MRP / Trib. Crowley guilty of Pinching

Remove this Banner Ad

The number of games you have played is directly proportional to how credible your words are.

Wayne Carey played 272 AFL games - drug addicted, woman beating and team mate back stabbing adulterer: Quality human being, how dare you question him.

Tom Swift played 34 games - future medial professional: As trustworthy as a drug addict.

I actually feel like I need to defend Swift here.

Talk about mixed messages, Embley's dog act gets a week, Watson comes out about illegal injections.
Then no evidence and Crowley fined?
Afl has no credibility, State of Origin tonight to get some reality back.

I can't help but feel this was used as deflection by North. They are having an appalling season - anything to hide the fact that Brad Scott is a shit coach and should go.

This kind of whinging seems straight from the Chris Connolly playbook.

I just asked this question on the North board, so I'll ask it here. Did anybody in the crowd see Crowls pinch Harvey? Nobody has come forward so far that I've seen, but I am not omnipresent on the boards. They are crowing like they've won a game on the North board, but nobody seems to have seen anything.

It implies to me that there was nothing to be seen. Between some fairly close umpire attention, the cameras, and 30000 plus in the crowds somebody must have seen something on Sunday if there was anything to see.

Someone is surely taking the piss as this is a massive joke. It's once again one persons word against the other with no video evidence and with the umpires having seen nothing.

I just asked this question on the North board, so I'll ask it here. Did anybody in the crowd see Crowls pinch Harvey? Nobody has come forward so far that I've seen, but I am not omnipresent on the boards. They are crowing like they've won a game on the North board, but nobody seems to have seen anything.

It implies to me that there was nothing to be seen. Between some fairly close umpire attention, the cameras, and 30000 plus in the crowds somebody must have seen something on Sunday if there was anything to see.

Seen nothing. Saw Boomer doing a lot of whinging and sulking off the ball but didn't see Crowls pinch him.

Did you watch these two the entire game?
Individually no. Collectively, we did.

At all stages the players are surrounded by the crowd, full 360. So no matter where the ball is, somebody had to be looking pretty much straight at Crowley and Harvey to see the action. Someone must have seen something. That's why someone in the crowd always knows what happens off the ball. As the incident will always be between the play, and somebody in the crowd. This logic holds for any games with a reasonably full crowd - which Subi always is.

It is also the reason we would not be so indignant in defending player like Jeff Farmer and Josh Carr. We knew what they did. I haven't seen any Freo fan saying they saw Crowls do it. Or a North Fan for that matter.

If it happened about 300 times that's once every 24 seconds (120 minutes = 7,200 seconds... 7200 divided by 300 = 24) - surely it would have been seen by someone or the camera.

Man, Crowley's like the Phantom of the Pinch. Wouldn't be surprised if he's sneaking into the bowels of Subiaco oval before games and pinching sweat bands from storage either.

I'm as indignant as the next person about this, but I hope the club and more particularly Crowley just forget about it now and get on with planning for Geelong.
Sure do what Ross did and say publicly he believes Crowley and stands by him. But then leave it there, move on to planning for Geelong this week and, more long term, who is going to run through Harvey and flatten him next year if the little sook plays on

I do not think we should let it go.

If Crowley did pinch Harvey, I have no problem with Harvey telling the umpires. It is not the sort of thing a player should do to another player. I would not defend Creepy if that was the case.

In this case, I don't believe Harvey. It is an affront to Crowley as a professional and I think the club should fight it on principle.

With the amount of coverage those 2 got, for not 1 instance of this pinching to be filmed is unbelievable.

As a club, we need to show that we will fight for each other. Anybody, anytime, anywhere. If that means in the tribunal, do it. It will galvanise the team for the Geelong game rather than be a distraction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's be honest here it's pretty hard to see someone pinching someone especially from any distance...........if that's what allegedly happened.

I'm as indignant as the next person about this, but I hope the club and more particularly Crowley just forget about it now and get on with planning for Geelong.
Sure do what Ross did and say publicly he believes Crowley and stands by him. But then leave it there, move on to planning for Geelong this week and, more long term, who is going to run through Harvey and flatten him next year if the little sook plays on

The problem is that Crowleys credibility has taken a hit because they didnt believe him over Harvey. I would be looking in to this as a defamation case. The MRP has taken Brent "DOG" Harvey's word over Ryan "Innocent until proven guilty" Crowley with no evidence to back it up. The case should have been thrown out due to not enough evidence.

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

Let's be honest here it's pretty hard to see someone pinching someone especially from any distance...........if that's what allegedly happened.

What about 300 times? As I said before - once every 24 seconds... surely at least 1 could be seen

Challenge it. How the **** he was found guilty with no evidence other than wah wah wah dibber dobber Harvey saying mummy he pinched me, is ****ing unbelievable.

North love to act like the tough guy but love a sook when things go against them. Enjoyed your win on the weekend. Glad you didn't shut the roof. :p

The problem is that Crowleys credibility has taken a hit because they didnt believe him over Harvey. I would be looking in to this as a defamation case. The MRP has taken Brent "DOG" Harvey's word over Ryan "Innocent until proven guilty" Crowley with no evidence to back it up. The case should have been thrown out due to not enough evidence.

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

I agree with you it is outrageous but why waste the energy and the distraction it would be for Crowley fighting it further?
Channel his anger into Geelong.
On that point, what I hope the club does do is contact the umpiring department and make it clear we expect Crowley to be umpired fairly this week - big risk he will be given even a harder time than usual by the maggots

What about 300 times? As I said before - once every 24 seconds... surely at least 1 could be seen
It's all crap really. We may get the truth one day, but for now I guess crowls just pays up and gets on with it. Don't think he'll miss his 1200 buck donation to the afl.At least he get's to smash (legally of course) some poor unsuspecting Geelong midfielder this week! I Pity the poor soul (not)!

Can't say I feel too sorry for Harvey. Happy to puch a first year player in the face at the bottom of the pack, but can't deal with someone annoying the shit out of him all day.

edit - ah thought I was putting this in the main board thread, bloody multiple tabs.

Read the transcript. Appalling decision by a 10min deliberation of a "jury" that took the word of one player over another with absolutely no additional evidence. Wonder if they would have reached the same decision if the positions of the accused and defendent were reversed?

My thought is with someone grabbing little chunks of your jumper all day (as a tagger usually does) how does a player with bruised ribs know if someone has deliberately pinched him or has just grabbed a bit of skinfold with the jumper by accident?

And even if they are going to believe someone ... why is the evasive testimony of Harvey taken as gospel? When he has proved to be a gutless little sniper, taking cheap shots at guys like Kerr and Wingard. The guy is king of the bogans. I wouldn't trust him with anything.

I do not think we should let it go.

If Crowley did pinch Harvey, I have no problem with Harvey telling the umpires. It is not the sort of thing a player should do to another player. I would not defend Creepy if that was the case.

In this case, I don't believe Harvey. It is an affront to Crowley as a professional and I think the club should fight it on principle.

With the amount of coverage those 2 got, for not 1 instance of this pinching to be filmed is unbelievable.

As a club, we need to show that we will fight for each other. Anybody, anytime, anywhere. If that means in the tribunal, do it. It will galvanise the team for the Geelong game rather than be a distraction.

i watched the match (ok, on tv) and read the tribunal transcript. I am not convinced on Harvey's truthfulness (I posted about it somewhere in the main board).
However, I think we should just let it drop. There is nothing to gain for Crowley dragging this on. He is already guilty by association (being in freo, the team ballentyne is in :confused:). Winning any appeal will not change their opinion unfortunately.

Its just distraction for Crowley and the team which is better spend preparing for the big match this week.

Its a bummer he lost his shot at the browlow though :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back