Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There aren't millions of Americans in a National Antihealthcare Association, and this is disaster is magnitudes bigger than a gun massacre. They're all going to know someone who died or someone they know will know someone who died.

Even if they have a family member that dies it probably won't make a difference. As with the NRA, the lobbyists in the health and insurance industries will find some way of blocking change by paying of the politicians and shaping the popular narrative amongst the unworldly populace that the USA will somehow turn into Cuba or the Soviet Union. The best hope would be President Sanders in control of both houses and even then it would be difficult. The system is stacked against reform. Too much money and influence in big business.

Has Morrison been outside lately?

Plenty aren’t listening. Park, beaches etc are flooded with idiots. Plenty still trying to go to cafes etc.

Why does he think this approach is working? The selfish *******s coming from overseas who likely have Coronavirus don’t even think they need to stay home. Others who likely don’t at this stage have the exact same attitude.

Why do we keep delaying the inevitable?
Tony Abbott wouldn't stand for this crap and with his tough man tactics would have the whole country locked down in a police state.

Isn't that right Freomaniac.

Yeah the message doesn’t seem to be gettin through, complete lock down is going to rattle a few people.
It doesn’t make sense though 1 rule for the whole of Australia. Each State should be able make the calls on the lock down as it’s a balancing act. NSW is getting out of control but WA know’s where all it’s cases originated from.

WA has now shut off the rural regions from Tuesday so it doesn’t spread from Perth. If successful, in a few weeks/month they might be able to loosen some rules in certain areas.

This is why a lockdown is the only viable option. Young people somehow think they're invincible when many are still being hospitalised with some even dying.
TBF there is no sense in hairdressers being open but you cant sit in the wide open spaces at the beach. If people are getting upset at this, be upset at the policy makers more than the people. Many of whom probably have spaced out more than those at the shops...

Why does it take our government until now to work out people are completely selfish and they need to be guarded on quarantine?
Cause the government wants selfish people. Better to have people distracted bickering with each other.

Here's how Walter Riccardi, an adviser to the Italian health minister, explains it:

I would have thought that if they are dying earlier than they would have without the disease then it has played some kind of role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like how the ABC live coverage writer Peter Marsh has become so exasperated at the message not getting through that he's now posting 'stay at home' replies in meme formats.

If you have to ask 'what about...' - chances are, it's not essential travel.

If some nutjob walking into a primary school gunning down a dozen kids couldn't change gun laws in the US, then nothing could. But I digress...

Source? Need to get people taking pictures and circulate it on social media.

I only found this

imagine if the patrons were asian!

c9f82f31499fbae8a21bcd0399fd63e00c1d2043-16x9-x0y0w1304h734.png

some may be

Tony Abbott wouldn't stand for this crap and with his tough man tactics would have the whole country locked down in a police state.

Isn't that right Freomaniac.
No Man, Woman, Child, Animal or God will stop Tough Man Tony Abbott wear budgie smugglers in a corona virus pandemic lol

...I thought they did.

Australians have a right to come home

i agree.
argument is that but its not early (enough)

well thats the argument ive heard.

like this

"we shouldve closed the borders from january when we knew this was coming. but no we just wanna let everyone in"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back