth.
He was VFL depth in 2016 and is now a year older and a veteran. Not a time of career a player is likely to do anything else than get worse.

Will be interesting to see in what shape Thomas and Keeffe come back, and if they hit the track hard.
Upside - a couple of years out of AFL means their bodies will be super fresh.
Downside - it will take them a while to find the match fitness and pace of the game again, if they can. Hoping they do.
Upside - they know what it takes to play AFL, and if they have stuck out their exile this far they might just be burning with desire to grab their second chance with both hands.
Upside - they add depth to our team, which as we've seen over the past couple of years, is crucial.
Downside - The endless tirades of abuse and "I knew it"s from BF posters if they don't have solid years.

big unknown is keeffe, it is a lot to expect him to be ready round one after a 2 year lay off[ happy to be wrong]
l would have keeffe more in marsh spot at first as l think he is better suited to the second or third talls. dunn is as a replacement for brown at fb
hopefully we can draft a kid who can take dunn's spot or keeffe's by the half way mark or even earlier in the season
personally l cannot see keeffe playing well on the likes of cloke and hawkins types. just has not got the strength. so there is a need
for dunn now. would rather brown as l think there about the same in ability so there is no real upgrade in that position.
but who knows dunn mite surprise us. hope so but with not much conviction
Yes Keeffe will struggle with the Hawkins, Clokes, Jenkins, Walkers etc. So will Dunn especially seeing he is undersized compared to them already and was already losing pace, according to Melb supporters, in 2016. An undersized KPB in physical decline will be easy prey for the big KPFs.

Wouldn't Hansen be a logical choice for a swap? Can't break into the side. Can play back or forward. Anyone know much about him?
Hansen's best position is definitely defence. Played forward early days for north and struggled massively. got moved to defence in 2012/13 and found is home. His marking is his biggest strength and you'd do well to find a better intercept marker in the competition when he's up and going. However, he struggles when he's made to play as a genuine key defender against decent opposition. Seeing as though you already have Howe who's that intercepting type, I'm not sure Hansen is much of a necessity. Although, if Howe was able to tansform himself and be a genuine key defensive stopper whilst keeping his intercept game then there'd be room in your team for Hansen IMO. I think he's borderline best 22 for us ATM so a change of clubs could do him well. Injuries have plagued him the last season and a bit but he's definitely a handy player to have around if you're in need of a tall intercepting player in defence.

Hansen's best position is definitely defence. Played forward early days for north and struggled massively. got moved to defence in 2012/13 and found is home. His marking is his biggest strength and you'd do well to find a better intercept marker in the competition when he's up and going. However, he struggles when he's made to play as a genuine key defender against decent opposition. Seeing as though you already have Howe who's that intercepting type, I'm not sure Hansen is much of a necessity. Although, if Howe was able to tansform himself and be a genuine key defensive stopper whilst keeping his intercept game then there'd be room in your team for Hansen IMO. I think he's borderline best 22 for us ATM so a change of clubs could do him well. Injuries have plagued him the last season and a bit but he's definitely a handy player to have around if you're in need of a tall intercepting player in defence.
Thanks for the input. What would he be worth to you pick wise?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else thinking about pulling a sickie tomorrow?

I mean, I practically spend all day on BigFooty as it is, but it would be nice not to have it compromised by work.
Good idea, thanks for the tip .. Guy I used to work with, we called him Nostradamus cos he would always nominate when he would have a sick day & was always on the money ...

Yes Keeffe will struggle with the Hawkins, Clokes, Jenkins, Walkers etc. So will Dunn especially seeing he is undersized compared to them already and was already losing pace, according to Melb supporters, in 2016. An undersized KPB in physical decline will be easy prey for the big KPFs.
if he has footy smarts he would try to wrestle with then, he still got his strength though. l just think any one pinning there hopes
on keefffe, at the moment to walk straight in and be the go to man will be disappointed.
dunn to me is a future vfl player for us. he is not going to get any better, but at the moment we have no one better either
l hope we draft some quality kid who can do the role asap

Tyler Keitel,Brett Eddy,Jordan Kelly,Ryan Pendlebury anyone ?

Kelly. Pendlebury jost do not look like afl players good in VFL.

Brett Eddy late draft/rookie option. smart, good kick, not really quick or strong so the question is how does he when contests togged the ball at AFL level, but will kick goals when he gets it. worth a punt.

Type Keitel - possible rookie option.
Mason Shaw - another possible rookie
Would consider one the rucks as a rookie Darcy Cameron, kicked 36 gaols in wafl, but ruck forward or Rowan Marshall.

depends how the draft goes an what pick see have, but some late options.

Your second round pick 28 is overs for him but I don't think your pick 47 is quite enough. If Marley Williams was to be involved then I think something like Williams + 28 for Hansen + 33 would suit both parties.
Good god - I don't pray but think I might have a few words before bed tonight.

Facetious I know but would be a great outcome if the trade doesn't get done so we can keep Clokey in the Black and White. Bucks sees the error of his ways and Trav wins our goal kicking award again. Love that senario.

Unfortunately Trav probably wins the Dogs goalkicking.

Don't get the Trav hate. Our best forward since 2000, very hard to replace and a premiership player.
I don't get the 'Premiership Player' fetish. If anything a sign of clinging on to a long forgotten past. That was 6 yrs ago when dinosaurs roamed the earth and gorillas like him the fwd line. Doggies can have him.

Facetious I know but would be a great outcome if the trade doesn't get done so we can keep Clokey in the Black and White. Bucks sees the error of his ways and Trav wins our goal kicking award again. Love that senario.

Unfortunately Trav probably wins the Dogs goalkicking.

Don't get the Trav hate. Our best forward since 2000, very hard to replace and a premiership player.

Probably got something to do with him being overpaid, a crap kick for goal and for he and his dad bending us over to get a fifth year on a contract he no longer wants to honour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I value Hansen around the pick 40 mark due to tall players being harder to come by. What would you guys value Marley at?

A year ago I would've said 2nd rounder for Marley but after 2016 ..................maybe high 40's , low 50's.

Don't forget though..........you're also getting Jake King. :D

Belief is a big thing and I think Trav just doesn't have it anymore at Collingwood. Would be very hard for him to recover with supporters, possibly the club and coaching staff and the media constantly reminding him that he's just not performing or good enough at Collingwood. That said I think he can turn it around and play good football again at another club with a fresh start.

He'll find determination and be given support from his new club and supporter base to really prove himself so I wouldn't be surprised to see him perform well next year.

When you lose belief it's a downward spiral, very hard to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back