Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about on par with The Guardian, though it's really only The Guardian's opinion pieces which are far left rubbish - their news articles are usually OK. The ABC is about as unbiased as it's possible to find in this country.
The thing is... its not a matter of whether the news source is “left” or “right” leaning.. the most important thing is whether what they produce is factual and based on correct evidence..

I posted a quote taken from “The Business Insider” that had further quotes taken from “The Nation”.. Mutineer posted up a rebutal pointing to “The Nation” that just included the following;

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-nation/

And this is what Mutineers own source had to say about “The Nation”..

“Overall, we rate The Nation Left Biased due to story choices and wording that favor the left and factually high based on proper sourcing.”

He posted this up as if to say “we cant listen to that as its coming from a left wing news source”.. but whilst they may be left leaning the fact checking source (that he provided, not me) also stated that what The Nation produce is “factual High” and “based on proper sourcing”

Ultimately, who cares whether the source is right or left leaning aslong as it is based on fact..

I’ll listen to/read anyone if they base their argument on facts and provide evidence to back their reporting..
I don’t care if they are right or left leaning.

Another day, another zero. It’s like Ground Hog Day.

Yippee, my gym re-opens next Wednesday.
I'm just waiting until the high court challenge on border closures happens and a few state government get lawsuits for illegal closures of businesses.

I'm just waiting until the high court challenge on border closures happens and a few state government get lawsuits for illegal closures of businesses.

I didn’t have a problem to close the borders initially but now it is starting to get ridiculous.

The chances of getting Covid19 from community transmission is low, unbelievably extremely low now.

Yeah, you definately have to feel for the police in the US.. with their absolutely ridiculous gun laws, as a police officer, you would constantly be in fear of the next person you approach potentially being armed.. the next vehicle you pull over and approach having a driver/passengers armed with an assault rifle.. the next house you attend, because of a report of domestic disturbance, being the last door you knock on..

but they aren’t exactly helping build trust in the communities in which they work when you see how many unarmed black men they have killed without any real reason..

and the current attacks by some police on journalists simply standing on the sideline reporting the protests has you wondering how many US police their are that have difficulty controlling themselves..

the whole situation is one massive FU of epic proportions from a nation that is fast becoming the world’s biggest bad joke..

Whilst police killing black people is over represented compared to population, when you compare killings against arrest numbers it’s largely consistent with white killings. The police kill a lot of people that they come into contact with in the US. And among those with who they come into contact, there’s not much difference in death rate between races.

I am prepared to believe that there are right wing provocateurs involved in this. I do not believe that antifa are not involved at all, this is right up their alley and I don't believe that every person wearing the antifa "inform" is a rw provocateur. I also believe (can see) that there are people of all colours, including black, joining in the violence and looting. (I'm also prepared to believe that there are white kids who see themselves as "radical", whether or not they are "officially" antifa, involved.)

It is possible for all these things to be true.

In short, all the crazies love a good riot, regardless of the reason for the originating peaceful rally. Then you get the pure criminals and opportunists cashing in and also the losers that get some kind of high from mayhem.

The FBI begs to differ... They're massively concerned about the far right extremists. ANTIFA and similar are on the radar, but the far right mob are the ones they regard as being a Clear and Present Danger.

Both groups are among the lowest forms of humans, but I’d reckon you’re right. The leftards will throw eggs, rotten fruit, spit, claw scratch. The rightards will detonate a bomb or let loose with automatic weapons. Same nut jobs, different risk profile.

Wow - Samantha Hawley who is the ABC euro correspondent reporting the London protests were very peaceful with due observation of social distancing.

I know I shouldn’t be but I’m still surprised at the extend the media flat out lies

The Democrats would be unbackable odds on in my book if they had put up a half decent candidate and not a man clearly in mental decline. IMO that's all that keeps Trump in the game at all.

I think he might be ok. He just needs to keep speaking from his scripts and avoid being asked questions. I saw a clip of him recently on one of those chick panel shows. They asked him about the accusations and he rambled incoherently for about 2 minutes saying nothing at all. It was painful. Trump is a rambler as well, rambles meaningless s**t as if he’s imparting high wisdom, but Biden is in a completely different stratosphere. Biden can deliver strong addresses though, needs to do a fair bit of that. Select a running mate to do the chat shows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's about on par with The Guardian, though it's really only The Guardian's opinion pieces which are far left rubbish - their news articles are usually OK. The ABC is about as unbiased as it's possible to find in this country.

You really believe that? I reckon the ABC is as left leaning as Sky News is right leaning. What does that checking thing say Mutineer

The thing is... its not a matter of whether the news source is “left” or “right” leaning.. the most important thing is whether what they produce is factual and based on correct evidence..

I posted a quote taken from “The Business Insider” that had further quotes taken from “The Nation”.. Mutineer posted up a rebutal pointing to “The Nation” that just included the following;

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-nation/

And this is what Mutineers own source had to say about “The Nation”..

“Overall, we rate The Nation Left Biased due to story choices and wording that favor the left and factually high based on proper sourcing.”

He posted this up as if to say “we cant listen to that as its coming from a left wing news source”.. but whilst they may be left leaning the fact checking source (that he provided, not me) also stated that what The Nation produce is “factual High” and “based on proper sourcing”

Ultimately, who cares whether the source is right or left leaning aslong as it is based on fact..

I’ll listen to/read anyone if they base their argument on facts and provide evidence to back their reporting..
I don’t care if they are right or left leaning.

Then you should be watching Sky News.

I find ABC’s news is second (I only watch channel 24 or listen to ABC RN) to none but there presenters are heavily left of centre. There is no balance except for their guests. Insiders sometimes has centre right commentary on the couch but they are still guests essentially.
Some of their presenters are left-biased, but they are very careful to remain neutral and unbiased in their presentation - particularly when it comes to the news. Insiders makes a specific point of having a centre-right guest, specifically to provide that balance. I will accept that Q&A can be unbalanced at times, but that's not news.

On a scale of 0-10, where 0 is far left bias, and 10 is far right bias, ABC News comes in at around 4.8 - Sky News is around an 8, Guardian opinion is around a 2, Guardian news is around a 4.

I have a few candidates. One rhymes with “Randy Hoe“ the other “Bingle Smells, dirty roo”.
mouthpieces, apologists whatever. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I think just these two might be whom Rocket18 might be referring to.
And you would be wrong on both accounts.

Dandy lives in China and has to be very guarded with the language he uses when talking about the CCP. Surely you can understand this? Dandy fears being thrown out of the country, or being thrown in a concentration camp like the Uighurs, if he posts what he actually thinks of them. He's certainly no apologist.

Not sure why you think JB32 is a CCP mouthpiece either...

Some of their presenters are left-biased, but they are very careful to remain neutral and unbiased in their presentation - particularly when it comes to the news. Insiders makes a specific point of having a centre-right guest, specifically to provide that balance. I will accept that Q&A can be unbalanced at times, but that's not news.

On a scale of 0-10, where 0 is far left bias, and 10 is far right bias, ABC News comes in at around 4.8 - Sky News is around an 8, Guardian opinion is around a 2, Guardian news is around a 4.
You should do comedy, you're hilarious.

Both groups are among the lowest forms of humans, but I’d reckon you’re right. The leftards will throw eggs, rotten fruit, spit, claw scratch. The rightards will detonate a bomb or let loose with automatic weapons. Same nut jobs, different risk profile.
I think that's a fair assessment - from my inexpert point of view, anyway. Seems to me that from the pov / level of the FBI, the rightards are more likely to be on their radar, because of the nature of the threat, whereas local police probably see more of the leftards /antifa. I guess if I was on the streets of Portland I'd feel I was more at risk of harassment / violence from antifa, that doesn't mean there's not a possibility of a lunatic right winger setting off a bomb or climbing to the top of a building with a rifle.

Wow - Samantha Hawley who is the ABC euro correspondent reporting the London protests were very peaceful with due observation of social distancing.
Really? Oh, WTF. Why are (some / most of) the media so desperate to not saying anything even remotely negative about these protests? (Never mind, I know why)

(Did she mention the cops who took a knee in front of the protestors? The UK Police really are losing the plot.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back