Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here) Part 2 "The Second Wave"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There still may be community transmission. They have most close contacts & their close contacts in quarantine... Including the 40 not previously contacted, so hopefully these actions will prevent a community outbreak... but just need 1 asymptomatic to get out to be a concern.

We will know more within the week I suspect. Fingers crossed nipped in the bud... but in the meanwhile sensible social distancing is needed.

We all want to be back to relatively normal for our Xmas Break.
Yep I agree, not out of the woods yet.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Masks off outside from tomorrow

Unfortunately i reckon I'll still have to wear one while driving at work, which is the only time it really bothers me, normally in the last two hours of tje shift

Unfortunately i reckon I'll still have to wear one while driving at work, which is the only time it really bothers me, normally in the last two hours of tje shift
I just wore one to go to the nursery where there are people shopping. Bunnings had lines stretching into the car park so gave that a miss!

You should be fine in your car unless you are a taxi or uber... but yes, best be cautious wearing masks around people you don't know for the next couple of weeks.

Not December?
Read the article, They are talking about the rollout in January, in order to arrange a roll out Approval need to be given,
At this time Pfizer, Manderma, Novavax, and Oxford Astra-Zeneca are looking like gaining approvals from several Western Governments before the years Out December.

As I mentioned the hardest part after approval is the Rollout, However Australia went on the front foot, Production is well underway for the Oxford-Astra-Zeneca when added to the Pfizer and Novavax Australia can most likely will meet a similar time frame,

I just wore one to go to the nursery where there are people shopping. Bunnings had lines stretching into the car park so gave that a miss!

You should be fine in your car unless you are a taxi or uber... but yes, best be cautious wearing masks around people you don't know for the next couple of weeks.
Colonnades was 50/50 on masks

Tram driver :(

Even though the cabin is isolated and we have had alcohol wipes since March to wipe everything down when changing drivers over i think the optics of the driver wearing one considering passengers have to will dictate that...

Dont mind wearing one in any other situation, mostly because i dont tend to do anything else 8 hrs at a time !

Tram driver :(

Even though the cabin is isolated and we have had alcohol wipes since March to wipe everything down when changing drivers over i think the optics of the driver wearing one considering passengers have to will dictate that...

Dont mind wearing one in any other situation, mostly because i dont tend to do anything else 8 hrs at a time !
Yeah, sorry forgot you were a Melbourne tram driver... as you have mentioned a few times before.

At least Melbourne is getting back to some normality...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marshall has smacked down Malinauskas’ demand that people returning from overseas are locked up on Christmas Island or Woomera.

And rightly so I reckon.
Malinauskas raises a valid point. We've pretty much eliminated the virus in Australia and the medi-hotels are the biggest risk of outbreaks here. It's careless to have them in the middle of CBDs, use regional centres like the NT has done with Howard Springs. Not entirely regional but still away from the main Darwin CBD.

Malinauskas raises a valid point. We've pretty much eliminated the virus in Australia and the medi-hotels are the biggest risk of outbreaks here. It's careless to have them in the middle of CBDs, use regional centres like the NT has done with Howard Springs. Not entirely regional but still away from the main Darwin CBD.
You do realise that Howard Springs is barely 20 minutes drive from the Darwin CBD? It's nothing like being sent to isolated locations like Woomera or CI.

Woomera is extreme but the current location and process needs to be looked at imo.
I don't disagree. I'm just not sure that there are many viable options. Howard Springs is very convenient, as is/was Rottnest Island which was used by the WA Govt. Most of the other states & territories don't have anything that is anywhere near as suitable.

Marshall has smacked down Malinauskas’ demand that people returning from overseas are locked up on Christmas Island or Woomera.

And rightly so I reckon.

Did he actually suggest Christmas Island or Woomera? I think that was just Marshall putting some mayo on it. I think he had in mind somewhere like 'The Bend'.

I think Malinauskas raises a reasonable point and just like when Marshall was in opposition you don't have to have all the answers but you need to challenge something that is not acceptable.

I don't blame anyone personally for any of this but it's not a case of if, but when this happens again. I don't think we should just accept that.

Did he actually suggest Christmas Island or Woomera? I think that was just Marshall putting some mayo on it. I think he had in mind somewhere like 'The Bend'.

I think Malinauskas raises a reasonable point and just like when Marshall was in opposition you don't have to have all the answers but you need to challenge something that is not acceptable.

I don't blame anyone personally for any of this but it's not a case of if, but when this happens again. I don't think we should just accept that.
Great suggestion, bring the superloop back and house everyone at the bend.
2 birds 1 stone

And rightly so I reckon.
What Malinauskas and some other forget is 90 plus personnel staff and patients from the Lyell McEwin Hospital are also Housed at he Playford Adelaide medi-hotel on North Terrace after being forced into quarantined including Doctor Dharminy Thurairatnam,
Would it be right to send these people to Woomera or Christmas Island,
These medi-Hotels are not just for returning travelers,

I don't disagree. I'm just not sure that there are many viable options. Howard Springs is very convenient, as is/was Rottnest Island which was used by the WA Govt. Most of the other states & territories don't have anything that is anywhere near as suitable.
It one of the reason Hotels were suggested as they have limited entries and exits, they are easy to monitor as the setup in place,
a Hotel is a more controlled place than most think,
Even, if they were on Torren Island Woomera or Christmas Island workers, will still need to return to the Cities,

I picked up a neat little doodad that fits on the inner part of your mask that essentially keeps it away from your mouth. Has made such a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back