Not open for further replies.

FatPizza

Premiership Player
May 25, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I thought the mid-season draft was for replacing injured players/filling an obvious need?

I thought the mid-season draft was for replacing injured players/filling an obvious need?

What the AFL is trying to achieve with each of their tinkering ideas and what the clubs actually do are more often than not quite different

And we should have snaffled him up too - a good player, one who I have watched a few times on AFLNT TV.
I'm assuming there's a reason we asked Grey, Reid and a SANFL rando with mediocre stats to train with us ahead of him?

I'm assuming there's a reason we asked Grey, Reid and a SANFL rando with mediocre stats to train with us ahead of him?
My best guess would be north beat us to the punch in inviting him to train with them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast

Behind a paywall, so I struggled to get more than the heading - but was there any mention of the timing of this decision?

To come out and say it now (prior to the season) indicates that the clause must have an opt-out date that is much earlier than the end-of-the-season.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Behind a paywall, so I struggled to get more than the heading - but was there any mention of the timing of this decision?

To come out and say it now (prior to the season) indicates that the clause must have an opt-out date that is much earlier than the end-of-the-season.

If the article had any merit its facts would appear on one of the other news websites as well. The West announced that we'd signed Brady Grey not long ago. They're an absolute s**t truck of a media company who are bleeding money and trying to trick people into paying for fake news.

Sooner people stop posting their paywall junk articles the better.

But don't leave us Gaffy ❤️

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast

Its still an end of year situation. I think its more that Gaff's manager is indicating early that his client is wanting to stay long term.

I think Gaff wanted that clause incase his Dad was still unwell.

Profit of $22m is a bit misleading as it includes $13m of development funding which I assume is government/council contribution to Lathlain but still means they made ~$9m from normal operations which is impressive

And that’s AFTER paying $4m to the WAFC

Profit of $22m is a bit misleading as it includes $13m of development funding which I assume is government/council contribution to Lathlain but still means they made ~$9m from normal operations which is impressive

And that’s AFTER paying $4m to the WAFC

Means almost $10m difference between the two local teams last year as well 🤑

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back