Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Gladys is doing a press conference on her first day of no more press conferences

To tell people that if they aren't vaccinated when NSW opens up its their own fault and they might still be in lockdown while others are allowed out

Must feel good for all the people who are trying to get vaccinated but can't get an appointment until November to be told it's their own fault
Shitloads of AZ available.

looked to get my 2 kids done
nothing available anywhere.
Pretty sure uncle Scotty said we be swimming in vax this month*
Oh sorry I am in Victoria.. should of noticed the *

* NSW only as I need to win seats their for next election

just look again this arvo, and twice a day - they pop up when they get new shipments.

Shitloads of AZ available.
not everyone is eligible for AZ

12-18 is Pfizer only and a lot of them are out trying to get vaccinated because of school and exams

People over 60 who can't have AZ due to medical conditions aren't in general being allowed to book for Pfizer now, same as people with autoimmune conditions who are recommended for a third does, or people that had an allergic reaction to one of the vaccines so have to mix dose (which is a whole other issue in that they aren't considered double dosed and can't get a vaccination certificate even after both doses)

It also depends on where you live as to what level of access to any vaccine you have, a lot of GPs won't give AZ to under 40s that can get it so if they can't get to a state run clinic they can't currently get vaccinated which in Metro regions is less of an issue theoretically but yeah they've been acting like its just people not doing the right thing for months when its been a supply and accessibility issue and they still have supply and accessibility issues

It's just gaslighting and laziness lumping all unvaccinated people into the it's your own fault bucket

I think ANZ workers and families and acquaintances got their Pzs in Sydney this weekend

I have no idea which communties have more covid nor do I give a sh*t, but I doubt you have a breakdown of covid cases by ethnicity, even if you did I'm sure there would be more complex reasons some groups have more covid rather than their dickheads like you are insinuating.
At the end of the day every single one of us is going to get covid, so why the fu** would you blame people for catching it. The rules are extremely restrictive, not everyone who breaks them is a *******.

I have no idea which communties have more covid nor do I give a sh*t, but I doubt you have a breakdown of covid cases by ethnicity,

Islam is not an 'ethnicity', it is a religion followed by many groups of people such as from Europe (some Slavs/Easter Europeans), Africa, Asia, Middle East etc..

You don't have to be Einstein to work out from the language used (pc weasel words such as diverse communities to cover up the fact it's a religious community, not an ethic one) and the fact that Islamic schools (and suburbs in the North and West of Melbourne where the are large populations of Muslims of every ethnicity compared to other 'diverse' suburbs) have repeatedly being near the epicentres of the major outbreaks in the same regions last year and this year.

The only dickheads that are those that have their heads in the sand about this issue and want to protect this 'religious' community for their own selfish political agenda at the expense of the rest of Melbourne, Victoria and Australia. The West and North of Melbourne is Labor's heartland and the likes of Andrews do not want to jeopardize the stranglehold they have in these areas by bringing measures that hardcore lefties would label 'bigoted' hence why everyone else in Melbourne has to suffer for the selfishness of these 'dickheads' in the West and North of Melbourne as you so eloquently put it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For anyone hoping to see the end of the pandemic over the next three to six months, scientists have some bad news. It won’t be over in six months.

Almost everyone will be either infected or vaccinated before the pandemic ends, experts agree. Maybe both. An unlucky few will contract the virus more than once.

The race between the waves of transmission that lead to new variants and the battle to get the globe inoculated won’t be over until the coronavirus has touched all of us.

One key danger is if a vaccine-resistant variant develops, although it is not the only risk ahead.
“We’re going to see hills and valleys, at least for the next several years as we get more vaccine out.
That’s going to help. But the challenge is going to be: How big will the hills and valleys be, in terms of their distance?” Osterholm said.

“We don’t know. But I can just tell you, this is a coronavirus forest fire that will not stop until it finds all the human wood that it can burn.”

History shows the commonly held belief that viruses automatically get milder over time — to avoid completely wiping out their host population — is wrong, according to Simonsen.

Although new mutations aren’t always more severe than their predecessors, “pandemics can in fact get more deadly during the pandemic period, as the virus is adapting to its new host,” she said.

What seems clear is that the pandemic will not be over in six months. Experts generally agree that the current outbreak will be tamed once most people — perhaps 90 per cent to 95 per cent of the global population — have a degree of immunity thanks to immunisation or previous infection.

406c19ca093641c9b942023251245762f0b62427

For anyone hoping to see the end of the pandemic over the next three to six months, scientists have some bad news. It won’t be over in six months.

Almost everyone will be either infected or vaccinated before the pandemic ends, experts agree. Maybe both. An unlucky few will contract the virus more than once.

The race between the waves of transmission that lead to new variants and the battle to get the globe inoculated won’t be over until the coronavirus has touched all of us.

One key danger is if a vaccine-resistant variant develops, although it is not the only risk ahead.
“We’re going to see hills and valleys, at least for the next several years as we get more vaccine out.
That’s going to help. But the challenge is going to be: How big will the hills and valleys be, in terms of their distance?” Osterholm said.

“We don’t know. But I can just tell you, this is a coronavirus forest fire that will not stop until it finds all the human wood that it can burn.”

History shows the commonly held belief that viruses automatically get milder over time — to avoid completely wiping out their host population — is wrong, according to Simonsen.

Although new mutations aren’t always more severe than their predecessors, “pandemics can in fact get more deadly during the pandemic period, as the virus is adapting to its new host,” she said.

What seems clear is that the pandemic will not be over in six months. Experts generally agree that the current outbreak will be tamed once most people — perhaps 90 per cent to 95 per cent of the global population — have a degree of immunity thanks to immunisation or previous infection.

Spanish flu is still around. This will be same sorta deal i guess

Islam is not an 'ethnicity', it is a religion followed by many groups of people such as from Europe (some Slavs/Easter Europeans), Africa, Asia, Middle East etc..

You don't have to be Einstein to work out from the language used (pc weasel words such as diverse communities to cover up the fact it's a religious community, not an ethic one) and the fact that Islamic schools (and suburbs in the North and West of Melbourne where the are large populations of Muslims of every ethnicity compared to other 'diverse' suburbs) have repeatedly being near the epicentres of the major outbreaks in the same regions last year and this year.

The only dickheads that are those that have their heads in the sand about this issue and want to protect this 'religious' community for their own selfish political agenda at the expense of the rest of Melbourne, Victoria and Australia. The West and North of Melbourne is Labor's heartland and the likes of Andrews do not want to jeopardize the stranglehold they have in these areas by bringing measures that hardcore lefties would label 'bigoted' hence why everyone else in Melbourne has to suffer for the selfishness of these 'dickheads' in the West and North of Melbourne as you so eloquently put it.
It's a contagious virus that has impacted people all over the world. It is not exclusive to certain religions. There are selfish dickheads in every single community so why are we only highlighting the ones from the Western suburbs. If there are more cases in the West, maybe there are other factors besides just them all been selfish dickheads.

I had my second on Friday. Saturday spent the afternoon in bed, headache, chills, fatigue, aches. 90% fine by Sunday but not something I'd want to repeat every 6-12 months to keep up a defined 'vaccinated' status.

I had mine last Monday and had the same side effects, I've had worse flus that have lasted longer but I still wouldn't want to go through it again.

It's one of the reasons I've never got a flu vaccination as they can make you pretty sick too and unlike Covid the flu is unlikely to be life threatening.

It's a contagious virus that has impacted people all over the world. It is not exclusive to certain religions. There are selfish dickheads in every single community so why are we only highlighting the ones from the Western suburbs. If there are more cases in the West, maybe there are other factors besides just them all been selfish dickheads.

And maybe there isn't... I think that's what this discussion is getting at.

Spanish flu is still around. This will be same sorta deal i guess
Yep, it is here forever.

Just got to get vaccinated, make sure our health system can cope with future hospitalisations and push on with life.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back