Autopsy Another bad loss. Sydney 13.8.86 def. by Fremantle 16.7.103

Remove this Banner Ad

Wolfie, what you suggest I'm suggesting isn't quite what I suggested. I don't think we need to scrap our rebuild at all, but given we are f-all chance to make much impact this year it opens the door to opportunities we wouldn't have if, say, a top four finish was beckoning. Not all journeys follow a straight line.

Bedders suggestion of a more thorough review is a good one, in my view. Checking the map if you like. We have the time to pause and review some areas, akin to some guys having to stop for fuel on a road trip and so we might as well check the tyres, the oil, grab some snacks, and make sure the bikes, canoes, beers and the wives are still tied to the roof racks properly. I listed some caveats in my subsequent post that we should take care not to lose our gains, they may be more in line with your thinking. In any case, we're free to experiment more, even perhaps compelled to as we attempt to rob Peter to pay Paul or shuffle the deckchairs on the Titanic.

I'd very much like to see a review of whether we can manage injuries and fitness better. Clearly Geelong are the masters of bringing their ageing veterans to their peak when it really matters. Of course they have greater depth in experience in their list, allowing them to manage playing time better. We seem to have reached a tipping point where our lack of available depth is no longer allowing us to rest niggles or give a player time to work on a block of fitness. Like the German army towards the end of the war in Europe, as soon as our troops can walk we have no choice but to send them straight back to the frontline.

As an aside, I once met an old German guy who lived in Tasmania. Willie had been drafted onto the Western front as a motor cycle courier while still really a kid. He was scared shitless and with almost no training, he got lost, blundered into Allied forces put up his hands and was held in the UK as a POW until 1948, four years after the war in Europe had ended.
A review that doesn't need to be made public

Under what capacity? Longmire still has a few years to go.

I have no facts -just what was stated on the rumour board. I was asking if anyone could support it..not stating it was true.

Hope that rights the boat?

Rumour board god help us , it's not happening
I knew you’d question the source.

Normally I would, but it came into discussion out of the blue, no one challenged it, so I wondered if there was something in it.

I have no knowledge of the current coaching arrangements…..and he is ‘available’.

I flew the kite, it got shot down. I’ll live. 😆

I knew you’d question the source.

Normally I would, but it came into discussion out of the blue, no one challenged it, so I wondered if there was something in it.

I have no knowledge of the current coaching arrangements…..and he is ‘available’.

I flew the kite, it got shot down. I’ll live. 😆

The best part of bigfooty is trying to get a rumour repeated by 'the media'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back