Cricket Thread: There's no cricket on for months

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Warne no 5 in one dayers?
Thought he was 23
Nothing but 23 here...

But when the team 1st used numbers they were 1 to 11, so Warne could not have been 23... & he is not listed with another number.

Nothing but 23 here...

But when the team 1st used numbers they were 1 to 11, so Warne could not have been 23... & he is not listed with another number.
Flicked over to the cricket but they had the 99 World Cup on and that’s where I saw him wearing 5.
The above link seems to explain it.

Going to be interesting, giving Pakistan enough time and overs if they are brave enough, we need to bowl well and more importantly, take bloody Smith out of first slip

Yeah. Declaring too early for my taste. Getting Head in and getting 10 off 2 balls, then declaring! He should have been given a few more overs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still looks like a good deck to bat on, think we're cooked.

Terrible declaration. Absolute amateur hour stuff.

This will be a historically bad decision - they'll be bringing up Australia losing a test series by declaring too early on a flat track for years.

This will be as demoralising as the Brisbane loss to India.

All 3 results clearly are in play.

Pakistan have struggled to get near 3 runs pers over, so perhaps Cummins wanted to set them a target they still think is gettable but they need to take a few more risks to maintain 3 runs an over needed.

I thought we would add another 50 runs, but that would have made it impossible for Pakistan, who would then bat conservatively for a draw.

We need early wickets on day 5 & if we can be around their tail for the last session with a new ball, we are likely to win... but we need to get through their top 4 who all average above 70 for the series.

Last edited:
All 3 results clearly are in play.

Pakistan have struggled to get near 3 runs pers over, so perhaps Cummins wanted to set them a target they still think is gettable but they need to take a few more risks to maintain 3 runs an over needed.

I thought we would add another 50 runs, but that would have made it impossible for Pakistan, who would then bat conservatively for a draw.

We need early wickets on day 2 & if we can be around their tail for the last session with a new ball, we are likely to win... but we need to get through their top 4 who all average above 70 for the series.
We've still got levers to slow the scoring rate.
The older ball has been more dangerous for our quicks and Lion.
If they can get more help from the pitch plus the old ball tailing around a bit they can get this done.

Cricket Thread: There's no cricket on for months

Remove this Banner Ad

Back