Recommitted Daniel Rioli [Signs until 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

You’d know more than I do mate. I don’t watch him super closely so I may be off with my grade of him. I see him similarly to how I see Bailey Dale for us.
I see Dale a bit more of a intercept running half-back probably bit more all-rounded, where Daniel Rioli speed and run is probably his one wood.

Very different players and I love Dale.

Rioli is more run and
Gun. His ability to break the lines with elite speed and hit a target is outstanding

Hes really improved this year but statistically speaking its a lot easier to find half backs and small backs with late/rookie picks than it is mids and key forwards which is why clubs usually dont overpay for those types in trades.

Hes really improved this year but statistically speaking its a lot easier to find half backs and small backs with late/rookie picks than it is mids and key forwards which is why clubs usually dont overpay for those types in trades.
True but depends on needs.

I wouldn’t think a pick in the teens is over paying for an elite half back, albeit off the back of one season.

A lot of interest in Dan the last month especially.
One of the most inform half backs in the game and possibly most improved player in the league.

Interested what oppo supporters think he’s worth?

Pick between 15-20.

If he puts together another season like this one, it probably rises.

Disagree with the ease of finding a HB.

It’s one thing finding a player who can find the footy off half back… but finding one with speed, creativity of ball use and also one who has figured out the balance between defence and offence is actually very hard.

Rioli has really improved his defensive side and that has really let the offence flow for him.

Inefficient, unaccountable half back flanks are dime a dozen. Riolis game hasnt just improved overnight. It’s taken 35-40 games plus a full pre season of backline work to get to this point.

I’d agree. Value wise a bit less as a result.

Would be pretty out there to see him leave
I think we'd need to be offering him some sort of derisory contract for him to leave. The low base he got last year was fair enough, there would have been some agreement and expectation that if the change in position paid off, then a significant increase on the 1 year contract we gave him last year would be likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And pickett.....and Bolton....and parker....and his uncle mrj....

Parker likely to be delisted.

Long term contract on better money than what the tigers can offer and the extra carrot of playing in Darwin a couple of times a year. Its all but a done deal from what i have heard. I know tigers fans wont like hearing it

Long term contract on better money than what the tigers can offer and the extra carrot of playing in Darwin a couple of times a year. Its all but a done deal from what i have heard. I know tigers fans wont like hearing it
Source? "What I have heard" on Bigfooty tends to be the mates Whats App group.

The dreamtime game would have more pull than 2 games in Darwin.

I highly doubt it....but we do have plenty of half back depth and holes in the midfield and forward so trading out a rioli wouldn't be the end of the world.

Gold Coast circling

And the Hawks as well?

I think every club would like D Rioli in their team for the right price in trade capital and $$$.

Suns have Darwin as a zone and playing home games there. Won two games in a row there earlier this year. (Should make it early July its been dry 30 down to 13 degrees overnight for the past three weeks...freeeezing!!!) ;) :tearsofjoy:

The dreamtime game would have more pull than 2 games in Darwin.

I highly doubt it....but we do have plenty of half back depth and holes in the midfield and forward so trading out a rioli wouldn't be the end of the world.

Long term contract on better money.

v

Dreamtime at the G

Suns with multiple 2nd rounders to get it done.

If he goes Gold Coast makes a lot of sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back