Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. (Proviso that it's up and running). It will be soon and it can make a big difference.

By the way. It has drained 2-4% of my battery each day and is always in the background. Battery optimization is off so it does use a fair bit of battery.

My battery is dying substantially quicker at work today, I'll leave it on for a month, if restrictions haven't eased much by the start of June I'll delete the app.

No reported cases in New Zeland today they are the same level as us. I wonder who will get to Level 2 sooner.

Jacinta Arden is meeting with the Australian National Cabinet on Tuesday.

My battery is dying substantially quicker at work today, I'll leave it on for a month, if restrictions haven't eased much by the start of June I'll delete the app.

You should be able to go through settings and check percentage in battery usage that CovidSafe app is using. The phone you use will have something to do with it.

Apologies then if it came off that way, but I'm one that is critical of both the PRC and US. When I said 'all this' I meant the current controversy with the Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's remarks about the coronavirus.

My views are the CCP is practicing (as usual) systemic cover-ups and censorship and lack of transparency, and Trump's administration bungling the response and now practicing deflection towards PRC to distract attention from their mishandling.
Trump maybe distracting, but seriously, who cares if he is, it doesn't change anything.

What will change things, CCP come clean if they know anything, maybe we then learn how and why and can maybe stop the next one.

So who do we believe then?

China don't seem to want anyone to know where it came from.

If the stories are true, why are there people missing that could have told us where it came from[You know why-as The Sun link, 2.5, below highlights]
And by the way even in the incredible chance that came from a lab, it changes very little.[If covid-19 escaped from the Wuhan lab studying bat viruses, China will be excoriated much more strongly over its culpability]

UK Sun P.Murray 2.5

"Why did it (CCP) keep the news of the virus (which UK scientists, & others, have estimated that China underreported their covid nos. by 15-40 times) to itself for so many weeks (at least to mid November, maybe earlier, according to the South China Morning Post secret, leaked govt. documents)? Why did it pretend it is not lethal as we now (after the disastrous nos. began to emerge in nthn. Italy, from mid March- all my words) know it is?"

"Or pretend that it was hard to transmit? Why did they refuse to allow in Inspectors from the WHO?
And why have the WHO now been refused inclusion in China's own investigation! (my exclamation) into the origins of covid-19?".

"If the CCP knew that the virus had leaked from there (ie Wuhan biological warfare laboratory, from natural bat viruses they were studying- my words), then its cover-up is even more appalling- because they knew exactly what they-and soon the world- were dealing with".

Why did the CCP allow its citizens to travel all over the world, knowing many would be spreading covid-19?

In the second week of January, China reported it had no further cases of the new, mysterious disease- then it locked down Wuhan on 24.1, & all of Hubei province (60m) a few days after 24.1!
It also publicly admitted, for the first time on 24.1, it had "discovered" the disease could be transmissible from human-to-human- I hope these scientists are not also involved into China's ongoing "investigation" into the origins of covid-19!

Don't believe anybody (but especially Trump).
False equivalence.
There is NO COMPARISON to the blood-soaked CCP. The CCP has been telling monstrous lies since the 1920's, & has been responsible for many tens of millions of deaths.

Why haven't you answered my questions to you in post #6833, which is linked here?
(Scroll to post 6833)

I believe we do not know, in detail, where it came from.

We know, approximately where, and approximately when, and will probably never know in detail, more than that.
Is it because the CCP has probably murdered the whistleblower doctors & reporters who have "disappeared"?
And other whistleblowers know thy would probably face the same fate?

Last edited:
This is getting worst and worst for China... I can see them being alienated on the world stage, the evidence is becoming absolute in terms of them being criminally compliant in providing misinformation and purposely lying to the global community about the true origins of Covid19 and the impact it has as a human to human to virus.

That's my point. Some of those calling for an inquiry are those who've already blamed China for what's occurred within their borders, and probably like you, couldn't conceive their culpability as being any less than they've presupposed.

I'm all for an impartial, non-political, inquiry aimed at fact finding. And I think countries like Australia and their citizens should have the balls to wear whatever cost pushing for that comes at (and I'm not talking about expenditure here), but as so many on here demonstrate, the motivation seems not driven by impartiality, to which I can see why China object as they do, despite finding their method of objection childish. I mean no one called for an inquiry when the US ignored CDC recommendations on how to contain the spread of H1N1, so there has to be one standard for all, otherwise it's just a politcal farce.

That's all anyone including slo mo is calling for, an independent inquiry to the origins and the why. Yet Chinese public officials like the ambassador to Australia are in defensive mode for no known reason, unless they think there is an ulterior motive for which they have no reason to think that. Or it maybe that they do indeed have something to hide.

The reactions suggest they do.

Whichever you boil it down and dissect it originated from somewhere and for a reason, seems likely it was in China. There is no known reason an investigation should not be conducted for the purposes of future preparations.

If China is held to account for incompetence and or conspiracy then so be it, bad luck, that's life.

What are your opinions of the reactions of Chinese officials for an innocent investigation?

What amuses me is people like to just bring Trump up as the deflector.

The USA is not the only country effected by this, yes, he may be deflecting, but, is it a lie that this came from China?

What do you make of China threatening trade bans on Australia, deflection?
China giving Australia a reality check.

Which Morrison will concede to, while trying sell that he isn't.

It will be classic #scottyfrommarketing. Bluster to China, to keep Trump happy, no follow through to not upset China to much.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is no doubt that China delayed information for a couple of weeks given the time line to try to contain the issue. The 14 day issue with this virus would have played a part as well which was also one of the reasons for the slow reaction of the Western World with not putting in place lockdown procedures till mid March.

1st Symptoms appeared mid December
10.1.20 China Reports 1st Death to a new Sars like virus
23.1.20 Wuhan commenced lockdown procedures

The issue is, this came from China, whether Trump, or anyone else is deflecting, doesn't change that.

I have noticed there are a few on here that keep bringing up Trump as if it's his fault.

You could say, they are deflecting.
Deflecting by saying it came from China?

Has anybody ever denied it came from China?

The issue is, every disease ever, came from somewhere.

And all of them did not have what would be considered a timely appropriate response.

But it's only China that's been held to account.

This is because many countries reactions have been so bad, having a nice boogy man to blame is quite handy.

That's all anyone including slo mo is calling for, an independent inquiry to the origins and the why. Yet Chinese public officials like the ambassador to Australia are in defensive mode for no known reason, unless they think there is an ulterior motive for which they have no reason to think that. Or it maybe that they do indeed have something to hide.

The reactions suggest they do.

Whichever you boil it down and dissect it originated from somewhere and for a reason, seems likely it was in China. There is no known reason an investigation should not be conducted for the purposes of future preparations.

If China is held to account for incompetence and or conspiracy then so be it, bad luck, that's life.

What are your opinions of the reactions of Chinese officials for an innocent investigation?

I have no doubt there will be a investigation and China would know this as well but now is not the appropriate time. You have the USA with a lot of anti China rhetoric supercharged more by the impending election and many nations trying to come to terms with internally overcoming there own issues with the virus.

I just hope that the fallout is handled better than the last crisis where in the end nobody was really help accountable for the GFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no doubt there will be a investigation and China would know this as well but now is not the appropriate time. You have the USA with a lot of anti China rhetoric supercharged more by the impending election and many nations trying to come to terms with internally overcoming there own issues with the virus.

I just hope that the fallout is handled better than the last crisis where in the end nobody was really help accountable for the GFC.

The US is always anti China, it's pertinent that an independent investigation takes place, now or later. If there are grounds to hold any individual or party to account then they will be held to account. This is an unprecedented situation and I can't see the world just letting said party or individuals or nation off scott free.

That ain't happenin.

This is getting worst and worst for China... I can see them being alienated on the world stage, the evidence is becoming absolute in terms of them being criminally compliant in providing misinformation and purposely lying to the global community about the true origins of Covid19 and the impact it has as a human to human to virus.
This news report, in your link, shows the intelligence agencies of the US, Britain, Canada, Australia & NZ have the view that China had considerable early knowledge of how contagious & deadly covid-19 was, & the CCP was involved in an intentional massive cover-up.
For allies of the CCP in Australia etc., who prefer to promote a narrative of "It's all Trumps fault and/or the USA's fault for covid-19", the joint intelligence information will be unwelcome.

These CCP allies will become more uncomfortable over time as the vast majority of democratic countries will hold the CCP responsible for the pandemic- even the Iranian Health Minister (& Iran has been a strong ally of China since the 1980's) has publicly blamed China "for the bitter joke its data played on the world".

Don't expect the allies of the CCP to support calls for an independent investigation into the covid-19 origins, China's cover-ups, & probable executions of whistleblowers; nor will they condemn China for threatening Australia, & other countries, who are pursuing an independent investigation, with economic retaliation/Chinese trade embargoes etc.

There has been a permanent paradigm shift in international relations & attitudes to the CCP. The CCP, & its allies, will be ramping up their propaganda for, probably, decades re CCP denials of culpability & damages.
Some of these CCP allies are disloyal to Australia- & because we have a democratic system, they are free to disseminate their vile views & deflections.

There is no doubt that China delayed information for a couple of weeks[at least 2 months] given the time line to try to contain the issue. The 14 day issue with this virus would have played a part as well which was also one of the reasons for the slow reaction of the Western World with not putting in place lockdown procedures till mid March.
The evidence provided from the South China Morning Post- leaked Chinese govt. documents- is that the mysterious, contagious, deadly disease was known in Wuhan about mid November- & perhaps earlier.

Italian medical researchers have also recently said that, anecdotally, doctors noticed "some very strange pneumonias" were circulating/killing in nthn. Italy amongst elderly people in November & December 2019- even though those affected had earlier been given the seasonal flu vaccination.

Has anybody ever denied it came from China?
Yes.
The CCP etc. has said the virus might have originated in nthn. Italy; & has also said the virus might, or did, get into Wuhan after being introduced there by the US military as a biological weapon.
But it's only China that's been held to account.

Do you think China has a moral obligation to pay full compensation for its covid-19 culpabiliy?

And do you think that, if China is found legally culpable in the International Court Of Justice, it should pay full compensation for all the deaths, permanent injuries to lungs & kidneys etc, suffering, & massive economic damage/recession/depression it has unleashed upon the world?

I accept that many countries (including the US/D. Trump, and the various US States- who have primary responsibility for health care/social distancing/lockdowns etc.) response to covid-19 has been very poor- & China could legally claim mitigation of any ICJ costs for damages.

Last edited:
The US is always anti China, it's pertinent that an independent investigation takes place, now or later. If there are grounds to hold any individual or party to account then they will be held to account. This is an unprecedented situation and I can't see the world just letting said party or individuals or nation off scott free.

That ain't happenin.

I fully agree regarding the investigation but without the presumption of guilt.

This guy knows more than anyone here.

Geez I'm not actually sure he knows that much about it looking passed his scrubs and just listening to him. He's basically like your local GP. He talks about data and science, yet doesn't account for his own non-randomised collection, switches statistical inferences to compare his data to California's, goes on to compare California to Sweden without any weighting and then dismisses a ten fold death count in Sweden compared to Norway as statistically insignificant without presenting a p-value or method for which this conclusion was arrived at. That's not at all scientific.

He talks about adaptive immunity, but he's anchored in his role as an urgent care physician, which is why he keeps repeating IgG and IgA, as they're the immunity markers general physicians test for with their blood tests. But B-cell production doesn't require antigen contact and there's not much immunity memory we're going to loose re pathogens we've had lifelong exposure to after just 6-8 weeks of social distancing and hand hygiene. Geez, if you lost immune response to Staphylococcus you wouldn't have to wait until shut down ended to find out.

Yet Chinese public officials like the ambassador to Australia are in defensive mode for no known reason, unless they think there is an ulterior motive for which they have no reason to think that.

Here's where you and I disagree. I think they have a definite reason to be suspicious of the political motivations and don't share your presumption of an innocent investigation. Certain western countries have already shown their hand in public attempts to scapegoat.

I posted earlier, I have always found China's reactionary wolf diplomacy boorish. It's like the CCP are still a child on the world stage and it's quite common they carry on like tools when other countries or organisations don't tow their line. Just look at the crap they pulled with the NBA or when the leader of a sovereign nation plans to meet with the Dalai Lama. It's like a child throwing a tantrum; which is why I've said Australia needs to have the balls to follow through, but only if it's a genuinely impartial inquiry seeking to establish facts.

Last edited:
I fully agree regarding the investigation but without the presumption of guilt.
On 5.1.20, China told the WHO it had only 11 cases, in total, of the "mysterious lung infection", & that it was not contagious- yet it decided on 23.1 to lockdown Wuhan, a city of 11m- & a few days later, Hubei province, 60m! A major overreaction for a few dozen cases, don't you think?
Are you seriously suggesting that the CCP was not lying?

China's early "...refusal to provide live samples to international scientists working on a vaccine..." suggest the CCP is involved in a cover-up.

Further details in this link of the CCP's cover-ups & lies, & culpability- including some of the information the South China Morning Post has revealed.

The Expresss UK 2.5
(Press "Esc" tab, at top left of keypad, IMMEDIATELY report appears, to open this link)

Last edited:
Here's where you and I disagree. I think they have a definite reason to be suspicious of the political motivations and don't share your presumption of an innocent investigation. Certain western countries have already shown their hand in public attempts to scapegoat.

I posted earlier, I have always found China's reactionary wolf diplomacy boorish. It's like the CCP are still a child on the world stage and it's quite common they carry on like tools when other countries or organisations don't tow their line. Just look at the crap they pulled with the NBA or when the leader of a sovereign nation plans to meet with the Dalai Lama. It's like a child throwing a tantrum.

Even if certain figures do have a vested interest to find accountability it's also certain that those same figures would want this investigation for the purposes of future preparation.

That seems the main 'want', for noble purposes.

Just because China views it as an ulterior motive doesn't justify trying to avoid an investigation.

The accountability part would be by product of it, so what? If it's warranted it's warranted.

WMDs in Iraq were (somewhat) understandable as it was based on faulty intelligence at the time.

What's amusing (if it wasn't disturbing) is that Pompeo contradicted his own intelligence authorities who don't have any evidence it was bio-engineered.
Your being extremely generous.

The US had people point at a building on a photo saying, WMD site. And they had UN inspectors inside said building saying, there isn't anything here?

So they rubished the UN, and ignored them.

Just because China views it as an ulterior motive doesn't justify trying to avoid an investigation.

I don’t agree. It’s why you should never talk to the cops without a lawyer present. Often times, they’re not asking questions to find out what happened; they think they already know and are just looking to prove they’re right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back