Dan Menzel

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s exactly what I’ve been saying.
Also hope Gregson and McCarthy can get some game time and impress this year also so improve their currency.

McCarthy is a bit like Menzel. You hate to not keep him because of the impact he can have when fit, but yeah we have too many at the moment.

That’s exactly what I’ve been saying.
Also hope Gregson and McCarthy can get some game time and impress this year also so improve their currency.
So remove all of Nakia, Gregson and Lincoln? Thank god you're not the list manager. 2 small forwards and a half forward. Yeah no thanks.
Only Lincoln will go imo, and rightly so.

We're in need of a ruck, CHF, KPD and will draft 1-3 father son's this year. We are not removing our small forward brigade at once given this.

Would make an interesting discussion. He has some unique talent, but in terms of reliable week in week out mids, Kelly and Parfitt will most likely go past him if they haven't already.

Kelly's already gone past most of your players and is comfortably sitting right behind Duncan in terms of quality right now.

I can't believe Chris Scott dropped him for the QF last year. It was one of the stupidest things he has ever done.
Think there is a bit more to the story that hasn't been told

I thought most non Geelong supporters seemed to rate him pretty highly.

Really just seemed like Geelong management were hesitant to pull the trigger on a longer contract.
And rightly so given his injury history.

No sane list manager would sign him to a long term deal.

I'm certainly not arguing that point. Moreso that he's one of those players that has been widely lauded by the football community for his talent and commitment to getting his body right.
A lot of opposition supporters wrote him off after the finish to last year unless that was simply for trolling purposes which is more then likely given the state of this site at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only at the moment?

He's been the only Geelong player who I've liked for a long time now.
I've noticed the site go downhill further with the influx of Richmond supporters.

And what exactly did Geelong achieve by dropping him for that QF last year? A defunct forward line and a kid called Zac Guthrie who fluffed it.
And a bloke called James Parsons who retained his place in the forward line for six touches, a late goal and no tackles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back