Autopsy The sinners go down by 14 pts to the Halo polishers

Remove this Banner Ad

Kind of over the narrative of Butler delivering the perfect tackle.

I’ll preface this that I don’t want him or any other player to get suspended for a tackle like that however……

I’ve made that exact tackle numerous times over 40 years of footy and got awarded a free kick nearly every time but not once has the players head hit the ground. Butler uses the momentum to drive the tackle down hard. It’s not required regardless of the pace. His technique was by no means perfect.

Hope he gets cleared at the tribunal but stop the rot about perfect tackle.

Absolutely a legend. Never saw bobby skilton play but can imagine they were similar
First and second rover in the Swans team of the century. Captain and Vice Captain. Speaks Volumes. My Dad seen Skiltons whole career and once said to me Kelly without the skill of Skilton was Skilton reincarnated. When it come to Courage and sheer will to win they have no peer in this sport.

Kind of over the narrative of Butler delivering the perfect tackle.

I’ll preface this that I don’t want him or any other player to get suspended for a tackle like that however……

I’ve made that exact tackle numerous times over 40 years of footy and got awarded a free kick nearly every time but not once has the players head hit the ground. Butler uses the momentum to drive the tackle down hard. It’s not required regardless of the pace. His technique was by no means perfect.

Hope he gets cleared at the tribunal but stop the rot about perfect tackle.
Spot on should not be rubbed out but perfect tackle is sheer folly.

That's enough analysis, where's my beer?

Seriously, we need to start thinking pre-season in-season now. Give a few end of contract kids a go to see if they have something. If not, cut hard and cut deep.

It feels like everyone involved is resting on their laurels at the moment, we need to get ruthless for the rest of this season and even more so in the off-season

Played on a half broken Cripps, sung him praise but I wasn't buying it and a 3/4 fit Steele pantsed him

By steele having a few more uncontested possessions than him? They pretty much had similar stats in everything else. You're also comparing a seasoned mid to a guy who has rarely played midfield. Ignore the good performance but accept the bad? Our mids actually won the clearances & we won the contested possession count with heeney in the midfield.

The consensus is Heeney had a poor game yet nearly matched Steele in everything apart from UP.

I think we should reserve judgment until he's had a few more games in the mids...

FWIW my granddad has been consistent for my entire life that Bob Skilton was the best he'd ever seen play the game. And he's a West Coast supporter. He reckons he must've seen Skilton play north of 80 times, so I'm backing him in.

Read that was Skilton taking on North Melbourne 80 times at first

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Buller and Joel Amartey in the forward line. Hickey and McLean rucking. May as well take a peak into the future. Not like we are making finals.

At VFL and WAFL level, Buller seems to accumulate a good number of possessions and makes some tackles. There was a great moment yesterday where he nudged his opponent off the ball, allowing Morrison to sweep through and kick an uncontested goal. For a big man, he has a good work rate when he's not clunking marks and kicking goals. If he can reproduce this at AFL level, we might have snagged ourselves a midseason gem.

At VFL and WAFL level, Buller seems to accumulate a good number of possessions and makes some tackles. There was a great moment yesterday where he nudged his opponent off the ball, allowing Morrison to sweep through and kick an uncontested goal. For a big man, he has a good work rate when he's not clunking marks and kicking goals. If he can reproduce this at AFL level, we might have snagged ourselves a midseason gem.
Stop it, you are getting me excited 😬

Tuned in to Port playing the Bulldogs on Friday night. I was struck by the difference, Port's free flowing style, skilled and direct, breaking the lines, running for 4 quarters. Coach Hinkley calm and measured, hanging out on the sideline.

At season end, an in-house brutally honest review, top to bottom, for us.

But at this stage of the season, no point in throwing the toys out of the cot.

Tuned in to Port playing the Bulldogs on Friday night. I was struck by the difference, Port's free flowing style, skilled and direct, breaking the lines, running for 4 quarters. Coach Hinkley calm and measured, hanging out on the sideline.

At season end, an in-house brutally honest review, top to bottom, for us.

But at this stage of the season, no point in throwing the toys out of the cot.
We can play like that too. Only problem is our skill level and fitness has really dropped off.....

He also laid a great tackle near the wing late into the game which allowed us to lock the ball into our front half

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back