News Crows 5 Year Plan: AFL Premiership by 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don't think they can win with you.

They don't announce something - Then you just say there is no plan to win a flag. Everyone is happy to just try and eek an existence trying to make the finals.

They announce a goal to win a flag - its wildly optimistic and they don't have a handle on it.

5 years is a long time. I would wager nobody saw us making a grand final in 4 years after 2013.

Firstly, I've never complained that they've not had a disclosed plan in the past. I've been a supporter for nearly 30 years and have done just fine without hearing about any 5 year plans. The only time I've commented on a 'plan', was when Fagan told us that we'd achieved everything in a plan we weren't told about and was simultaneously at the lowest point of our near 30 year history. I simply don't care about plans, except to the extent that without one, it's hard to get a grant these days. And I've seen my share of templated strategic plans put together by accounting firms, paid for by departments of business, being dusted off and re-created a few years later. And the on,y winner is the 'expert at everything' accountancy firm on the procurement panel.

in terms of our club, I don't think our primary objective is to win a flag. I think the plan, as per the posted annual report primary aim, is to play finals. And I think that there's an assumption that if you play enough finals, it's a foregone conclusion that you'll eventually snag a flag. I also reckon that if a genie popped out of a bottle and offered the board and footy dept 5 straight 8th placed finishes or 4 bottom 3 finishes and a flag, they'd unanimously go with the former.

And yeh, I reckon we need 2 more years near the bottom and nail the picks with mids in order to redress those 4 failed first picks across a few years before ascending with a genuinely contending group. I do think it's laughable that we look at our best 22 right now and reckon we can start challenging the bottom part of the 8 (which I fear we might) and then start adding pick 10s over the next 4 years and have somehow built a flag winning midfield.

I'd be thrilled to be wrong, as I was with Nix forcing Sloane from captaincy, but there's many more moving parts to building a list that can genuinely compete for a flag than making a single and obvious decision.

Lol. There's a big difference between having an opinion, and being upset.

To me it seems like your opinion indicated you were upset with the decision announce we would win a flag in the next 5 years.

Best you learn the difference, clown.

Is this another opinion or did me calling you upset make you even more upset?

What's the plan for website hits?

Difference being the meerkat knows what he is doing. The Fagermeister tried to fake until he made it. He failed at both as most of the fan base knew he was clueless.

To me it seems like your opinion indicated you were upset with the decision announce we would win a flag in the next 5 years.

Is this another opinion or did me calling you upset make you even more upset?

He is up to his guts with you 🤣🤣🤣

Poorta dlelie says hello
vintageportland-wordpress-com-powers-portable-delicatessen-jpg.1620261

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and no.

We still need couple of important pieces but 2027 should be the expected timeline for a successful rebuild.
2027 means 100 games into players like Rachele, Soligo, Fogarty, Thilthorpe, Pedlar, Dawson, Michalanney, Berry, Schoenberg, Worrell, Rankine, Butts etc. Would have to make a huge difference to now.

Of the 5 year plan in terms of winning the flag if it was an "guarantee" and we do get "one flag' in the next 5 years I would pick this year, as it would mean Tex Sloane Smith and Laird get their well deserved Flag.

Particularly Tex, such a shame 2017 went to the shitter and he had a poor game, because the big fella deserves one.

The two greatest goal kickers in our history both not winning flags would upset me a little.

Of the 5 year plan in terms of winning the flag if it was an "guarantee" and we do get "one flag' in the next 5 years I would pick this year, as it would mean Tex Sloane Smith and Laird get their well deserved Flag.

Particularly Tex, such a shame 2017 went to the shitter and he had a poor game, because the big fella deserves one.

The two greatest goal kickers in our history both not winning flags would upset me a little.
Hopefully Fogarty goes on to be our all time leading goal kicker and wins a couple of flags, and wins a Coleman medal at some point.

Hopefully Fogarty goes on to be our all time leading goal kicker and wins a couple of flags, and wins a Coleman medal at some point.
And a Norm Smith, All-Australian and becomes AFC captain late in his career…
(Ok, 2 out of 3 possible, not sure they give Norm Smiths to forwards..Steve Johnson, yes… did Kevin Bartlett get one?)

Edit. Yes, KB did, 1980.. should have remembered that day.. had our place in Melbourne burgled while we were out watching the GF..
Bastards

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back