Dangerfield vs. Cotchin, who will be the better player in 2012 and beyond?

Dangerfield or Cotchin in 2012 and beyond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

9004488-3x2-700x467.jpg

He looked like he'd be one of the best in the game early on in his career.

He looked like he'd be one of the best in the game early on in his career.
Unfortunately for the football purist, his development as a player took a backseat to his role as captain. In retrospect, and by his own admission, he took things too seriously and tried to do too much.

He's still a handy Premiership Captain though.

Unfortunately for the football purist, his development as a player took a backseat to his role as captain. In retrospect, and by his own admission, he took things too seriously and tried to do too much.

He's still a handy Premiership Captain though.

Went to another level this season and beast mode in the finals where reputations are made(and ruined)- still one of the better mids going around in the league

And I rate Cotchin higher than Dangerfield. Cotch does the team things. Dangerfield tries to get the votes.
surely you cannot keep a straight face and try to say Cotchin is a better player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Danger and Selwood have been far better players than Cotchin/Martin from 2012 onward. It's so far off you can't even compare them.

As a player, you'd take Dangerfield 9.98 times out of 10.

Knowing what you know about them now though, if you were building a team from scratch and had to pick between them I think that 5 times out of 10 I would take Trent.

There are a lot of intangibles in football, with leadership being the biggest. I truly believe that it was the leadership of Trent & Damien last year that got a pretty good side to win the flag.

In the same approach, I would be split on taking Trent or Dusty first based on their ability to get the most out of other players.

Knowing what you know about them now though, if you were building a team from scratch and had to pick between them I think that 5 times out of 10 I would take Trent.

There are a lot of intangibles in football, with leadership being the biggest. I truly believe that it was the leadership of Trent & Damien last year that got a pretty good side to win the flag.

In the same approach, I would be split on taking Trent or Dusty first based on their ability to get the most out of other players.

Do you recall what was said about that so called leadership before halfway through last year? It was constantly questioned, his misses even had to rant to the football community about leaving him alone.

Absolutely. If you are lacking leadership, Cotchin. Otherwise, Dangerfield.

Back