Corruption in the liberal Party.

Remove this Banner Ad

That is about as correct as blaming Murdoch for the last election loss.
Mugs on the other side blame the unions ..
My comment stands.
Nowhere did I exonerate or excuse any other party.
The Libs simply own the crime of Political Corruption.

My comment stands.
Nowhere did I exonerate or excuse any other party.
The Libs simply own the crime of Political Corruption.
You did seem to see corruption as a one way street, & maybe now you are trying to refine pollitical corruption to suit your own purpose & that is not exposing corruption,
Put the bastards in gaol, dont make lazy sleazy claims from the cheap seats.

You did seem to see corruption as a one way street, & maybe now you are trying to refine pollitical corruption to suit your own purpose & that is not exposing corruption,
Put the bastards in gaol, dont make lazy sleazy claims from the cheap seats.
I really don't give a rats arse how you see my comments.
I stand by them and they are supported by a lifetimes worth of well documented, proven rorts, frauds, lies and outright theft by the Party, it's office holders, it's members and it's benefactors.

In a perfect world most of them would have been dragged into the streets, gutted, pissed on, set fire too and then hung upside down in front of their offices, but they are protected by the laws they made to protect themselves.

The libs have made corruption and stealing money from the Australian taxpayer an art form.
They in fact exist for no other purpose.

Line every one of them up shoot them, then shoot their steam sh*t stained corpses into the sun.
I agreed with your post until the last line.

Which was totally unnecessary and doesn't help anything.

You should love the last post then....

You should love the last post then....
I have same issue on FB.

Ie, posts I agree with in principle, but go way over the top.

I just don't think it's an effective way to spread the message.

I really don't give a rats arse how you see my comments.
I stand by them and they are supported by a lifetimes worth of well documented, proven rorts, frauds, lies and outright theft by the Party, it's office holders, it's members and it's benefactors.

In a perfect world most of them would have been dragged into the streets, gutted, pissed on, set fire too and then hung upside down in front of their offices, but they are protected by the laws they made to protect themselves.
In that context is about as relevant as Joffas opinion on the best players in the AFL.
Why would deny corruption on what is clearly your own side unless it works for you.

The reality is corruption is rife in politics, comes with power

Do you think the OP is aware of the Hospital Employees Union disgrace a few years back? Money & power by the truck load & not a Lib in sight.
Money & power attracts sleaze not the Party used to rort it.

The libs have made corruption and stealing money from the Australian taxpayer an art form.
They in fact exist for no other purpose.

Line every one of them up shoot them, then shoot their steam sh*t stained corpses into the sun.

It's not just the Australian Liberal Party doing this. This has become the underlying philosophy behind the privatisation ethos across the whole of the pan-conservative movement worldwide. Siphoning off billion of dollars of public money into private hands through outsourcing of government contracts. It is a mega rort, and has no longer has anything to do with whether or not private enterprise is actually better at providing a service than a bureaucracy run by public servants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not just the Australian Liberal Party doing this. This has become the underlying philosophy behind the privatisation ethos across the whole of the pan-conservative movement worldwide. Siphoning off billion of dollars of public money into private hands through outsourcing of government contracts. It is a mega rort, and has no longer has anything to do with whether or not private enterprise is actually better at providing a service than a bureaucracy run by public servants.
The big impetus is for ministers to absolve themselves of responsibility for failures, while reaping the rewards for success.

Read Private Eye for the endless list of failures that just result in the same companies being awarded more contracts, and the UK ministers taking no responsibility.

The big impetus is for ministers to absolve themselves of responsibility for failures, while reaping the rewards for success.

Read Private Eye for the endless list of failures that just result in the same companies being awarded more contracts, and the UK ministers taking no responsibility.

Yeah. The UK seems to be a bit farther along the path than us. The corruption involved in their Covid response is incredible, it would be comical except that people died as a result of it. It is like the Australian Libs have seen the Tories get away with it, covered up by a friendly press, and trying to do a copy-cat here.

no distraction from the hair bellows of the dubious nature of the lessons from the future...

Hallow chief you are protraction from the wilds of the people and the ends of the earth...

carry me on.. no don't .. it is perspeciive and diabolical...

Yeah. The UK seems to be a bit farther along the path than us. The corruption involved in their Covid response is incredible, it would be comical except that people died as a result of it. It is like the Australian Libs have seen the Tories get away with it, covered up by a friendly press, and trying to do a copy-cat here.
The "medi-hotels' is a classic example of Government handing over many millions to privateers to do the job that should be a Federal Government responsibility carried out by appropriately trained professionals.

Instead, low paid, non-experienced labour hire personnel have been tasked with this critical responsibility and of course, when it goes wrong, the Federal Government washes it's hands to it and the State Governments are left having to take the blame.

This outrageous action should be called out for the scandal it is where private contractors/subcontractors have been given the green light to profit from a crisis.

The "medi-hotels' is a classic example of Government handing over many millions to privateers to do the job that should be a Federal Government responsibility carried out by appropriately trained professionals.

Instead, low paid, non-experienced labour hire personnel have been tasked with this critical responsibility and of course, when it goes wrong, the Federal Government washes it's hands to it and the State Governments are left having to take the blame.

This outrageous action should be called out for the scandal it is where private contractors/subcontractors have been given the green light to profit from a crisis.
I'm not sure what you mean by that last sentence. Do you expect private contractors to take a loss?

The Vic ALP government ****ed up oversight of HQ. I don't see how Murdoch and ScoMo can be held responsible for that.

corruption/rort scandal of the day: Cormann running around Europe in tax payer funded RAAF transport to find himself a job.

Rudd & the UN.*

PATHETIC idea that its corruption, the Governments of the day believed there is something in it for them (the Govt of Aus).

Since when is the description of corruption something that you simply (sic) dont like.

* did you ignore the blatantly obvious own goal OR didnt you even know. More cart wrong.

Nonsense comparison. Rudd was not a serving MP when he was campaigning for the UN role and he didn't use public resources to do it.

Not nonsense at all, it is the Govt of the day spending taxpayers money for that Govts benefit.
That they were not the preferred political party is self serving,.

Not nonsense at all, it is the Govt of the day spending taxpayers money for that Govts benefit.
That they were not the preferred political party is self serving,.

Im going off a very rusty memory, but wasnt there two separate bids (and i think you might be mixing them up):

1) Rudd's bid to get the SG nom.
Given the govt didnt even endorse this bid (I do remember Turnbull said something along the lines of that he couldnt endorse him in good faith), what govt money was spent prior to the kybosh?

2) Rudd's bid to get UNSC seat
This we did chase hard, and did spend govt coin ($25m apparently). This would have been a seat held by the Australian ambassador to the UN on our behalf though, not a gig like the SG role

Last edited:
Im going off a very rusty memory, but wasnt there two separate bids (and i think you might be mixing them up):

1) Rudd's bid to get the SG nom.
Given the govt didnt even endorse this bid (I do remember Turnbull said something along the lines of that he couldnt endorse him in good faith), what govt money was spent prior to the kybosh?

2) Rudd's bid to get UNSC seat
This we did chase hard, and did spend govt coin ($25m apparently). This would have been a seat held by the Australian ambassador to the UN on our behalf though, not a gig like the SG role

Wasnt there foreign aid too?

Wasnt there foreign aid too?

That I believe was for the UNSC bid

For the SG bid, I believe he had Lowy Institute behind him, plus a big chunk of the AU/US corporate leaders. They were banging media drums to get the ball rolling, and then Turnbull killed it.

Fwiw, I would like to think Turnbull did it because he genuinely didn't believe Rudd was suited for the role (and he would have a fair case to support him).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back