Crows 2019 injury and fitness thread with regular updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows Science and Medical Services Coordinator Steve Saunders provided the following update on Paul Seedsman who suffered a knee injury in the final quarter of last night’s loss to Geelong.

"We were obviously concerned for Paul given the nature of the injury," Saunders said.

"Follow-up examination post game was more encouraging than initial assessments and imaging undertaken today has proved good news for him.

"He has not injured his ACL. Paul sustained significant injury to capsular and bone structures that required MRI to understand these better. We will know more as to time frames for Paul as we assess his clinical progress over the next 5-7 days."

Thank Christ, we finally had some "good" (not disastrous) news on a knee injury. Really happy for Seedsman, still sucks to be out for two months but way better than missing the whole season and a chunk of the preseason as well.
Gets back by the bye, not the end of the world thankfully

It didn't look like your typical ACL in the first instance, I was shocked when I heard the initial tests last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gets back by the bye, not the end of the world thankfully
How I read it is that the period of recovery is still undetermined. At best it would be a 6-8 weeks recovery, but might need more depending on whether further surgery is needed. Still, it's certainly better news than a torn ACL.

Hopefully it's not bone bruising either, that can end seasons and even careers in some sports if it doesn't heal quickly.

Hopefully it's not bone bruising either, that can end seasons and even careers in some sports if it doesn't heal quickly.
I'm not sure if where you're getting this reference, but most bone bruising issues should heal well with rest. Think all the MMA fighting, boxing, martial arts etc., inevitably there will be bone bruising in each fight or even in training. Yet, these fighters can carry on fighting on a regular basis.

I'm not sure if where you're getting this reference, but most bone bruising issues should heal well with rest. Think all the MMA fighting, boxing, martial arts etc., inevitably there will be bone bruising in each fight or even in training. Yet, these fighters can carry on fighting on a regular basis.

Your trained to hit the softer targets and adviod bone on bone hits and kicks. And you're using your Shin or Elbow forearm, Gloves protect the Hands most times.
But its important to remember is the break between Fights They are not fighting weekly, and Postfight training is lite allowing for a decent rest until you up-tempo.

Poor Andy Mac, talent to burn but can't get through more than a week a year

Your trained to hit the softer targets and adviod bone on bone hits and kicks. And you're using your Shin or Elbow forearm, Gloves protect the Hands most times.
But its important to remember is the break between Fights They are not fighting weekly, and Postfight training is lite allowing for a decent rest until you up-tempo.
You’re sort of agreeing with my original post in a round about way. Bone bruising is very common in most martial arts/boxing matches. With rest, they generally heal and live to fight another day and more matches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back