Past Tom Mitchell - AFL MVP, Dual AA Rover, B&F Winner, 2018 Brownlow Medallist - traded for pick 14 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
12-Oct-2016 Update:

Hawthorn and Sydney have reached an in principle agreement for the Swans to receive pick 14 in exchange for Tom Mitchell with a swap of later picks to be finalised next week:

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2016-10-12/tom-mitchell-joins-the-hawks

10-Oct-2016 Update:

Tom Mitchell has informed the club that he would like to seek a trade, nominating Hawthorn as his preferred club:

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2016-10-10/mitchell-requests-a-trade

---------------------------------

Now that the season has ended it is time to turn our attention to the question that has been on everyone's minds all season. Andrew Wu is reporting that Tom Mitchell will advise the club in the next week or two whether he will stay or go to Hawthorn. Based on Luke Parker's comments today, it seems that the playing group wants him to stay.

Mitchell may yet stay. The club wants him and he wants to stay, but the financial gap may be too wide to overcome. That said those close to Mitchell have been talking about next year as if he will still be there but history shows players who wait this long to re-sign generally don't.

Andrew Wu article

"I hope he stays, I'm sure him and the club will sort it out in the next few weeks," Parker said at the Swans' Mad Monday celebrations.

'He has been a massive contributor, a big reason why we're so successful this year.

"With all those young blokes coming through, playing their role and really taking their game to another level.

"We've seen Tommy just getting better every year."

"I hope he stays": Parker

Now that the season has ended it is time to turn our attention to the question that has been on everyone's minds all season. Andrew Wu is reporting that Tom Mitchell will advise the club in the next week or two whether he will stay or go to Hawthorn. Based on Luke Parker's comments today, it seems that the playing group wants him to stay.

Andrew Wu article

"I hope he stays": Parker
Meh, what else is he going to say - "I hope he buggers off as quickly as possible, can't stand the little sh*t of a traitor"?

Meh, what else is he going to say - "I hope he buggers off as quickly as possible, can't stand the little sh*t of a traitor"?

Touché, just thought it would be good to keep all Mitchell-related news in one place

It gives us a small amount of cap to go improve list balance, opens up the 22 for Jones, Heeney,Hewett, Mills, Rose and Leonardis moving forward. And maybe makes it easier to keep those we want moving forward.

Godspeed to ballsy list management. Selling high at least.

No problem with that at all. It's just that I take these types of public statements with a grain of salt.

Pretty sure most of us do.

The more pertinent question is, will Tedeski be able to respond to opposition posters in less than half a page of text? ;)

The more pertinent question is, will Tedeski be able to respond to opposition posters in less than half a page of text? ;)

I always feel Tedeski writes his posts standing on the desk like dead poets society

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curious outsider here: what would you expect to get for Mitchell if he goes to the Hawks as speculated?

I thought his finals series including GF was excellent.

Expect to get ripped off

Curious outsider here: what would you expect to get for Mitchell if he goes to the Hawks as speculated?

I thought his finals series including GF was excellent.

What i would like: Their first and Burton

What we will probably get: First and a later round upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back