Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why the 2 person rule if I'm not allowed to gather at all?

Because some people are keen to only follow the letter of the law and not the spirit. If it means putting a limit of 2 to get the message across, so be it.

No non-essential gatherings. Thought this would be crystal clear by now nationwide.

Because some people are keen to only follow the letter of the law and not the spirit. If it means putting a limit of 2 to get the message across, so be it.

No non-essential gatherings. Thought this would be crystal clear by now nationwide.
Not really because they've said gatherings of no more than 2 people, which indicates social gatherings are fine as long as they're small

Not really because they've said gatherings of no more than 2 people, which indicates social gatherings are fine as long as they're small

Then hang out with whoever you want one-on-one if you intend on pushing the limits of the rule.

So why the 2 person rule if I'm not allowed to gather at all?
You tell people they can't gather with anyone at all and they'll gather in groups of 5.

You tell people they can gather but only with one other person and they'll probably be more likely to comply I reckon.

Are you advocating for no contact or more contact?

Then hang out with whoever you want one-on-one if you intend on pushing the limits of the rule.
I have no intentions of gathering with anyone

You tell people they can't gather with anyone at all and they'll gather in groups of 5.

You tell people they can gather but only with one other person and they'll probably be more likely to comply I reckon.
That's the stupid part. It's a mixed message. On the one hand, gatherings of 2 are fine, but don't go out unless it's essential.

That's the stupid part. It's a mixed message. On the one hand, gatherings of 2 are fine, but don't go out unless it's essential.
Meaning essential gatherings should be limited to two people where possible and non essential gatherings should happen over the internet

Advocating for clearer messages.
It's not unclear. Don't see anyone you don't have to. If you have to see someone, don't see them with anyone else.
Don't gather in public. Don't chat with people you know at the supermarket.

If you see two people you know talking in public don't make it there.

It's a guideline for social distancing
Which some states are enforcing. So if you live into hay state don't bitch about the fine if you ignore the two person rule

I don't think it's mixed at all. No non-essential gatherings ie multiple people together for non-essential purposes. Like I said, not the letter of the law but the spirit is what you should follow. Do you try and measure out 1.6m to people as well when out and about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meaning essential gatherings should be limited to two people where possible and non essential gatherings should happen over the internet
Not according to Dan Andrews:

Most Victorians are doing the right thing and I’m grateful to them. But we continue to see instances of people gathering in significant numbers so we must do more.

That’s why we are also restricting gatherings to no more than two people except for members of your immediate household and for work or education

I don't think it's mixed at all. No non-essential gatherings ie multiple people together for non-essential purposes. Like I said, not the letter of the law but the spirit is what you should follow. Do you try and measure out 1.6m to people as well when out and about?
Yeah, but if they're fining people, the letter of the law is pretty important.

Not according to Dan Andrews:

Most Victorians are doing the right thing and I’m grateful to them. But we continue to see instances of people gathering in significant numbers so we must do more.

That’s why we are also restricting gatherings to no more than two people except for members of your immediate household and for work or education
If that doesn't make sense to you then just stay home

It's not that difficult

I love a good wet market in Asia
If they identified the problem and that was Pangolin and eliminated it then it shouldn't be a problem
Sure its not Australian hygiene standards but they never are they are a traditonal part of life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back