List Mgmt. Contract Negotations & Lachie Neale - It's Official! 3 year deal!

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing that has amazed me has been the publicity this has got while you hardly hear anything about Gaff being out of contract.....

Remember when the eagles sycophants in the media spent all year telling us Pav was leaving only for Judd to blindside them at the end of the season and break their little hearts?

Good times, good times.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...k=6c1fad55f01bc08fa6289b913a6765b5-1466781824

FREMANTLE has secured a vital piece of its future, with in-demand midfielder Lachie Neale inking a three-year deal.

After much speculation on his future and a potential move interstate, Neale has opted to stay put at the Dockers until at least the end of 2019.

It is understood the contract was finalised on Friday afternoon, ahead of Fremantle’s clash with Collingwood at the MCG.

Several rival clubs were interested in securing 23-year-old’s signature, but discussions with his management — Stride Sports Management — only went ahead with the Dockers.

A big reason behind Neale’s decision was the talent coming through the ranks, providing a good picture of the future under coach Ross Lyon.

Emerging midfielders Lachie Weller and Connor Blakely have both earned Rising Star nominations this season, while first-year duo Darcy Tucker and Sam Collins have impressed since getting a taste of senior football.

I wonder if this will be confirmed in the coming days. Anyone know of the journo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I guess that salvages a fairly ordinary weekend. :)

Who do we aim to sign up next?

Mayne if we have any smarts, closely followed by Langdon and then seriously I don't think anyone would care. Fyfe extension would be nice as well.

Sorry, also need to add Michael Barlow to the re-sign list and then the rest can take a run.

I wonder if this will be confirmed in the coming days. Anyone know of the journo?

That journo is one of two who have spoken to and directly quoted Tim and Stride in articles. Shows he does his research. I'd bank on it. I'd expect formal confirmation from the club soon

Last edited:
Time to give up on SPS now. No chance he'll go past pick 3.
I expect us to have pick #3 in the draft, so you are right and I agree.

Suns play both Brisbane and Essendon on the way home. The lions and bombers both play each other too.

We play them at home, they could beat us too but it isn't required for them to jump us

Last edited:
I expect us to have pick #3 in the draft, so you are right and I agree.

Suns play both Brisbane and Essendon on the way home. The lions and bombers both play each other too.

We play them at home, they could beat us too but it isn't required for them to jump us

Fingers crossed Brisbane don't get a priority pick. There's still a few question marks over SPS but if you get pick 2 and 3 you'd take the risk.

For me he looks a class above everyone else. Looks like a raw two footed high possession Cyril for me with massive upside. I haven't looked too deeply into the draft but right now I only want SPS and I'll be sooking harder than Brad Scott at press conference if we don't get him.

Hopefully you're right and we get pick 3.

Fingers crossed Brisbane don't get a priority pick. There's still a few question marks over SPS but if you get pick 2 and 3 you'd take the risk.

For me he looks a class above everyone else. Looks like a raw two footed high possession Cyril for me with massive upside. I haven't looked too deeply into the draft but right now I only want SPS and I'll be sooking harder than Brad Scott at press conference if we don't get him.

Hopefully you're right and we get pick 3.
I thought the biggest knock is that he isn't a high possession winner?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back