List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Not interested unless we get him on the cheap trade-wise. Which we won't, so they can keep him or the dockers can have him.
I suspect whether we do or don't trade for him won't have much to do with whether you think they can keep him or the Dockers can have him ;) Given the leaking interest, people might want to get used to the idea.

I suspect whether we do or don't trade for him won't have much to do with whether you think they can keep him or the Dockers can have him ;) Given the leaking interest, people might want to get used to the idea.
Weird comment, nothing we say on here has much impact on anything the team decides to do, was just expressing my opinion much like any of the other thousands of posts on this forum.

Overpaying Jack Graham to trigger band 2 or band 3 compo plus a second rounder is the way to go for Baker.

I'd be livid if we split our first or gave up 2 seconds for him, but I don't think we're that stupid.

Overpaying Jack Graham to trigger band 2 or band 3 compo plus a second rounder is the way to go for Baker.

I'd be livid if we split our first or gave up 2 seconds for him, but I don't think we're that stupid.
As far as this year’s trade targets go we should not involve our R1 or F1 in any capacity. As I’ve previously said if you want to game the system Norf style, band 1 FA deal for Graham so Tigers get a top 5 pick then we trade our F4 for Baker and pay him the base wage. Jack and Liam then go halves in Jack’s wage. Everyone wins.

Alternatively tell the Dogs and Tigers we have a 2R and a F2 to trade for Baker and Buss. First in gets the 2R, last past the post gets F2.

I’d rather just leave Baker for Freo.

As far as this year’s trade targets go we should not involve our R1 or F1 in any capacity. As I’ve previously said if you want to game the system Norf style, band 1 FA deal for Graham so Tigers get a top 5 pick then we trade our F4 for Baker and pay him the base wage. Jack and Liam then go halves in Jack’s wage. Everyone wins.

Alternatively tell the Dogs and Tigers we have a 2R and a F2 to trade for Baker and Buss. First in gets the 2R, last past the post gets F2.

Baker will decide where he goes and if he picks us then beggars can't be choosers. Busslinger, Baker and Graham in for 2 second rounders would be a great result, top 5 even.

There’s no world where we pay Graham enough to trigger band 1 FA compo. Band 2 would be a stretch

Maybe band 3

If Baker does choose us I hope we offer either our R2 or F2 and say that’s the best we can do

It’s unders but we’ve been on the wrong side of a trade like that in the past, most recently with Rioli

Any Graham talk is separate

There’s no world where we pay Graham enough to trigger band 1 FA compo. Band 2 would be a stretch

Maybe band 3

If Baker does choose us I hope we offer either our R2 or F2 and say that’s the best we can do

It’s unders but we’ve been on the wrong side of a trade like that in the past, most recently with Rioli

Any Graham talk is separate
Agree with all of the above, was more of a piss take of the system. I still think Baker’s too old for the age profile we should be looking at outside of FA
but I’d sleep at night if we got Buss and Baker for our 2R and F2 in either combination.

I’d rather wait until next year and have a crack at Ed Richards, Kane Farrell and Brandon Starcevich via FA in addition to the obvious Sam Taylor attempt.

OOC next year and in a better age profile than Baker if we’re giving up draft capital are:

Chad Warner
Finn Callaghan
Judd McVee
Angus Sheldrick
Riley Hardeman
James Tunstill

Our F2 for example would possibly be enough for any of the last 4 on that list next year as our 2R.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back