Autopsy Another bad loss. Sydney 13.8.86 def. by Fremantle 16.7.103

Remove this Banner Ad

This looms as a massive week for John and heeney.

With logan out and no obvious replacement, buddy struggling beyond words. Horse and co need to come up with a plan to completely change up the forward line this week in an absolute must win game against inferior opposition. The other part of the equation is heeney.

Your the superstar player, on the huge deal, face of the club. He must be able to capitalise and put the club on his back this week and the coaches need to set him up with a gameplan for him to get to work. Become the match winner you were promised to be and earn your keep this week.

Ps. John better not go with the lazy decision and bring in ladhams to play alongside Hickey. The coaches need to get creative this week

The s**t thing about this autopsy.
Few posters on here acknowledge how well Freo played.
They would have beaten the majority of the teams in the comp with a pressure rating of 226.
Plus the development of continuity of two massive men.
I actually thought it was a pretty entertaining game. I thought both teams played with endeavour. Not always the most skilled, but I imagine for a neutral it wasn’t too bad to watch (besides the umpiring ruining the flow for both teams despite both teams largely trying to play fairly).

They would have beaten the majority of the teams in the comp with a pressure rating of 226.
What a lot of crap is a pressure rating and how and who decides

I find it is both the umpires and commentators that make the game so poor to watch. I watch most games on mute, get tempted and turn the sound on when something exciting / unclear happens, then regret my decision every time.
Afl cheerleaders/commentators.

I actually wish they could just provide an option for crowd noise, no commentary.

It is getting worse.

Champion Data's pressure factor stat, which is used by clubs as a key indicator of performance, measures the pressure points accrued by a team through acts like chasing, corralling and tackling for every 100 chances they have to apply pressure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My take:

1. It’s sometimes easy to forget just how many players we have out, particularly when you include injuries during the game today. We were missing our three best defenders, our leading ruck for the year (and our ruck playing today was well underdone), our best mid, and two key position forwards (arguably our best two).

2. As a result, almost everyone is out of position and every combination is unsettled. As horse also noted, we have people carrying injuries who would normally be resting. There’s a lot of talk of dumb and selfish footy (and I don’t disagree, there has been a bit) but it is very hard to play smart team-based footy when everyone around you is a new combination or out of position.

3. We are seriously lacking leadership. That has been the biggest impact of the trade ban. We have ended up with players too old and players too young. As a result, everyone is trying to do too much.

I love that despite these setbacks the team and coaches are doing everything they can to be as competitive for each game each week. I do wonder though if now is the time to accept that this will not be our year and to rest the guys who are carrying injuries. We might have a few more blow outs, but at least our players will get right and be ready for next year.

We may still have huge challenges next year though, if both McCartins are out. That’s our two best defenders gone. That alone will be hard enough to come back from.

I fully agree with 1 and 2
the problems started when we lost a bunch of talls at the same time to add to our already injured talls.
We don't have the depth we would like and the Find and Fill replacements taken from other positions have failed with structures and cohesion breaking down accordingly

The injury toll is just too much. Firstly, Tom Mac goes down before the game. Then, Logan Mạc goes down during the game. Callum Mills goes down. Hayden Mạc plays on with an injury.

We are the walking wounded. You can put injuries like these down to being underdone. When players started cramping up a few weeks ago I was really worried this would happen. The fitter your squad is the less chance of soft tissue injury.

Now we need to play anyone who is fit and looks a bit of a chance. Ladhams might be right as he only had shoulder soreness. Hall-Khan has been playing well as has Sheldrick.

Chuck Sheldrick in at the deep end. What is there to lose. The season is gone we might as well find out what the kid has got. In junior footy he had one huge talent, he was a midfield beast. Let him loose and see what happens. He can't do any worse than the blokes in the atm.

Leave the backs as they are. Unless Tommy comes up leave them to settle. An unsettled backline is a disaster and that is the problem. We have had no consistency down there all season. A unit cannot perform properly if it is in constant flux.

The forward line is another worry. Other than Logan & Wil, nobody in that unit is at their best and Bud looks spent. Heeney & Paps have been ordinary. Both seem to be carrying injuries.

Hickey was absolutely murdered in the ruck on the weekend. I think if Ladhams is fit, stick Hickey forward and play him as a second ruck/forward. If he is not right then bring in Big Mac and get him to play that role. He is 210cm and a pretty nifty tap ruck. Plud he has proven he can take a grab.

We might even lose to North the way we are playing but at least if we play a few young players we are blooding the future.

I think Bud should be sub but due to a lack of fit players that will not happen

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The injury toll is just too much. Firstly, Tom Mac goes down before the game. Then, Logan Mạc goes down during the game. Callum Mills goes down. Hayden Mạc plays on with an injury.

We are the walking wounded. You can put injuries like these down to being underdone. When players started cramping up a few weeks ago I was really worried this would happen. The fitter your squad is the less chance of soft tissue injury.

Now we need to play anyone who is fit and looks a bit of a chance. Ladhams might be right as he only had shoulder soreness. Hall-Khan has been playing well as has Sheldrick.

Chuck Sheldrick in at the deep end. What is there to lose. The season is gone we might as well find out what the kid has got. In junior footy he had one huge talent, he was a midfield beast. Let him loose and see what happens. He can't do any worse than the blokes in the atm.

Leave the backs as they are. Unless Tommy comes up leave them to settle. An unsettled backline is a disaster and that is the problem. We have had no consistency down there all season. A unit cannot perform properly if it is in constant flux.

The forward line is another worry. Other than Logan & Wil, nobody in that unit is at their best and Bud looks spent. Heeney & Paps have been ordinary. Both seem to be carrying injuries.

Hickey was absolutely murdered in the ruck on the weekend. I think if Ladhams is fit, stick Hickey forward and play him as a second ruck/forward. If he is not right then bring in Big Mac and get him to play that role. He is 210cm and a pretty nifty tap ruck. Plud he has proven he can take a grab.

We might even lose to North the way we are playing but at least if we play a few young players we are blooding the future.

I think Bud should be sub but due to a lack of fit players that will not happen

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We just finished round 9 not round 19 how on earth are we going to make it through the season if everyone is carrying injuries.

We risk completely running players into the ground which not just effect 2023 but 2024 onwards.

Thats for their autopsy thread

We just finished round 9 not round 19 how on earth are we going to make it through the season if everyone is carrying injuries.

We risk completely running players into the ground which not just effect 2023 but 2024 onwards.
I think we need to face facts, we here, the true supporters, need to sacrifice and lace on the boots so the team is ready for 2024! I'll be FF

I think we need to face facts, we here, the true supporters, need to sacrifice and lace on the boots so the team is ready for 2024! I'll be FF
I'll probably be shoved to the back pocket, much like primary school. Unfortunately overseas atm, won't return until the bye (story of our year).

Darcy got the 10 votes , Gulden got 5

Dar y killed us, but I saw no stupid mistakes or lack of effort from Hickey.

Sure, he was cooked by 1/2 time…but he got thru and will have back up next week….I hope.

I know the oppo is weak but its a great opportunity to run both ruckman into form…..and re-jig the fwd line.

Backline will just have to get used to each other- it wont be every game that Lloyd and Blakey get pantsed.

ATM its not a side that will play finals..too many ’soft spots’….but it’s not the Hindenburg either.

Sure, he was cooked by 1/2 time…but he got thru and will have back up next week….I hope.

I know the oppo is weak but its a great opportunity to run both ruckman into form…..and re-jig the fwd line.

Backline will just have to get used to each other- it wont be every game that Lloyd and Blakey get pantsed.

ATM its not a side that will play finals..too many ’soft spots’….but it’s not the Hindenburg either.
No but unless some individuals improve markedly and we get some key position depth it well could be
The Titanic.

Let’s stay positive by all means but rose coloured glasses should have been sent back to Spec Savers some time ago.

Think we are in Sully more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back