Recommitted Daniel Rioli [Signs until 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah. He loves playing with his uncle. Will sign a three year deal later on in the year.

Been fantastic this year and good to see this acknowledged by oppo fans.

Who knows, MRJ also out of contract

Ralph Carr will be fishing for a big pay day
Rioli's been great this year but he'd still be behind Broad and Short in the B&F and if Vlastuin had played more games, likely him also. Don't think there'll be much of a market for him (or at least I can't immediately think of a club that would be paying big bucks) and consequently I think he'll stay given the family ties to the club. He'll get fair value I would have thought.

Suspect both MRJ and Dan will take short term deals around 2 years and try and maximise their next contract, though there's no real cap pressure at Richmond in the next few years given quite a few players will come off our books.

Makes good financial sense for him, he's only getting better in this new role and he might want to see what offers he gets as leverage or to consider compared to what Richmond offer him.

Still see him signing a 3-4 year deal with Richmond I think.

Fairly sure he put contract talks off until the end of year both previous times.

Good move by him and his management. He's adding value to his contract every week.

Don't think he'll move as I doubt anyone will offer huge money for him. If they do, good on them, as with Ralphsmith, Baker, Short all being able to play that running/rebound role, I don't think he would be a huge loss despite his very good form.

Fairly sure he put contract talks off until the end of year both previous times.

Good move by him and his management. He's adding value to his contract every week.

Don't think he'll move as I doubt anyone will offer huge money for him. If they do, good on them, as with Ralphsmith, Baker, Short all being able to play that running/rebound role, I don't think he would be a huge loss despite his very good form.
Yep he definetly did last year but that I think was due to him being in and out of the side. Which made sense to do a 1 year deal since he couldn’t negotiate that much

This time he’s been best 22 the whole time and would be doing it to maximise the contract

Sure. He put off contract talks and the club signed a 1 year extension. Lol.

When he wasnt playing that well. The club was in control of the process last two years not the other way around.

After spending the last two seasons with no contract for the following year Id suggest he will want a 3 to 4 year deal as security . Especially now he's playing much better. And more $.

Time for him to look after himself and future family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His attack on the ball is so good. Don’t think I’m out line saying he was a flakey small forward type (albeit triple premiership player), now I don’t expect him to lose a one on one contest in the back half.

Sure. He put off contract talks and the club signed a 1 year extension. Lol.

When he wasnt playing that well. The club was in control of the process last two years not the other way around.

After spending the last two seasons with no contract for the following year Id suggest he will want a 3 to 4 year deal as security . Especially now he's playing much better. And more $.

Time for him to look after himself and future family.
He put off contract talks because the offer on the table was for less than he wanted given the form he was in. Yes the leverage of the club was greater at that time than it is now, but they hardly forced him to sign a deal.

He's more than welcome to shop himself round and get the best deal. He still wouldn't be the priority for Richmond in re-signing. That would be Liam Baker.
Dan will get an offer of a 3-4 year deal with a pay rise, I don't think anyone is disputing that. There'll be salary cap aplenty in the coming years as Cotchin, Riewoldt and Martin all transition to less money/retirement and therefore I think Richmond's deal will be pretty competitive.

I also don't see another club offering significant money for him. That being said, the quotes around Amon at the moment send my head spinning so who knows?

He put off contract talks because the offer on the table was for less than he wanted given the form he was in. Yes the leverage of the club was greater at that time than it is now, but they hardly forced him to sign a deal.

He's more than welcome to shop himself round and get the best deal. He still wouldn't be the priority for Richmond in re-signing. That would be Liam Baker.
Dan will get an offer of a 3-4 year deal with a pay rise, I don't think anyone is disputing that. There'll be salary cap aplenty in the coming years as Cotchin, Riewoldt and Martin all transition to less money/retirement and therefore I think Richmond's deal will be pretty competitive.

I also don't see another club offering significant money for him. That being said, the quotes around Amon at the moment send my head spinning so who knows?

He's a RFA and a experienced premiership player x 3 and not old.

I can most definitely see other clubs offering more years and more $$$ as it costs nothing pick wise and he'd be best 22 straight away.

The Suns especially.

If the Eagles are set on retaining Willie I would put an offer to him. Eagles need decent half back who can defend and rebound.

Richmond will be hoping to get him cheaper due to Maurice Jnr being there.

No way he leaves but his season this year has given him some nice bargaining power
100%

He's gone from a token contract to commanding a reasonable term and sizable monetary increase.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back