Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here) Part 2 "The Second Wave"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country Corruption Index:
#2, New Zealand
#12, Australia

Fixed Broadband Speeds
#22, NZ
#60, Australia

Coronavirus
Australia, 27,806 cases, 907 deaths
New Zealand, 2,019 cases, 25 deaths

If they’re the last mob you’d base decisions on?

Assisted posters in Faking Deaths on BF
Australia: 1
New Zealand: 0

Clearly you're the go-to guy for responsible decision-making
Also based lockdowm decision on evidence, not assumption.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

After people survive the nuclear apocalypse and head out of the bunkers after 3 years the zombies only have to wait outside McDonalds
In fairness, 3 years after the apocalypse those Macca burgers would still be "safe" to eat. They are built to last a lifetime.

Country Corruption Index:
#2, New Zealand
#12, Australia

Fixed Broadband Speeds
#22, NZ
#60, Australia

Coronavirus
Australia, 27,806 cases, 907 deaths
New Zealand, 2,019 cases, 25 deaths

If they’re the last mob you’d base decisions on?

Assisted posters in Faking Deaths on BF
Australia: 1
New Zealand: 0

Clearly you're the go-to guy for responsible decision-making
Shagging sheep
#1 New Zealand
#? Australia. The sheep wouldn’t divulge information.
But seriously
they do the easy stuff pretty well. 🛑
They are on a downward slope economically and have been for ages. Their main export is people to Australia and have closed their borders to imports. 😜

Last edited:
It is funny how when a term becomes a buzz word, few really know what that term means.

Best Practice is the standard method accepted industry wide, or accepted by multiple jurisdictions.

Going early, with the information available (and ignoring the standard R0 metric) is not Best Practice.

And they got found out. Based their actions on a lie, had to reverse the decision, with the Lockdown not achieving anything.

I mean, I got an extra $30 out of it having to stay back Wednesday in the panic buying.

Maccas are getting rammed at the moment!
What people are probably not appreciating, all that produce was literally days old (probably the norm but anyways), I would wait a few days before ordering any takeaway food thats for sure. If I can. :$

And I do understand how the decision was made to shut down our economy. They assumed based on the information available at the time the pizza guy acquired it via community transmission. Assumption based decision making. No evidence.
You do realise that the alternative you propose is even worse - failing to shutdown, on the assumption that the information they had was false? Once again, assumption based decision making, except this time based on information that they didn't have.

Look up what best practice means.

Most jurisdictions consider lockdowns when Repriduction Number R0 equals 1.0 or greater.

That is Best Practice.

We went too early, and shut down the economy for no real benefit because they ignored Best Practice.

NZ had evidence to go early. We didn't, just an assumption.

Don't get me wrong, we have been world leaders in handling COVID, but they stuffed up this week.

We didn't go too early at all, but please.... Give me your epidemiology qualifications

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise that the alternative you propose is even worse - failing to shutdown, on the assumption that the information they had was false? Once again, assumption based decision making, except this time based on information that they didn't have.
We shut down because they assumed community transmission. They were wrong.

Once the lie was found out, Lockdown over.

My suggestion is about allowing time to see if there is actual community transaction. One or even two days is not a tipping point. Despite the fear mongering.

We have had about 50k (more?) tests since last Monday. Not one positive case in the community.

Which is great news.

There just needs to be a higher standard before taking the most drastic action.

It is a circular argument. Pretty obvious the way I see it is against the common feelings here. Not much else to say.

Gotta run to Maccas

I wish we could shut ourselves to overseas travellers as it feels like it is a case of when not if this happens again.

I don't have the answers and we have our responsibilities but I wish there was a better way.

Come on Cornsey, what’s your afl qualifications to be making judgements on an AFL forum?
Everyone can have an opinion.
Of course, it's just wrong that's all.

No cases linked to Parafield cluster. 1 case, overseas acquired, tested positive on day 10.

16.9k tests yesterday.

"But nothing the general community should worry about." My hubby and I said that at the exact same time, and rolled our eyes. It only takes ONE person to set off the cluster we're now dealing with.

You'd think all the other states with returned travellers testing positive would be very nervous.

We shut down because they assumed community transmission. They were wrong.

Once the lie was found out, Lockdown over.

My suggestion is about allowing time to see if there is actual community transaction. One or even two days is not a tipping point. Despite the fear mongering.

We have had about 50k (more?) tests since last Monday. Not one positive case in the community.

Which is great news.

There just needs to be a higher standard before taking the most drastic action.

It is a circular argument. Pretty obvious the way I see it is against the common feelings here. Not much else to say.

Gotta run to Maccas

There still may be community transmission. They have most close contacts & their close contacts in quarantine... Including the 40 not previously contacted, so hopefully these actions will prevent a community outbreak... but just need 1 asymptomatic to get out to be a concern.

We will know more within the week I suspect. Fingers crossed nipped in the bud... but in the meanwhile sensible social distancing is needed.

We all want to be back to relatively normal for our Xmas Break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back