Autopsy Swans beat Suns by 49 on the Gold Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow i actually thought that was Warner messiest game goes to show how well he is going i guess

yeah, that was pretty much what i was thinking during the game but he always seems to be involved, and when it works he's all class ...

there's a lot of media "wow" about warner and gulden, but it still comes across like they're regarded as a bit of a novelty factor (i have to think because they're at sydney)
i think most of the media has yet to accept they're both genuine elite players ... now, not "in the future"

Guess:
Horse Dew
Chad 5 5
Dane 4 4 easy
Dylan 3 0
Witts 0 3
Errol 2 2
Will 1 0
Callum 0 1
Whaddya reckon?
I can't see how it could have been otherwise, unless Dylan and Witts were reversed... but I think you are spot on, tbh.
A bit surprised to see Chad get 10. He had plenty of the pill, but efficiency wasn’t great (but perhaps reasonable given the slippery ball)

Very surprised to see Hayward get a vote. He butchered a few too many shots at goal in my humble view.

Personally, I think Dylan was robbed.
Hayward's overall game was very, very good. He missed that set shot, but otherwise played his role extremely well. And he certainly wasn't alone, we scored 14 behinds. It was slippery and difficult... hence almost half our scoring shots were behinds.

Dylan had a great game, but I didn't think he played better than Chad. He and Rampe could have been a toss up, but then I guess it depends on what their instructions were... did they play the role they were asked to, and to what degree? Rampe was certainly very, very good... and deserved to be in the votes imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was expecting chad to slow down a little this year as clubs try to shut him down. Didn't appear that way on the weekend.

Everyone notices his burst play which is extremely impressive, but for me his most underare skill is how quickly he can move so close to the ground. His balance reminds me of gaj. He has this incredible ability to get lower than anyone else, pivot and burst like nothing I have ever seen before. His goal from centre clearance last year against North was incredible. Simpkin on his hammer, he was able to get low ; gather the ball and put distance on simkin halfway to the ground.

His explosiveness is the best I've seen since judd

I can't see how it could have been otherwise, unless Dylan and Witts were reversed... but I think you are spot on, tbh.

Hayward's overall game was very, very good. He missed that set shot, but otherwise played his role extremely well. And he certainly wasn't alone, we scored 14 behinds. It was slippery and difficult... hence almost half our scoring shots were behinds.

Dylan had a great game, but I didn't think he played better than Chad. He and Rampe could have been a toss up, but then I guess it depends on what their instructions were... did they play the role they were asked to, and to what degree? Rampe was certainly very, very good... and deserved to be in the votes imo.
You can't really call that a set shot

A bit concerned about Mills's hand. He had difficulty getting the glove on in the rooms because of the pain, and after he kicked a goal it was conspicuous that he high-fived with his other hand only.
He is playing well one-handed but that can't continue if he has to tackle, etc.

Wasn't sure if his hand was injured or if it was a fashion choice. He did look uncomfortable with it.

going for the ball?
I know we all see things through our red and white glasses BUT Buddy ran past the ball, lifted his shoulder high enough so it would hit Collins. It was completely unwarranted. He's very lucky Collins didn't get concussed or it would have been two.
He has been doing these things for a number of years and getting away with it. Not this time.

I know we all see things through our red and white glasses BUT Buddy ran past the ball, lifted his shoulder high enough so it would hit Collins. It was completely unwarranted. He's very lucky Collins didn't get concussed or it would have been two.
He has been doing these things for a number of years and getting away with it. Not this time.

i saw a player go for the ball then raise his arms to offer a young suns opponent something from the kiosk on that side of the ground. not sure what you saw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back