Autopsy Devastating loss to the Giants by 1

Remove this Banner Ad

We stink.

Imagine leaving Toby Greene all on his own at a forward 50 stoppage with 50 seconds left.

Positives.... Ladhams was phenomenal. That's it.

Did they even miss a set-shot on goal? They didn't ******* miss all game.

Ladlams was terrific so was Parker and Campbell, holy s**t Franklin tried all day so did Rowbottom

I dont think they missed a set shot in a cruel twist of fate Toby snap just scrapes over the line against Mills was it?

Desire looked the issue for most of the game, and kicked us in the arse in the end. Couldn’t muster enough, it want it badly enough to hang on.

Gotta question our fitness….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually not devastated, just confirmed we aren't that good unfortunately.
I overrated the team

Ladhams was good, ditto buddy,. Campbell looked ok

Sheldrick - why bother picking him, give them a chance

Parker is overrated and i know ill cop it for being seen to bash him as his stats look great, but its always some elses problem, he makes the others around him struggle. Also when the game is to be one, he dives on it, misses tackles etc, but happy to yell at everyone else.

Blakey has so much talent, but stephens cops it as a top pick, Blakey is a top 10 pick. whats he actually done consistently. kinda soft

Heeney is playing some odd workhorse position

Even Mills,my favourite out there is missing,

Warner just sees the goals,. nothing else.

Mcdonald was a highlight

This season is over and that's a fail- no excuses imo

The effort to start was. *en attrocious

The team is broken at the moment. Things fall apart far too easily. IMO it's clearly the result of the GF. We absolutely don't lose that game in 2022.

Our two main issues: lack of smarts and lack of a handball game.

Lost count of how many times today someone won the ball out of the stoppage literally ignored the free option and instead chose to just bang it away, or worse, run back into traffic, rather than simply dishing it off. I honestly feel like it's a bit too much ego, a bit too much "I've got this boys" rather than working together. Players just have to be smarter than that. Have the vision and awareness to find the free Swan.

Which rolls into... our lack of handball game. We just aren't very good at run and carry by hands. Our players don't seem to know how to set up for that next handball. It's always to someone under pressure, or they just struggle to get the handball out from the tackle altogether. You watch Collingwood or Melbourne when they run and carry by hand, they run in waves, it's like a surge where each player wants to be the next one in the chain. Ours lack that flow. I said this a lot last year and it's clearly not been improved.

Ladhams and Lloyd were absolutely brilliant. Behemoth games from both of them.

Heeney, Hayward and Buddy with their horrific missed shots... ya'll can wear that one.

How did we lose that unbelievable

Last edited:
Ladhams best game for us, well done

T.Mac will be better for the run

McDonald fantastic

Entire team feels like they are only playing at 80% and it shows. Pressure down, coverage down, confidence down, kicking down, tackles getting broken so easily. It is like they all get kicked in the back of the leg before the game. Not sure how we fix it honestly

4 goals up in the final quarter & choke - twice in the last month.

That’s part mentality, but also attributable to lousy tactics from the coach.

Stopping all positive run and carry & effectively trying to sit on a lead with half a quarter to play is diabolical.

Picking a pure inside mid & then parking them in the forward pocket is just so disappointing.

I’m so close to going all Port & starting a sack Horse thread.

But I’ll have a Bex and a good lie down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back