Cricket Thread: There's no cricket on for months

Remove this Banner Ad

Just going to say, I have watched nearly all of the Women's world cup and it has been a great tournament. Each game it has seemed like one of our stars has said "it's my turn, I'll smack a lazy hundred off 90, you guys rest"
Are they playing on smaller ovals?
Seems like some decent scores.

Just going to say, I have watched nearly all of the Women's world cup and it has been a great tournament. Each game it has seemed like one of our stars has said "it's my turn, I'll smack a lazy hundred off 90, you guys rest"
Beth Mooney's catch today was as good as you'll see

A billion people watched Warney’s memorial tonight, 300M in India alone! Brilliantly done and definitely shed a few tears (and laughs!)
Agreed & he got the send off he deserved.

So much loved by all those he touched.

Could listen to Warnie stories for days.

Memories of 2006 Adelaide Test will last forever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched that test again yesterday, can watch it over and over, even saw myself in the crowd for the first time

Michael Jordan’s touching tribute to Warnie​

Brooke Warne has revealed basketball legend Michael Jordan made a touching gesture to the family in the wake of Shane’s sudden passing.

Brooke Warne has revealed basketball legend Michael Jordan sent the family flowers and his condolences.
Warne met Jordan via their shared sponsor Nike in 1994.

“Flowers from someone extremely special,” Brooke wrote. “Thank you Michael Jordan.”

Brooke also posted about how proud she was of her brother and sister and how special the night was.

“The most extraordinary night sending off our extraordinary Dad… it was the most perfect night and we are beyond grateful for everyone’s constant support, I am so lucky to have the most amazing brother @jacksonwarne18, sister @summerwarne & Mum

Michael Jordan sent the family flowers and his condolences.

Michael Jordan sent the family flowers and his condolences.
@simonecallahan. Jackson, Summer and I will continue our Dads legacy and he will always live on through us.

“Gone but never, ever, EVER forgotten. We couldn’t be prouder to be his children.

“Love you Dad.

SW23 FOREVER.”

Jackson Warne also reflected on his dad’s state memorial, saying it was the “right way to say goodbye” while also praising his sisters for their brave speeches on the night.

Shane Warne’s life was celebrated with an incredible tribute at the MCG before a crowd of almost 60,000 people.

“Thank you to everyone who came to the MCG last night from all around the world and thank you to everyone who tuned in from home,’’ Jackson wrote on social media with a clip of part of his moving speech delivered on the night.

“Thank you to @tunners3205 (JAMTV’s Luke Tunnecliffe) @mushroomgroup and

the @mcg for putting on an amazing ceremony for dad. It truly was a celebration of his life and the right way to say goodbye.

“Well done to all the panels, video packages, music tributes and speakers for running the night so smoothly and putting smiles on people’s faces.”

After Warne’s three children, Brooke, Jackson and Summer spoke on stage, they gathered in the Great Southern Stand as the new Shane Warne Stand was officially revealed.

“It was an honour unveiling the Shane Warne stand with my sisters and it’s a memory I’Il cherish forever,’’ Jackson wrote.

“@brookewarne and @summerwarne. I’m so proud of you both. You spoke so well and I know dad would’ve been so proud of you guys. You did great.

“Thank you for all the messages of love and support over the last month. It means so much to me and makes things a little easier seeing how many lives dad had a positive impact on and how happy he made so many people.

“R. I. P Dad

Jackson ended the post with a love heart

Premiership celebrations can get a little rowdy at times and every sports person would have some legendary & inappropriate stories to tell but this is a beauty

Yuzvendra Chahal alleges James Franklin and Australian cricketer Andrew Symonds, his Mumbai Indian teammates, left him tied and gagged for an entire night before he was found by a cleaner. Chahal said the pair had never apologised to him.

Premiership celebrations can get a little rowdy at times and every sports person would have some legendary & inappropriate stories to tell but this is a beauty

Sam Maclure:- ‘this is believed to be as part of a tribute to the pre season camp the Adelaide crows went on, as people have said that both Symonds and Franklin have in fact heard of them’

Sam Maclure:- ‘this is believed to be as part of a tribute to the pre season camp the Adelaide crows went on, as people have said that both Symonds and Franklin have in fact heard of them’
Caroline Wilson:- ‘When the full story comes out in time them I think it’s pretty obvious that the Adelaide crows were in fact in the dressing rooms at the time and were in fact the ones who tied and gagged this player, inexplicably the AFL haven’t charged them yet but i expect them to lose draft picks as well as massive fines’

Cricket Thread: There's no cricket on for months

Remove this Banner Ad

Back