Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it irresponsible to go fishing at a nearby river? Currently we are allowed outside for exercise, so fishing doesn't seem much different. I'd be around less people than if I were home.

Is it irresponsible to go fishing at a nearby river? Currently we are allowed outside for exercise, so fishing doesn't seem much different. I'd be around less people than if I were home.
Surely thats fine but depends who you ask. Some people just keep screaming "stay inside", rocking back and forth in panic sweats. Dont ask them

I figure any outdoor activity done by yourself or even with immediate family with absolute minimal contact with anyone else shoukd be fine.

The main caveat is limiting exposure to surfaces the virus can live on.

On the face if it your activity shoukd be fine, and good for your mental health.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

111 new cases in Victoria. I'm sure these idiots who celebrated the fact we had back to back days of stable diagnosis will think it's an anomaly.

Quite scary to think droplets can stay suspended in the air for up to half an hour before dropping.
Not sure where you've got this from, but as far as I'm aware the only research paper on this required the droplets to be put in a nebuliser to suspend them in the air, so it's not something we have to be concerned about.

I would personally say it's fine as long as it's not a popular spot. If you're not around people, or around surfaces a lot of people are touching, it's not all that relevant, especially if you are living in the country (I grew up in rural FNQ and I'd be surprised if some of the places I hung out would have had more than 10 people visiting them on a week to week basis).

I'm no scientist but wouldn't this be against the laws of gravity?
CO2 is heavier than O and yet they mix and remain suspended
The virus particles are small enough to get through an average mask and would remain suspended in air streams before they drop to the ground is my understanding
Vaguely remember reading this is temp related and 27C was the magic figure that got it to drop earlier than colder temps ?????

Again Im no scientist just what ive added together from what Ive read

Wasn't going to vote but drove past a polling booth that only had a couple of people there so braved the elements.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad they are replacing toilet paper shelves with Easter Eggs. :drunk:

510bad4eca2e112a04c0c1801a94ec59

It would be to free up space out the back. I worked for Coles for over 10 years and saw it annually.

Easter products turn up the week that the new year begins in January and sits on pallets out the back until head office give the green light to put out on the shop floor. With the current climate, stores would have run out of toilet paper, hand towel etc (which are other products that arrive on pallets) due to space shortages in the stores with that space taken up by bloody easter eggs. Even before this pandemic and panic buying, it were always an issue annually.

The little regional managers who don't exist or live in the real world, would be having panic babies over stores displaying empty shelves and would have demanded that empty shelves be filled with easter product. Stores who did that (the above photo) without approval from "head office" would result in line managers being reprimanded or "re-positioned".

CO2 is heavier than O and yet they mix and remain suspended
The virus particles are small enough to get through an average mask and would remain suspended in air streams before they drop to the ground is my understanding
Vaguely remember reading this is temp related and 27C was the magic figure that got it to drop earlier than colder temps ?????

Again Im no scientist just what ive added together from what Ive read
I think you're correct but for 30 minutes! Seems insane.

I found the supermarket really easy and friendly and everyone spread well. People were happy in the line up to separate and the check out person found it a lot easier and smoother.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Went to the supermarket reluctantly this morning and there were so many people there. People were lining up down aisles and leaving the main walkway free. However I did get a sense that people weren't taking social distancing seriously. I saw a few people in masks, and maybe a few people like me doing everything they could to avoid others, but generally a lot of people don't see to be too bothered

Here's the latest on what is coming up re dentist restrictions when/if Australia/parts of Australia, are moved to "Level 3" restrictions.

Government announces level 3 restrictions for dentistry
26 March 2020

This information has just been received from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC), comprised of all state and territory Chief Health Officers and chaired by the Australian Chief Medical Officer.

Below is an excerpt from the advice provided by the AHPPC which will be published shortly and provided to the National Cabinet:Dental Services
"AHPPC recommends adopting the ‘Managing COVID-19 Guidelines’ published by the ADA and implementing a triage system for dental practice. AHPPC recommends that all dental practices implement level 3 restrictions as outlined in ADA’s guidance. That is, dentists should only perform dental treatments that do not generate aerosols, or where treatment generating aerosols is limited. All routine examinations and treatments should be deferred."
Government has set an expectation that measures introduced across the board may become more restrictive and continue for an extended period.

Some physio clinics have already started to shut down face to face services and are only doing telehealth advice.

Physio Freedom owner Clif Watt this week announced that he would close the doors to his Warrnambool and Hamilton clinics as of 6pm Friday.

He said the decision was made in an effort to stop the spread of the coronavirus as quickly as possible.
"As a team we decided that it was in the best interest of the community to close our doors. Although we are deemed essential workers, we feel that unfortunately a physiotherapy private practice is a prime place for the spread of germs," he said.
"Obviously we have taken the utmost care to follow all the guidelines set out by the government, but in our view as a community we need to go down into lock down sooner rather than later to get on top of this virus."
Physio Freedom employs six physiotherapists, a myotherapist and six receptionists across its two clinics.
Mr Watt said all reception staff were stood down temporarily.
"We will continue to practice via telehealth and it is likely that three physiotherapists will provide this service," he said...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back