List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
thewest.com.au/sport/west-coast-eagles/greater-western-sydney-defender-sam-taylor-set-to-earn-monster-contract-amid-west-coast-interest-c-14259803View attachment 1955555
The worst thing that can happen is losing Mcgovern and Barrass at the same time. It would be scary to think how vulnerable we'll be if Barrass is medically retired and Mcgovern cant go around no more.

I feel like you guys overrate Bailey Williams heavily. He is the worst ruck in the comp and there is daylight to the next contender. That’s not to say he doesn’t try his guts out but he gets beaten every week and wouldn’t be even considered as a ruck at any other team (and only is for us because of injuries).

Maybe he’ll be a good forward/back-up ruck. Hasn’t shown anything yet (was awful against GWS and never looks like it when resting forward) but there is hope if he gets a decent run at it. But I couldn’t see that any other club would even consider taking Williams for anything more than a 4th rounder.

Talk of getting Baker for Williams is laughable.
A little harsh😂, but not too far off the money. He is not dominant but is equivalent to probably 10th-20th in the comp.

Rucks quality in the AFL is actually really thin compared to even 6-7 years ago.

I'd rather Williams over Baker in a trade. And he would be worth an early 2nd rounder at least if traded.

I’d take Moraes over Jagga currently. He’s 10 months younger and has a few extra parts to his game that Jagga has.

Links up and finds space better in general play and is a genuine goal sneak. He could easily play as a half forward while his body grows to become a full time midfielder. Moraes whilst not an elite kick is a better kick than Jagga for me.

Having said all that it’s still early so no need to put a line through anyone this early in the season. Looking forward to the first academy game and Jagga getting best on lol. 😂
How similar are Hewitt and Moraes? If they are I don't want him unless Moraes can rack it up. (And I mean +27 possession in national championship )

This is the worst one * me, everything from blaming a low home crowd on a concurrent flower show to posters saying fold the club, but meaning it.
A flower show affecting attendance at a football match to that extent??
tu5zzziku9l91.gif

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/is-this-rock-bottom.1309258/page-50

This is the worst one * me, everything from blaming a low home crowd on a concurrent flower show to posters saying fold the club, but meaning it.
lol. Not a chance in the world.

There might be two dozen members of the local flower club, with most being retirees. Might attract a bit of interest from regional clubs members travelling to the city. But the chance of all two dozen club members also being North members is very slim. Most are more likely to be Demons members.

Bailey is best 22. Anyone wirh half a brain can see that. He was jumping all over Grundy at centre bounces last game and we were actually winning center clearences.

If he can average 1 to 2 goals a game playing 2nd ruck any team would want him. His contested marking has really come on this season up forward and in general play.
If he can do that he'd break into our top 5 all time goal kickers😂

You'd take 20 goals a season @ 0.8 a game in a heartbeat. Probably puts him in the top 2 or 3 in the AFL if he can do that.
The bar isn't actually that high for a fwd/ruck position.

Jagga may only be small, but he's prolific when it comes to winning contested footy. His 10 clearances in this game were instrumental in helping Oakleigh secure a close win against Tasmania.

Terrible DE% that match.
Counted 11 of his 28 that made it to the target, 2 of which were ineffectual hospital handballs.

Gave away silly frees for either getting caught HTB or had a bad tackling technique himself.

I haven't watched much of his gameplay, so this might be an outlier of a match, but I wouldn't call that the game of a #1 pick.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember Masten was a small inside midfielder pre-draft and inevitably ended up on a wing. See some similar traits in that clip with Jagga Smith.

Granted, I’ve only seen highlights so this is not based on anything other than that but to me he moves a bit like Lachie Ash. Wouldn’t be surprised if he starts there at AFL level to get accustomed to the pace and then inevitably stays there.

Listening to Hoyne on this weeks SEN analytics podcast.

Really going to town on North, and saying things could get worse for them yet.

If your Vets stay healthy most of the season, fair chance you don't finish bottom.
It was a fair clip. Their defence both team and back 6 are very ordinary.

Hardeman’s form in the VFL has been moderate in 2 games to date. His disposal in the under 18 champs was very poor at times. The last thing we need is another ball butcher exiting defensive 50m.

Hardeman had a big reputation as a junior, and we were rumoured to be keen on him in the draft. But I’d like him to demonstrate that he can be part of the defensive transition solution (not the problem) before we show any interest in him.
Hardeman would cost a fair bit . Kaleb Smith on the other hand should be our target.

If the afl gave us the same compo as norfs first compo in future end of 1st and end of 2nd

Liam Baker and kaleb Smith

Hardeman would cost a fair bit . Kaleb Smith on the other hand should be our target.

If the afl gave us the same compo as norfs first compo in future end of 1st and end of 2nd

Liam Baker and kaleb Smith

Not that it became much of a difference but in 2022, Norths concessions were a F2 and F3 pick tied to their 2023 ladder position. Both picks had to be traded in 2022 and at least one had to be for a player

They were also given two additional rookie list spots

If we asked go for and received something similar at the end of this year I think that would be reasonable

Terrible DE% that match.
Counted 11 of his 28 that made it to the target, 2 of which were ineffectual hospital handballs.

Gave away silly frees for either getting caught HTB or had a bad tackling technique himself.

I haven't watched much of his gameplay, so this might be an outlier of a match, but I wouldn't call that the game of a #1 pick.

Jagga is currently rated 4 to 6.

Which is where we may end up trading to with the Suns. That is rhe assumption when talking about Jagga and Draper, the pick 4 to 6 range.

We wouldnt pick Jagga with pick 1.

I hope some others come along and improve the 4 to 6 range. And we get a standout number 1.

As I said earlier in another thread on the Drafts Board I'm keen to see Dayten Uerata get a look in midseason.
He glides through traffic, has a quick turn of pace, hits the scoreboard and has leadership qualities.
Dayten Uerata 7.jpg
dayten-uerata-1-jpg.1944466
Dayten Uerata 8.jpg
dayten-uerata-5-jpg.1944471

dayten-uerata-2-jpg.1944468
dayten-uerata-3-jpg.1944469

Not that it became much of a difference but in 2022, Norths concessions were a F2 and F3 pick tied to their 2023 ladder position. Both picks had to be traded in 2022 and at least one had to be for a player

They were also given two additional rookie list spots

If we asked go for and received something similar at the end of this year I think that would be reasonable
Personally, I’d be asking to prelist any nga prospects, instead of receiving future picks I had to trade.

I have no idea what kids you have in the future, but Champion looks pretty good, and fans of oppo teams, especially ones who don’t follow the draft and talent pool, are more likely to accept that, than more picks diluting the draft.

If you’re still struggling next year, then go for a 2023 style North package.

Jagga is currently rated 4 to 6.

Which is where we may end up trading to with the Suns. That is rhe assumption when talking about Jagga and Draper, the pick 4 to 6 range.

We wouldnt pick Jagga with pick 1.

I hope some others come along and improve the 4 to 6 range. And we get a standout number 1.
Suns hold their own and Bulldogs first round picks, plus an end of first round pp received from North.

Don’t believe the Suns or Bulldogs finish bottom 6.

Reckon the Suns finish between 9th and 12th and the Bulldogs between 6th and 9th.

Suns hold their own and Bulldogs first round picks, plus an end of first round pp received from North.

Don’t believe the Suns or Bulldogs finish bottom 6.

Reckon the Suns finish between 9th and 12th and the Bulldogs between 6th and 9th.
Yeah there is nobody with multiple first rounders atm who is likely to have a top 6 pick, we need Freo or GC the most likely teams to stuff up though. I doubt it.
Alternative is looking for players or F1 picks, which I cant see unless some elite WA talent asks to come home, unlikely

Remove this Banner Ad

Back