Opinion Commentary & Media VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Footy classified is just a terrible attempt at TV isn't it? And Caroline Wilson is probably better off taking a long walk off a short pier than attempting to be a journalist. She is the lowest of the low

That moment where they mentioned Walsh was helping the AFL with list management for the Tasmanian license and they all giggled and went "no conspiracy theories" was pretty cringe, not to mention I can't find anything that links Walsh to Tasmania to begin with. There's a very good chance they just made that up or ran with an error because integrity is a four letter word.

JHF is a distraction?

The media has created this s**t.

If I was AFL CEO I’ll be pushing for greater standards in media certification.

That moment where they mentioned Walsh was helping the AFL with list management for the Tasmanian license and they all giggled and went "no conspiracy theories" was pretty cringe, not to mention I can't find anything that links Walsh to Tasmania to begin with. There's a very good chance they just made that up or ran with an error because integrity is a four letter word.
Thought the same.

Watching Eddie's eyes light up twice at the tassie link is pretty sickening. An individual that has an axe to grind, got called out on it and has turned into one of those that wants it to happen so they can say "i told you so"

You'd think after all the controversy he's faced recently he'd be trying for some sort of redemption arc. Instead he's just gone all in on the low hanging fruit and loving every minute of it.

AFL media in a nutshell these days.

JHF is a distraction?

The media has created this s**t.

If I was AFL CEO I’ll be pushing for greater standards in media certification.
Incorrect if you were AFL CEO you'd be happily and tacitly encouraging this type of nonsense - because that's exactly what they are doing.

Honestly think the best thing the AFL could do is get a genuine, competent media partner that has a stake in the game to run an independent high access and high quality media division without interference from head office. They can't be trusted and for a sport that has 2 long term projects already on the books draining $ they are laughably short term in thinking with this and other issues.

The worst thing is the sfellowing, snide contempt they clearly have for the NMFC.

Let's compare some pairs.

RFC. Absolute laughing stock during my adulthood - apart from very recent times under a former NMFC Under 19's player - no end.

Between 1983 and 2012, the campaigners made the finals 3 times - yep 3 times! - over 30 long and gruelling seasons. NMFC made the finals 16 times over that period.

Now for the filth. Since I've been breathing, the NMFC has won twice as many premierships, has won more brownlow medals and more Coleman medals than the CFC - despite all the advantages of having half the Eastern seaboard following it and having a former President who' s been favourably compared (by himself) to Abraham Lincoln.

Let's not talk about the giant contributions made by the clubs the other bloke has coached.

There’s only room for one “Walsh” in Tasmania & it ain’t Geoff! The Filth Wizard and this one has bucket loads! 🤣

Attachments

• BF696322-4643-4920-BE97-403662AF0829.jpeg
    BF696322-4643-4920-BE97-403662AF0829.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 58
We Shinboners can get heated with each other as we are passionate about our club and want it to succeed but we look out for each other.

I was in Mordi at a bar on the weekend and I met a young fella who was wearing a hoodie with a Souvalarkey picture on it. We spent about 30 minutes talking about our club while our friends kept trying to pull us away. But the bonds of North kept us chatting away.

Being a North person is just like family.
You can pick your friends!

Whats more bizarre is the choice to insert the Jack Watts "advice" as a single throwaway line, simply to further the negativity of the piece.

Yet ignore the quotes of 5 or 6 ex-players who have told the media to * off and leave him alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s interesting that Jabba, Ed, Caro, Lyon and Lloyd have virtually no SM presence where people can question them as much as a flog Cornes is at least up for a chat

In other news from Hutchy-land, in the 10 months since old mate bought the Perth Wildcats they have:

1. Missed finals for the first time since 1986
2. Sacked the CEO
3. Had two other senior staffers resign (financial controller and commercial GM)
4. and now the coach has quit

Never thought I'd say this, but perhaps he should stick to media.

In other news from Hutchy-land, in the 10 months since old mate bought the Perth Wildcats they have:

2. Sacked the CEO
3. Had two other senior staffers resign (financial controller and commercial GM)

Probably hasn’t paid super either

2. Sacked the CEO

I don’t follow basketball at all. However, the one thing that even I pick up in despatches is that the Perth Wildcats always seem to be thereabouts.

How does one * that up?

I don’t follow basketball at all. However, the one thing that even I pick up in despatches is that the Perth Wildcats always seem to be thereabouts.

How does one * that up?
When Jabba the Hutch eats all the food in the breakfast bar each morning, the morale in the place can really drop.

2. Sacked the CEO

He’d drive a Ferrari into a tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back