Toast Congrats Andy Otten on 100 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoroughly deserves to play 100 games of AFL footy. It's such a shame that he was cut down by injuries considering how damn good he was when he started.

I actually don't mind our management of Otten (last week's strange selection aside). He's been kept on as a depth option and pulled out when we've needed him. He's very reliable to fill a gap in the list and plays his heart out every chance he gets.

Well done Andy :thumbsu:
Look at it this way.

Port have four or five main players out and guys like Karl Aamon, Aiden Johnson , Neade and Dom Barry are playing.

We have more best 22 players out and quality depth like CEY and Otten are playing with Hampton still in the twos.

Over 22 games it is not your best 22 that determines your ladder position, but the quality of those between 20 and 30.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Seems like a great bloke congrats to him well deserved. I think everyone has covered his career the stellar 2009 season, that mark and the knee injuries. My favourite moment of his through is when he took a one handed mark against Geelong in 2013 a upset win against them playing forward. They show Danger and Tex in the stands both injuried looking so happy for him. Still reckon he shouldn’t have played in the Granny but oh well. It wasn’t his fault we lost. Congrats again Otto.

Last edited:
Well done Andy, Great reward for perseverance

A very popular member of the playing group and I expect the team to rise for home and out on a great performance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 words for Otten:
1. Perseverance (through tough times)
2. Ability (to get the most out of himself, with the body and injuries he's been handed over the years)

Without the injuries, we might right now be saying "Gee, that Doedee kid's alright, seems to play like Otto!"
Great club man to have, both for team morale and as current handy backup if the team needs him.
Otto, you are a living legend mate! Hope you have a blast on the 100th!

Well deserved Andy. It's such a shame about the knees as you were looking like being a star big bodied midfielder.
You still have a great football brain and read the play so well but no speed anymore.

Loved Andy when he first came onto the scene and had very high hopes that he could go on to be anything, just a supremely gifted young footballer he was.
Alas the knees have cruelled his movement, but thankfully they haven’t cruelled his footy smarts.

Congratulations Andy on your 100th and for the resilience you have shown in getting here, you should be proud that you never gave up.

What a journey. An absolute gun junior and looked like he was set to be a star of the comp in his first year.

A rocky road alright and kudos to Andy for getting to 100, and for the club sticking fat with the guy. It's a great story of resilience and perseverance.

Great club man and enormously popular amongst the playing group.

Everything has been summed up beautifully!

I have to say that this is one of my favorite milestone games simply due to resilience and perseverance to that Otten has shown!

He hasn’t taken this long to get his century because he is a battler in terms of football talent. On the contrary! He has always been a very talented player with a very impressive footy IQ. Pre his first knee injury, Otten was one of the biggest young up and coming stars in the competition. A prototype for a modern day midfielder and a genuine utility who has played just about in any position on the field.

I hope he can sneak forward and kick a goals so that the place erupts tomorrow night!

All the best Otto! Can’t imagine anyone as deserving of this milestone! Enjoy and make the most of it!

I had this discussion when he was picked last week. It was never anything against Otten himself, he's good enough to play AFL, just that the mix was off.

He's done a hell of a job reaching 100 games after all his knee issues. And I'm sure there would have been a more than a few players to pack it in, or seek their fortunes elsewhere after being relegated to the SANFL for a couple of years. He's deserved to get his name on a locker down at West Lakes, well done to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back