News Damien Hardwick agrees to become the coach of The Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

At least he doesn't have to worry about playing at Marvel very often.

Lol actually he will play at marvel more often. GCS will get like 1 MCG game a year. Every other melbourne game will be at Marvel. You hate to see it.

Lol actually he will play at marvel more often. GCS will get like 1 MCG game a year. Every other melbourne game will be at Marvel. You hate to see it.

They definitely will get a MCG away game against Richmond next year. Lock it in your diary !

Walking into an absolute gold mine.

Another 3 top 12 ranked players in their academy in this draft + Anderson, King, Miller, Rowell, Lukosius, Ballard, Flanders, Humphrey, Collins.
Haven't they being saying that about GC from the start?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opposition supporters up in arms. Upset at a man they should have little emotional investment in.

"He betrayed us all" - Supporter of Non-Richmond club.

Not mad, super happy with his time at Richmond and can’t blame the bloke for cashing in now too

Skeptical on how successful he will be at GC though

Not mad, super happy with his time at Richmond and can’t blame the bloke for cashing in now too

Skeptical on how successful he will be at GC though

With the Academy picks the Suns are cashing in on the next 2 years, a Gold Coast flag in the next 5 years under Dimma is not out of the question imo

He will give the Suns a big boost and also a boost to the World's greatest game in Queensland.

No rule changes for the Suns by the AFL lol.

Also Dimma will get some freekicks now.

Always be a Richmond legend,the record stands etched on Punt Road walls.

With the Academy picks the Suns are cashing in on the next 2 years, a Gold Coast flag in the next 5 years under Dimma is not out of the question imo

I don’t think the quality of the players is the problem, I like the GC list and think it’s finally tracking in the right direction

I think Dimma is a solid coach who can get the best out of his players, his tactics are questionable. Think he was lucky to have who he did around him at Tigerland.

Opposition supporters up in arms. Upset at a man they should have little emotional investment in.

"He betrayed us all" - Supporter of Non-Richmond club.
It is a bit bizarre.

Personally just happy and grateful that he led us to a fantastic era with 3 premiership. However, it was clear that the era was over and that Richmond and Dimma needed a new start.

If he wasn't 100% committed to rebuilding a new Richmond side from scratch then he was simply not the man for us going forward.

You honestly think Dew wouldn't have got the sack if Dimma was available?

The improvement of Ned (Flanders) and many other Suns players since Dew was sacked is actually proof that Gold Coast should have sacked him 2 years ago, but maybe it was their long game plan all along for Dimma to be available

Regardless its impossible to feel sorry for Dew, he got well compensated for years of medicore results at Gold Coast and got a nice payout once he was terminated

I go as far to say if I had the choice of GC list or our list right now I'd take the GC list. The GC list pretty much is fast forward two or three years of rebuilding.

I would almost take Gold Coast's list over any other team's in the AFL

Mac Andrew is going to be the best intercept defender in the league within 3 years, so athletic and strong, caused us massive headaches in the first quarter on Saturday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back