Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing the behaviour of people for the last month or so it’s honestly hard to look beyond yourself and your family/friends. Plenty of Australians have proven to be complete and utter campaigners.

The absolute worst of humanity has come out. No that doesn’t mean I subscribe to the theory that we should let heaps die but it’s easy to see why people are getting annoyed with this just stay home stuff.

People aren’t just giving up birthday drinks either. It’s far more than that.

Then roll in the tanks to enforce martial law then because we may as well give up if you don't think the vast majority of people are willing to sacrifice for the common good. If others are wavering - then it's our responsibility to help bring them back into the community. Forgot those that deliberately cough on nurses, or hold secret parties, they'll be dealt with by the law.

Call me naive but I like to think Australians are generally a decent bunch and that we'll overcome this. It's our biggest challenge since WWII, sure, but that doesn't mean it's hopeless.

Brazil has recorded it first Covid-19 case amongst its Indigenous Amazon population today.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Source? I didn't think the Amazon tribes went to doctors? I also didn't think they had contact for someone outside their tribe for exactly this reason

Its already too late.
Australian medical personnel stating we are prepared to combat it. Yeah, right.
Its a pandemic.
We should have closed our borders to anyone travelling from China.
Just yesterday we had a plane land from the infected city in Sydney. God knows how many more got through.
The virus has a 14 day incubation period where infected people show no signs.
This is gonna be bad :(
Jan 24.
Blind Freddy could see we had a problem.
But no, it wouldnt be economically fiscal to shut our borders to the outside world. How's that monetary cost looking now in comparison?
We would now be virus free and tooling up to pump out medical/PPE supplies to the world. Our economy would just be going into overdrive.
What a s**t show.

Can comfortably tell you it is the old people with blatant disregard for the measures. Had issues previously with all ages at beaches etc obviously but that’s gone. They far exceed any other ages. The message isn’t getting through and we will continue to be in this mess as long as this sort of pathetic selfish behaviour continues. People cannot get it through their head that the supermarket shouldn’t be visited daily.

The measures exist to save everyone sure but old people are the ones most at risk so when they continue to spit in the face of the government they are almost wasting time.

It’s a joke.
I mean if they aren't doing the right thing and they get it and die that sounds like Darwinism at work.

I'm not really upset by stupid people getting themselves killed.

The issue is how many other people the stupid ones get killed. We've had multiple age groups cause infection and not follow the rules.

Your experience might be with older people others might not.

Dumb is dumb and it knows no age limits

Then roll in the tanks to enforce martial law then because we may as well give up if you don't think the vast majority of people are willing to sacrifice for the common good. If others are wavering - then it's our responsibility to help bring them back into the community. Forgot those that deliberately cough on nurses, or hold secret parties, they'll be dealt with by the law.

Call me naive but I like to think Australians are generally a decent bunch and that we'll overcome this. It's our biggest challenge since WWII, sure, but that doesn't mean it's hopeless.
We might as well roll in the tanks because this country is full of dickheads who can’t stay home.

It’s as hopeless a situation as I’ve ever seen.

After seeing the behaviour of people for the last month or so it’s honestly hard to look beyond yourself and your family/friends. Plenty of Australians have proven to be complete and utter campaigners.

The absolute worst of humanity has come out. No that doesn’t mean I subscribe to the theory that we should let heaps die but it’s easy to see why people are getting annoyed with this just stay home stuff.

People aren’t just giving up birthday drinks either. It’s far more than that. Why do people keep trying to downplay what this is causing?

I still think the majority are doing the right thing and a lot of good has come out of it.

Lots of bipartisan decisions being made politically too.

Now we can always point to things being done wrong, but it’s a tough situation and overall I think we are going ok.

Should of acted quicker than we did, but we have still been better than most of Europe and the USA.

God damn these cruise ships. They are like mosquitoes; useless and annoying.
Unbelievable that after the Diamond Princess that people were still going on them and the companies still ******* went ahead with them. Cruises are floating petri dishes, it's no surprise that they are the clusters of many outbreaks.

Page 1 of this thread BTW.
It'll be bad but we'll get through it, it just means that we'll have to make a number of sacrifices for a few months but it'll be for the better. You mentioned infected planes from China when many of our imported cases came from the States. I knew from the get go that they would be absolutely rooted.

We might as well roll in the tanks because this country is full of dickheads who can’t stay home.

It’s as hopeless a situation as I’ve ever seen.

Looking at the roads, foot traffic, stores closing left right in centre would indicate most are staying home.

At a guess I reckon about 80-85% are doing the right thing.

Unbelievable that after the Diamond Princess that people were still going on them and the companies still ******* went ahead with them. Cruises are floating petri dishes, it's no surprise that they are the clusters of many outbreaks.

It'll be bad but we'll get through it, it just means that we'll have to make a number of sacrifices for a few months but it'll be for the better. You mentioned infected planes from China when many of our imported cases came from the States. I knew from the get go that they would be absolutely rooted.
Sorry, I thought I was fast enough to sneak that comment in re my own post. Apologies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read that too. The question is how?

Further reading suggests it may have been a Brazilian doctor that has had contact with the tribe. The tribeswoman who is a nurse worked with the doctor, who had been on holiday in Southern Brazil before going back to work.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Looking at the roads, foot traffic, stores closing left right in centre would indicate most are staying home.

A lot of the traffic I see is mostly tradies and those who can't work at home.

My Commute normally takes 20-25 minutes each way. I've been doing it in 10-15.

This line of thinking is selfish.

If me staying at home more often and cancelling my birthday party saves just one life it's worth it. If you're happy to sacrifice hundreds - well, where is this line you want to draw? Would you be okay if it was one of your relatives that were part of the hundreds? It's not just old and frail people dying you know.
You cant see big picture. You dont step over dollars to grab cents in business. You dont make millions suffer to save hundreds.

This could be handled with mostly keeping life together with closed borders (and domestic borders short term). Instead up to 2 million will lose their jobs here, many retirements ruined, many bankruptcies coming, many business folding. You have lost all perspective with this virus

Make sure you stay in and cancel everything when you get a sniffle this winter. The flu is just as dangerous to someone who is compromised but this is the perspective youre missing. This new one on the news 24/7 has cost people their ability to think rationally and logically

The better people follow it the less long it will take.

And if you just let it run it’s course in Australia as a free for all you’d have at least 250000 deaths.

You’d have to be pretty sadistic to think it’s not worth worrying about.

Would you? Based on what model? How do you know it is accurate? What do you believe the real fatality rate to be? Are you sure that the long-term impacts on people's lives will not actually be worse than the alleged prevention occurring at the moment?

Has anybody been following this #FilmYourHospital trend on twitter?

If so, what do you make of it?

Here's an example:

I didn't realise they treat people outside hospitals? I was led to believe most of the work in hospitals is inside.

This filmyourhospital trend is bullshit. Just a bunch of crazy Americans trying to manufacture another conspiracy theory. It's no wonder they are in deep s**t and will be in even deeper s**t over the next two months.

Judging by my area and the cbd id say we are easily at 85% here. Bus i catch to work is chockers daily and its lucky to be 2-3% full now. F all open for lunch in cbd, no one around.

Begs the question, how long can people be expected to do this? You dont come out of life alive, thats a sad reality. We cant save everyone but for some reason that seems to be the goal here. An impossibility has changed our way of life...

Can comfortably tell you it is the old people with blatant disregard for the measures. Had issues previously with all ages at beaches etc obviously but that’s gone. They far exceed any other ages. The message isn’t getting through and we will continue to be in this mess as long as this sort of pathetic selfish behaviour continues. People cannot get it through their head that the supermarket shouldn’t be visited daily.

The measures exist to save everyone sure but old people are the ones most at risk so when they continue to spit in the face of the government they are almost wasting time.

It’s a joke.

For a lot of oldies the daily trip to the supermarket is their main social outing for the day, that's why they chew the ears off the checkout people.

Hard to get them to stop doing that unless the govt just ban old people from supermarkets and force them to get home deliveries.

God damn these cruise ships. They are like mosquitoes; useless, annoying and potentially deadly.

Can't believe how many of them are still floating around out there, they should send them all down to Antarctica and let the penguins deal with them.

I’m changing from “everything will be ok in the end” to real anxiety on an almost daily basis. A chemist employee very close to my work has now tested positive in a shopping centre that is still teeming with mainly elderly people popping out for a couple of items or for an outing. I would be serving customers who shop at this centre every day at my work (bottleshop).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back