List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Man some real delusion regarding BBW trade value. No club is giving up a first round pick for him..

He's a massive Geelong fan. Can't see him leaving the club he grew up supporting, looked stoked when his name got called.

Don't think that's right. Pretty sure he was a fan of the dogs.

Yeah there is nobody with multiple first rounders atm who is likely to have a top 6 pick, we need Freo or GC the most likely teams to stuff up though. I doubt it.
Alternative is looking for players or F1 picks, which I cant see unless some elite WA talent asks to come home, unlikely

Lots of water to go under bridge though. You can bet there will be some surprise player trades resulting in some teams with multiple picks.

May even be scenarios where eagles get involved in multi team trades to facilitates a good outcome.

Man some real delusion regarding BBW trade value. No club is giving up a first round pick for him..
Maybe not, but Chol got a 2nd rounder and he wasnt even in GCs best 22, surely BW could fetch a little more than that. Early second round at the least
Lots of water to go under bridge though. You can bet there will be some surprise player trades resulting in some teams with multiple picks.

May even be scenarios where eagles get involved in multi team trades to facilitates a good outcome.
Yeah for sure, too early to tell

The worst thing that can happen is losing Mcgovern and Barrass at the same time. It would be scary to think how vulnerable we'll be if Barrass is medically retired and Mcgovern cant go around no more.
Yeah, but according to the Gettables guys, we should be trading Barrass for a pick between 15 and 20 :rolleyes:

Yeah, but according to the Gettables guys, we should be trading Barrass for a pick between 15 and 20 :rolleyes:

Whoever coughs that up is buying a 29 year old KPP with a cooked back. I'm not sure how much more we could get for TB. The bigger head scratcher is how he's somehow lost value from "two firsts" to pick 15-20 in one off season.

Not that it became much of a difference but in 2022, Norths concessions were a F2 and F3 pick tied to their 2023 ladder position. Both picks had to be traded in 2022 and at least one had to be for a player

They were also given two additional rookie list spots

If we asked go for and received something similar at the end of this year I think that would be reasonable
Think someone in the afl said they shouldn't have said the picks were to be used on players after the trade period as it devalued the picks .

Gave norf less bargaining power .

Whoever coughs that up is buying a 29 year old KPP with a cooked back. I'm not sure how much more we could get for TB. The bigger head scratcher is how he's somehow lost value from "two firsts" to pick 15-20 in one off season.
He was valued highly before he ****ed his back .

Now by all reports he couldn't pass another clubs medical.

I think if he didn't screw his back he would be playing for Sydney

I don’t believe for a second Barrass wouldn’t pass the medicals. He’s a very clever boy with what he’s said in the media and it’s very much deliberate. Apparently Ben McKay is worth pick 3 and he doesn’t hold a candle to Barrass. Everyone will have their own opinion on TB’s worth but it’s a hell of a lot more than pick 15-20. Charlie Dixon got a hold of him for half a game and everyone is blaming his back and saying he’s cooked. Maybe he just played like s**t for a half. He’s actually been pretty good since then and hopefully has another good year because I do think Twomey is right in that other clubs will come knocking.

Taylor would be a HUGE get, however unlikely. That said, if he does sign on at the giants, it might push out a Cumming and/or Perryman who I’d like us to pick up. Good age bracket and improves our best 22 straight away.

Buss I feel is gettable, and would be a value pick up too.
What's Buss doing wrong at Bullies not to get a game?
You'd think if they rated him they'd have thrown him a bone by now.

I don’t believe for a second Barrass wouldn’t pass the medicals. He’s a very clever boy with what he’s said in the media and it’s very much deliberate. Apparently Ben McKay is worth pick 3 and he doesn’t hold a candle to Barrass. Everyone will have their own opinion on TB’s worth but it’s a hell of a lot more than pick 15-20. Charlie Dixon got a hold of him for half a game and everyone is blaming his back and saying he’s cooked. Maybe he just played like s**t for a half. He’s actually been pretty good since then and hopefully has another good year because I do think Twomey is right in that other clubs will come knocking.
We got to try and improve our draft hand somehow. A pick in that range shouldn't be sneezed at, especially at his age. If the players willing I would be disappointed if we didn't accept that in our current situation.

Jagga may only be small, but he's prolific when it comes to winning contested footy. His 10 clearances in this game were instrumental in helping Oakleigh secure a close win against Tasmania.

doesn't seem like top 2 material to me.
kicking is very loopy and generally pretty sloppy. even his handballs look dodgy
no physicality at all either

I'd rather Moraes

I remember the interview Barass gave when the media stories of his cooked back came out last year and he sounded very downbeat, talked about how much pain it caused him and more or less he was just playing footy for the money now. I would not want to be coughing up high draft picks for any player who gave me the vibe that he didn't even really enjoy playing footy anymore and was just in it for a pay cheque.

In order for a club to be prepared to part with a draft pick under 25 for a player as a general rule they will need to feel that if they got that player he is going to be the quality solution to an immediate problem or vacant position they have. I don't think any club in the league is looking at BW and saying that. Not even close. So i think his trade value would be a pick in the 40 plus range.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah there is nobody with multiple first rounders atm who is likely to have a top 6 pick, we need Freo or GC the most likely teams to stuff up though. I doubt it.
Alternative is looking for players or F1 picks, which I cant see unless some elite WA talent asks to come home, unlikely
Hopefully it will save us from ourselves again and we pick best available talent. We should be 100% going quality over quantity at the moment.

Typical dole bludger stalking and attacking me. Why don’t you address the real issue?

Episode 7 Showtime GIF by Billions

In order for a club to be prepared to part with a draft pick under 25 for a player as a general rule they will need to feel that if they got that player he is going to be the quality solution to an immediate problem or vacant position they have. I don't think any club in the league is looking at BW and saying that. Not even close. So i think his trade value would be a pick in the 40 plus range.

I'll take that bet.

40 plus is the range where you are throwing darts and a kid may never play a game.

BW is way past that.

What's Buss doing wrong at Bullies not to get a game?
You'd think if they rated him they'd have thrown him a bone by now.

Read he had shoulder issues in his first year that hekd him back from hitting the gym.

He's playing VFL as a 3rd defender until he can build his body up to handle big established forwards. He is progressing but the shoulder held him back.

You can see it in the way barrass has changed the way he plays . Doesn't fly for the mark or spoil as much . Can't bend down and pick the ball up below his knees with any consistency . The biggest one of all is now he falls very safely making sure their is not much impact and takes forever to get up .

Unfortunately its a contact sport and he hurt himself .

He is contracted for another 3 years and we just have to lump it .

Hopefully he will get more mobility back and be productive for the rest of his career but I feel his best is behind him

I remember the interview Barass gave when the media stories of his cooked back came out last year and he sounded very downbeat, talked about how much pain it caused him and more or less he was just playing footy for the money now. I would not want to be coughing up high draft picks for any player who gave me the vibe that he didn't even really enjoy playing footy anymore and was just in it for a pay cheque.
You can see it in the way barrass has changed the way he plays . Doesn't fly for the mark or spoil as much . Can't bend down and pick the ball up below his knees with any consistency . The biggest one of all is now he falls very safely making sure their is not much impact and takes forever to get up .

Unfortunately its a contact sport and he hurt himself .

He is contracted for another 3 years and we just have to lump it .

Hopefully he will get more mobility back and be productive for the rest of his career but I feel his best is behind him
As I said, everyone will have their own opinion on what TB would be worth. I agree that he’s not likely to have the output of his B&F year but he’s still one of the best KPDs in the comp. Contracted for 3 years, we could offer to pay his salary for the next 2 for a team in contention like Sydney. You could almost call it pick purchasing. If an offer for pick 15-20 was made I’d say no thanks, he’s worth far more to the structure and morale of our team than that whilst we search for and develop the next in line. Multiple 1Rs or a top 10 pick for me would be the starting point of an offer from another club. Sydney’s 1R, end of 1R (or F1) and Sheldrick (who can’t even break into the midfield with Adams, Parker, Mills missing) for TB with the first 2 years of his contract paid for might be the difference between a flag or no flag for them with their current group. Some may say that’s too much but as Twomey said, they’re looking to buy, we aren’t looking to sell.

Are you saying the Hawks paid a second round pick for a guy who was fringe at best at Gold Coast(Chol), but we cant get a pick in the 20s for BW?
Imagine what a club like the Demons would pay for a guy who can be a foil for JVR and chop out Gawn as he gets on in age, he is already 32. A player like BW would be the perfect pickup for them to have a go again in 2025 to help prolong Gawns career.

Carlton doesnt want Mckay to be rucking, Geelong has Blicavs/Hawkins/Stanley all about to go into a retirement home, Saints need somebody to play alongside King and to give Marshall a rest, the Pies havent had much in the way of tall forwards in years and Cox is 33 now, so theyll need a ruck/fwd to help Darcy Cameron, and the list goes on.

Yes you could just play some spud as a ruck/fwd but clubs have demonstrated that they really dont want to do that. Gawn and Marshall are prime examples.

A player like BW would be in high demand id imagine, first round pick not out of the question at all

As I said, everyone will have their own opinion on what TB would be worth. I agree that he’s not likely to have the output of his B&F year but he’s still one of the best KPDs in the comp. Contracted for 3 years, we could offer to pay his salary for the next 2 for a team in contention like Sydney. You could almost call it pick purchasing. If an offer for pick 15-20 was made I’d say no thanks, he’s worth far more to the structure and morale of our team than that whilst we search for and develop the next in line. Multiple 1Rs or a top 10 pick for me would be the starting point of an offer from another club. Sydney’s 1R, end of 1R (or F1) and Sheldrick (who can’t even break into the midfield with Adams, Parker, Mills missing) for TB with the first 2 years of his contract paid for might be the difference between a flag or no flag for them with their current group. Some may say that’s too much but as Twomey said, they’re looking to buy, we aren’t looking to sell.
Exactly, there arent exactly many good KPDs on the market, and Sydney really need someone to help McCartin, since the other McCartin retired. The Swans arent exactly short on young talent either, they can afford to part with a few picks. They probably still try to go for it if Barrass is still playing well at the end of the year.

I dont think he goes but if a huge offer came through the club would have to really think about it. Id feel much better about it if we managed to grab some KPD from somewhere in the offseason too, maybe the Swans throw Hamling in and he can come back to WA to a 5th club lol, just as a backup

Personally, I’d be asking to prelist any nga prospects, instead of receiving future picks I had to trade.

I have no idea what kids you have in the future, but Champion looks pretty good, and fans of oppo teams, especially ones who don’t follow the draft and talent pool, are more likely to accept that, than more picks diluting the draft.

If you’re still struggling next year, then go for a 2023 style North package.

Between norths ongoing assistance packages, the academy access of the nsw/qld clubs, the GF being fixed at vic clubs home ground, the inconsistency of the MRP, selective application of drug enforcement and the inequity of travel what fans of oppo teams are willing to accept should play zero part in what we apply for or are granted for assistance.

Jagga is currently rated 4 to 6.

Which is where we may end up trading to with the Suns. That is rhe assumption when talking about Jagga and Draper, the pick 4 to 6 range.

We wouldnt pick Jagga with pick 1.

I hope some others come along and improve the 4 to 6 range. And we get a standout number 1.
In the O'Brien's era we would have him at #1 still.
Continually overrating under-age years.
Has actually gone backward this year when compared to 2023 so far.

I think there's still room in the midfield for those smaller types, Butters, Merritt, Zorko etc.
McKercher went #2 last year despite being as outside as they come.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back