List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Who do you want the Eagles to select in the Mid Season Draft?

• Luke Beecken

Votes: 27 22.1%
  • Ben Hopkins

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Trey Ruscoe

Votes: 18 14.8%
  • Will McLachlan

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jacob Blight

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Jasper Scaife

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jack Hutchinson

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Geordie Payne

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
IMO it's 100% we'll take Ruscoe.
Yep, listening in on the lastest Coast to Coast podcast and hearing of the positive impact he has made around the club, I would now be shocked if we didn't select him. Also proves to blokes in the future that if you get delisted and come back and do the right thing for the Beagles there will be opportunity to be upgraded.

How good does Ned Moyle look tonight
GC would be so stupid if they let him go, going to be a star
Loved his ruck work at around the ground throw ins
Well they have Witt’s under contract and Reed coming through so he could be getable. They are stacked now. Will be a power of the completion moving forward now they’ve got their academy cranking.

Yep, listening in on the lastest Coast to Coast podcast and hearing of the positive impact he has made around the club, I would now be shocked if we didn't select him. Also proves to blokes in the future that if you get delisted and come back and do the right thing for the Beagles there will be opportunity to be upgraded.

The other thing to look at as well is the concern that another club will take a punt on him. Whilst it would be nice to add a new player who can do a job for the Beagles I'd rather not run the risk of losing the player we already have who's performing.

The other thing to look at as well is the concern that another club will take a punt on him. Whilst it would be nice to add a new player who can do a job for the Beagles I'd rather not run the risk of losing the player we already have who's performing.

I’d like to add a second spot and do both.

I really doubt either of Hewett or Bazzo are coming back this year, pull the trigger on one of them.

I really doubt either of Hewett or Bazzo are coming back this year, pull the trigger on one of them.

God I'd hope to see Hewett, fairly sure Bazzo doesn't exist.

Ruscoe. Don’t think anyone else will swoop in and take him.

Hmmmm… I’m not convinced he’d be there at our 2nd pick.

I can’t overstate how impressive he’s been in WAFL. Making state squad from a team getting belted every week says a lot in itself.

If Ruscoe wants to play for us. Why wouldn’t we pick him up as a rookie DFA at the end of year?

He risks getting picked up by another club in MsD.

Hmmmm… I’m not convinced he’d be there at our 2nd pick.

I can’t overstate how impressive he’s been in WAFL. Making state squad from a team getting belted every week says a lot in itself.

If Ruscoe wants to play for us. Why wouldn’t we pick him up as a rookie DFA at the end of year?

He risks getting picked up by another club in MsD.

Are you suggesting he not nominate for the MSD? That’s an option. But the club seems keen to elevate him now, reading between the lines.

Are you suggesting he not nominate for the MSD? That’s an option. But the club seems keen to elevate him now, reading between the lines.

I’m suggesting I haven’t seen anything definitely stating Ruscoe has or will nominate for MsD.

Unlike most other MAD prospects, Ruscoe is a DFA. He can nominate any club he wants to at the end of the year.

If we are so impressed, why not commit to picking him up at the end of the year?

It removes any risk of another club picking him up, we get to use our pick on someone else, strengthen the beagles, and Ruscoe can still get paid in his club role/WAFL.

We could even top up his rookie wages next year with 20-30K for any missed income.

If/when we have confirmation Ruscoe is nominating it’s fairly certain we will pick him up.

I’m suggesting I haven’t seen anything definitely stating Ruscoe has or will nominate for MsD.

Unlike most other MAD prospects, Ruscoe is a DFA. He can nominate any club he wants to at the end of the year.

If we are so impressed, why not commit to picking him up at the end of the year?

It removes any risk of another club picking him up, we get to use our pick on someone else, strengthen the beagles, and Ruscoe can still get paid in his club role/WAFL.

We could even top up his rookie wages next year with 20-30K for any missed income.

If/when we have confirmation Ruscoe is nominating it’s fairly certain we will pick him up.

Have we seen confirmation that anyone is or isn’t nominating?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think there has been any talks of club below us taking Trey so im not too concerned.

I haven’t seen or heard him linked to anyone which is interesting in itself.

9 clubs apparently watched Jasper Scaife, yet Ruscoe isn’t linked to anyone.

A club like North should be all over Ruscoe.

No. Just no

We have one pick in the MSD and that’s enough

Bazzo and Hewett are both going through what must be very mentally challenging rehabs. A main motivator for them would be getting back to playing this year at some stage so to take that away from either of them would be totally deflating

I’d much rather keep their hopes up than take a mid teens pick in the MSD

I like the idea of Ruscoe as a solid citizen pick but someone like szekely gives us something we don't have a lot of. Speed,skill,versatility, x factor

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk

Back