Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only found this

imagine if the patrons were asian!

c9f82f31499fbae8a21bcd0399fd63e00c1d2043-16x9-x0y0w1304h734.png

some may be
are they closer than kids in a class room?

People who think we are going to be under martial law (at this stage) with armed soldiers walking around are mistaken I think.

All it will be is a pair of guys rocking up to a list of houses they are given for that local area, making sure said people are at home and ticking them off a list. If they aren't there then they will notify police. They will not be waiting around the corner in an ambush to then drag the person off to prison once they return from their mates place.

It is purely a man power thing as there are 60,000 regs who are sitting around getting paid anyway plus 20,000 reserves (who should be a last resort as they cost a lot of money).

I am on the standby reserve list after discharging from the Army 5 years ago and was emailed the other day about whether I'd be willing to re-join the reserves to help with any extra man power requirements that may be needed due to this current situation. I said yes and hope I get to help some way/sort of hope it doesn't get that bad that I am needed anyway.

People who think we are going to be under martial law (at this stage) with armed soldiers walking around are mistaken I think.

All it will be is a pair of guys rocking up to a list of houses they are given for that local area, making sure said people are at home and ticking them off a list. If they aren't there then they will notify police. They will not be waiting around the corner in an ambush to then drag the person off to prison once they return from their mates place.

It is purely a man power thing as there are 60,000 regs who are sitting around getting paid anyway plus 20,000 reserves (who should be a last resort as they cost a lot of money).

I am on the standby reserve list after discharging from the Army 5 years ago and was emailed the other day about whether I'd be willing to re-join the reserves to help with any extra man power requirements that may be needed due to this current situation. I said yes and hope I get to help some way/sort of hope it doesn't get that bad that I am needed anyway.

Ah, so it'll merely be house arrest.

I have a mate who is in the SAS and he has told me that they've been briefed on the fact they may be required to do some "private" work within Australia over the coming weeks.

Also spoke to another close friend within the Navy who said they've been moving a lot of supplies to Christmas Island over the last week.

I think it is a totally unreasonable upheaval of the relationship between the state and the people that we have in this country.

For public safety reasons a person known to carry an uncurable and highly contagious disease that has a real chance of causing hospitalisation and death should damn well be forced to quarantine by the state if required.

WA has already had it's first house arrest - notice how no one is criticising it?

Not minding self isolation to be honest.

I'm working from home and thankfully my wife is working from home too so not being completely alone is great.

My team does a video call every morning at 9 and we talk rubbish for about 10 mins. I call other colleagues randomly about s**t during the day.

The fact we can still exercise and go outside is a big plus.

Facetimed with mates last night, that was a lot of fun. Gonna be the new norm for a while.

For public safety reasons a person known to carry an uncurable and highly contagious disease that has a real chance of causing hospitalisation and death should damn well be forced to quarantine by the state if required.

WA has already had it's first house arrest - notice how no one is criticising it?

It has been disappointing to learn how uninterested you are in questioning anything.

Remind me how many deaths there have been in WA again?

Im not saying this to troll, i know people think i havent taken this as seriously as others. You need to take a break from this. Youre hysterical and paranoid, much more than others. Step away from the news for a day, take your mind off it. I mean it sincerely, take a break. You seem constantly so much more OTT than everyone else

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has been disappointing to learn how uninterested you are in questioning anything.

Remind me how many deaths there have been in WA again?

It won't stay at that number.

I don't profess to be an expert on this. But I'm listening to the experts. Do you believe these measures as they have been introduced in the past few weeks are unreasonable and over the top? Serious question.

Im not saying this to troll, i know people think i havent taken this as seriously as others. You need to take a break from this. Youre hysterical and paranoid, much more than others. Step away from the news for a day, take your mind off it. I mean it sincerely, take a break. You seem constantly so much more OTT than everyone else

It's a real issue. If I get coronavirus there is a pretty good chance I won't require hospitalisation and a near certain chance I won't die. This doesn't mean I'm not going to follow government advice for the sake of those that are at real risk. Like with Speaker above - do you think these measures are unreasonable and over the top?

I have a mate who is in the SAS and he has told me that they've been briefed on the fact they may be required to do some "private" work within Australia over the coming weeks.

Also spoke to another close friend within the Navy who said they've been moving a lot of supplies to Christmas Island over the last week.

If your mate is shooting his mouth off about this upcoming "private" work it's a bit of a surprise he passed selection. Also I would question what role the SAS would need to play in this crisis. Not sure we're at the stage we need to take out a few asylum seekers or curfew breakers? Unless there's a gang of Chinese spies running around deliberately spreading the virus?

If your mate is shooting his mouth off about this upcoming "private" work it's a bit of a surprise he passed selection. Also I would question what role the SAS would need to play in this crisis. Not sure we're at the stage we need to take out a few asylum seekers or curfew breakers? Unless there's a gang of Chinese spies running around deliberately spreading the virus?
They might need to move people of importance from place to place

Is it just me or are Germany's numbers starting to rise rapidly?

47,406 cases
3340 increase today (7%)
281 deaths, increased 14 today

Been watching a few zombie apocalypse/end of the world type movies this week. They have a whole different feel watching them during a pandemic, even though we obviously don't have zombies running around lol

It won't stay at that number.

I don't profess to be an expert on this. But I'm listening to the experts. Do you believe these measures as they have been introduced in the past few weeks are unreasonable and over the top? Serious question.

I think Sweden's approach to date, unlike ours and even more in so many other countries, has been measured, responsible and reasonable. Despite what certain others in this thread have suggested, I agree that there is a somewhat higher risk than a typical influenza from this virus because it is new, but not by enough to be truly significant. What is now happening is that systems that already get regularly overrun during bad influenza seasons are getting overrun again, and also have to deal with the added stress of human intervention - people desperately seeking to be tested, mass panic, people being isolated and the mental health problems that pop up from it, and the like. It is a good thing that attention is being drawn to how limited many countries' capacity for a medical crisis is.

However, those same health systems will now also have less capacity to deal with other health crises that will come up in future, as governments will seek to cut spending to pay for the enormous stimulus packages put together as a result of shutting everything down.

This is simply the conclusion I have drawn from the available information, including the opinions of 'experts' who are not in lock step with the alleged consensus.

Is there a possibility that things will change? Sure. But it is unlikely on the evidence presented so far.

They might need to move people of importance from place to place

What, like taking ScMo to the supermarket or something? It's a pandemic not a civil war. Standard protection should be up to the task of stopping people coughing on him.

If you're talking about moving prisoners or infected people around, surely the Police, Corrections or the regular military could do the job?

Still don't get it.

What, like taking ScMo to the supermarket or something? It's a pandemic not a civil war. Standard protection should be up to the task of stopping people coughing on him.

If you're talking about moving prisoners or infected people around, surely the Police, Corrections or the regular military could do the job?

Still don't get it.
Private work to me means moving very wealthy people to where they would like to be with as little fuss and hindrance as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back