Recommitted Daniel Rioli [Signs until 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Thrilled with this.

Has become an excellent rebounding defender. In fact I think he has more upside than Houli did at his peak.

Dan is lightning quick, deceptively capable in the air, clean by foot, plays very close, and runs all damned day.

Love the bloke! Should at least be AA40.

Thrilled with this.

Has become an excellent rebounding defender. In fact I think he has more upside than Houli did at his peak.

Dan is lightning quick, deceptively capable in the air, clean by foot, plays very close, and runs all damned day.

If he can maintain this year's form, not even necessarily improve for the 5 year contract, its a big win.
He's AA squad level calibre, which is a very good standard.

Thrilled with this.

better kick and much faster than houli, and defends better on the ground in terms of tackling and pressure.

houli was a bigger body allowing him to defend a bit better in the contest, was a good overhead/intercept mark and read the play well.

rioli can chase down a small forward better and then run and deliver better once he gets the ball. but he cant stand in the hole and intercept mark against the bigger bodies like houli could (im imagining particularly what houli did in the 17 gf)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back