Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

About time they put an end to people going to cafes. Disgraceful how many were at them all throughout the last week. Especially those 65+ who don’t seem to care at all that they are at great risk.

They need to seriously look at limiting supermarket patrons too. All throughout last week at my work the same regular elderly in there all 5 days, just buying stuff for the sake of it every day. They don’t seem to understand or care at all about gathering with so many others who could pass them the virus unknowingly.

It's fitting for Australia, which was a convict island, are sent to an even nicer island t be detained.

But as we have seen, you can swim back to the mainland in about 9 hours even if you're on one arm

Rottnest used to be a prison for aboriginal convicts, it wasn't a nice holiday island back then, no Rotto pub, bakery or Red Rooster in those days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's bullshit. Fair enough if you've lost your job because of it. But why does an existing recipient now need more money? How has life changed for them?

The existing one should have been raised earlier.

We wouldn't even need to double this payment if that occurred, since existing recipients would have a little more money than they do now.

It's bullshit. Fair enough if you've lost your job because of it. But why does an existing recipient now need more money? How has life changed for them?
Maybe, with a lot of people fearing for their jobs, now is the time to stop demonising the unemployed. A good reason why existing recipients need more could be that it’s always been inadequate.

Maybe, with a lot of people fearing for their jobs, now is the time to stop demonising the unemployed. A good reason why existing recipients need more could be that it’s always been inadequate.
Not demonising the unemployed. Just that the government has to use money to put out a lot of fires now, and I'm not sure giving it to people whose circumstances are least affected by this is the best use of it. As I said, those who have lost their jobs because of COVID absolutely should receive support.

These are essential workplaces according to Scomo from last Wednesday. So a lot of us will still be required to go back to work.

View attachment 844833
So I’ve an office job in sales do I become deemed as essential?
Seeing we provide building infrastructure (steel) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back